Jeremy Pruitt Job Approval thru 25 Games

• Approve of Job

Votes: 437 77.9%
  • Disapprove of Job

Votes: 15 2.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 109 19.4%

• Total voters
Like I’ve said before we all knew it would take 4+ years to claw our way back to the top. Next year is year #3. We still gotta couple years to go. We will get there under Pruitt. And we will reach the top.

Go VOLS

We likely win 8 next year. VN will be unhappy saying “next year blah blah or he’s on the hot seat”. The university will be far less hard nosed on the subject

Undecided. This year's beginning was as disappointing as last year's finish.

We likely win 8 next year. VN will be unhappy saying “next year blah blah or he’s on the hot seat”. The university will be far less hard nosed on the subject
if it’s 8-4 with losses to OU, UF, UGA, and Bama in competitive fashion, I think everyone would be okay and not angry.

8-4 should be the absolute floor for this program next year. 9-4 with a bowl win and we are still showing positive trajectory.

Last edited:
Really?
You’ve not been paying attention.

Sure do. Id say there are 8 games on the schedule next year we are supposed to win.

We then have 4 games we most likely are projected to lose but should match up better in some and not better in others.

Pruitt has beat 5 teams (I think) that finished the season with a winning record and has more 25+ point losses than any other UT coach. So no I’m not impressed with his first 2 seasons. I’m still undecided about him as a HC but that will change after this upcoming season.

Reactions: JMSqb11
Pruitt will build a very good defense. With an offense that doesn't beat itself, this combo will win a lot of games.

I approve but that will change if a competent QB doesn’t emerge in 2020. That is priority #1 and he’s got a D in that category so far.

Biggest concern after this season is I feel like CJP is coaching "not to lose" quick triggers, juggling lineups, conservative play calls...he needs to coach to win....a sign of a struggling or scared coach is pulling players quickly and moving too many pieces

Of all of the concerns about CJP, this one has the least merit, IMO. I’ve seen nothing about his style that points this way.

Of all of the concerns about CJP, this one has the least merit, IMO. I’ve seen nothing about his style that points this way.

I agree. I feel he was trying to piece together wins down the stretch anyway possible. We were winning games in a fashion that we notoriously would lose.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Sure do. Id say there are 8 games on the schedule next year we are supposed to win.

We then have 4 games we most likely are projected to lose but should match up better in some and not better in others.
I believe he was referring to the part where you said everyone would be happy if we finished 8-4 and competitive in the losses. There are some here that wouldn't be happy even if we went 15-0.

I'm encouraged by the improvement the team made throughout the season. If we had consistent "good" QB play we are sitting at 10-3 with a different vibe after a bowl win. Pruitt has us in the right direction. I still think we a year and recruiting class way from competing with the big boys but I like how we building up the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Jesus

JG has been pretty bad but are you seriously blaming Ga State and BYU on him? That wins the ridiculous take of the year.
I was almost bought in on this staff but had a nagging feeling they were gonna treat Indiana like they did Ga State..i dont think they did as we dominated the first half on both sides of the ball. However, they apparently made better adjustments at half time as they kicked our ass in the 3rd and most of the 4th quarters.

This staff is and always will be responsible for those first 2 losses and the reason we arent 10-3. Please dont blame JG..he has enough of a load to carry already.

I'm still undecided. I was impressed by this season's turnaround but those first two games are still absolutely baffling to me! How does a good coach allow that to happen?? How?!?!? Pruitt and his staff did an admirable job of not losing the team and developing them.

However I will continue to say it. Recruiting has GOT to get better! We have got to consistently recruit inside the top 10 if we are to have any shot of competing with Alabama, Georgia, and Florida on a yearly basis! I dont care who we have to bribe, I dont care if we have to make a pact with a witch doctor, I dont care what we have to promise players! Whatever we have to do to get these damn blue chip players to sign with us, we have got to do it! Its SO damn frustrating seeing our 3 biggest rivals horde 5 star after 5 star and we can't even get our hat on the table in many cases!

Last edited:
As proof by the IU game. Shutting down the offense after a 2 td lead is weak ass football and will get you beat....is conservative football. Protecting a lead is one thing. Even LSU had a huge ass lead and didnt take thier foot off thr gas completely....

Jesus

JG has been pretty bad but are you seriously blaming Ga State and BYU on him? That wins the ridiculous take of the year.
I was almost bought in on this staff but had a nagging feeling they were gonna treat Indiana like they did Ga State..i dont think they did as we dominated the first half on both sides of the ball. However, they apparently made better adjustments at half time as they kicked our ass in the 3rd and most of the 4th quarters.

This staff is and always will be responsible for those first 2 losses and the reason we arent 10-3. Please dont blame JG..he has enough of a load to carry already.
Yes. Against GS st in thr 2nd half our offense had 4 drives 1 int. 2 FGs. And 1 punt. Before a stat padding final td drive....bottom he couldnt keep the offense moving foward to rest the defense....thats on the QB not making plays or moving the chains....i suppose its on the defense for being on the field almost 3/4 of the time in the 2nd half..
BYU 2nd half. 6 drives 1 int 3 punt 1 to on down and. Fg. Started Up 13 to 3. We couldnt move the ball..oh but thats the defenses fault too

Reactions: norriscraftbasser
I believe if CJP sticks with safe again he will be 7-5 again....we will lose to SC,Missouri or KY.....1 or 2 of those games....most liky SC and KY. As they have picked up their recruiting effort and are just a step behind in ranking

I believe if CJP sticks with safe again he will be 7-5 again....we will lose to SC,Missouri or KY.....1 or 2 of those games....most liky SC and KY. As they have picked up their recruiting effort and are just a step behind in ranking

What in the world makes u think those programs are going to get better than us over the offseason?

Honestly, up and down. I knew that changing to the 3-4 defense and getting away from mid major offense would take a lot of time. Replacing most of your players to get the size and skill necessary can't be done quickly. He's done a decent job so far, stumbles and triumphs along the way. Going forward now that he has the base established will determine what he can and will do. I think he has a high ceiling, I hope he can reach or exceed it.

First big test for Pruitt in a pivotal 3rd year is to see how quickly he runs Guarantano off. He better get rid of the kid or he’s find himself on the hot seat after year 3.

If JG doesn't leave, and performs as he has in the past, then 3rd year Tennessee will be a stumbling year under Pruitt. If he sticks with him throughout the year in that situation, then his fan support will diminish equally. If, JG improves, unlikely based upon his history, then everything will be fine. The season next year hinges, revolves, around JG. If he sucks, and the underclassmen don't take over. It's gonna be rough.

Biggest concern after this season is I feel like CJP is coaching "not to lose" quick triggers, juggling lineups, conservative play calls...he needs to coach to win....a sign of a struggling or scared coach is pulling players quickly and moving too many pieces
Onsides kick was playing not to lose?

Reactions: Rickyvol77

VN Store

Back