Prove me wrong:

So wait ... that means ... you think Stoops will get Kentucky over the hump then? Or you think Kentucky simply cannot get over the hump no matter who's in charge, so they should keep Stoops?

I'm not even challenging the claim, not am I seeking a coaching change at UT, I just don't understand the implied negative here. That doesn't seem like a very strong argument.

Our basketball program is vastly superior to Kentucky's football program, historically.

We are 38th all time in wins in a sport with three times as many Div 1 programs and Kentucky football is still lower ranked than our basketball team on the win scale. They are in the middle of the pack in all time football wins and we are in the top 15 percent in all time basketball wins. Our basketball ceiling is much higher than UK's football ceiling.

This is just a lie, plain and simple. We made the sweet sixteen with Buzz Petersen and Cuonzo Martin, and the elite eight with Bruce Pearl. Stop lying. There probably isn’t a basketball program in D1 that has made more trips to the sweet sixteen with less to show for it than us. If Bama football had more fans like you they never would have won anything. I wish all you people so desperate to cling to mediocrity would root for Vandy.

We didn't make the tournament with Buzz, but Jerry "roll out the ball" Green went to the sweet 16.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
This is just a lie, plain and simple. We made the sweet sixteen with Buzz Petersen and Cuonzo Martin, and the elite eight with Bruce Pearl. Stop lying. There probably isn’t a basketball program in D1 that has made more trips to the sweet sixteen with less to show for it than us. If Bama football had more fans like you they never would have won anything. I wish all you people so desperate to cling to mediocrity would root for Vandy.

First of all, Buzz Peterson never made the Sweet 16, nor did he make the NCAA tourney while he was at UT. It is not a good look to accuse someone else of spouting a lie and then post a lie yourself right after that.

Secondly, supporting Barnes doesn’t mean Vol fans are “clinging to mediocrity”. He has been to the NCAA tourney 5 straight years and never been seeded lower than a 5 seed in those 5 years. That is not mediocrity- far from it.

I absolutely want UT to do better in the NCAA tourney and have been gutted by every loss UT has had in the NCAA- under Barnes and the other UT coaches. UT is 1-8 in Sweet 16 games as Irecall. That said, I still firmly believe our chances of advancing farther are much better with a consistent top 20 coach like Barnes who makes the NCAA tourney consistently as opposed to blowing everything up and hoping you catch lightning in a bottle with a new coach.

I believe the greatest skill a head coach of a top 25 team can have is to figure out how to have his team peaking at tournament time. I remember UT games during this season where they could have literally beaten ANY team. Of course, during those games, they had a point guard that could feed the bigs better than what they had later in the season.

VN Store

Back