Prospect Camp

UT IE 95

Against the Grain
So I was at Lindsey Nelson Saturday while my kid was in the prospect camp this past Saturday. In the afternoon the football team starts practice across the street. Whistles, horns, yelling, etc. After about 30 mins, a couple of kids come over to the Lindsey and tell people outside and inside the stadium "Coach Pruitt sent us over here - he said it's a closed practice and no one can look". What an absolute tool to have some students come tell kids and parents that we can't look across the street. This new coach is certainly full of himself, respect is earned coach, and you have yet to win a game. They were in helmets only running vanilla drills. We weren't watching them in bowl preparations working on putting in a new scheme or anything.

I could understand if people were filming or standing up against the fence recording something. But we were all parents of perspective college athletes and he has some goons telling people to look away.

Other than that, it was a fine, sunny, hot day to hang out at the Lindsey. Field was in terrible shape, but it looks like they are trying to save it.

Reactions: RollerVol
So I was at Lindsey Nelson Saturday while my kid was in the prospect camp this past Saturday. In the afternoon the football team starts practice across the street. Whistles, horns, yelling, etc. After about 30 mins, a couple of kids come over to the Lindsey and tell people outside and inside the stadium "Coach Pruitt sent us over here - he said it's a closed practice and no one can look". What an absolute tool to have some students come tell kids and parents that we can't look across the street. This new coach is certainly full of himself, respect is earned coach, and you have yet to win a game. They were in helmets only running vanilla drills. We weren't watching them in bowl preparations working on putting in a new scheme or anything.

I could understand if people were filming or standing up against the fence recording something. But we were all parents of perspective college athletes and he has some goons telling people to look away.

Other than that, it was a fine, sunny, hot day to hang out at the Lindsey. Field was in terrible shape, but it looks like they are trying to save it.
Whoah Nelly! Why all the drama '95? Here's a new one for ya': The practice to which you're referring was closed to the public...for a most logical reason. My fellow Volnationals (above) have explained this well enough. I'm sure your kids are precious, as are all (well a lot) of 'em. They weren't being picked on or anything of the sort. They, and you, just felt you were being dissed because you're not being treated special. Get over it. Closed means closed. GBO!

Wait til the team rolls out onto the playing field, maybe Pruitt will have these guys whipped into a frenzy, like hungry sharks, be patient we will see soon what we have.

This grounds for automatic termination for Pruitt!!! Seriously oh even though it comes off as being a dick move it happens at most colleges. It should show the "prospects" how serious UT is about their sports.

Wait til the team rolls out onto the playing field, maybe Pruitt will have these guys whipped into a frenzy, like hungry sharks, be patient we will see soon what we have.
Welcome to the madhouse. LOL. Enjoy the Crazy Train.

Truth is, there's probably two kids dong this everyday just to get people to listen to them. Just messing with folks.

Reactions: Maxims4life
And aren't the black tarps still up around the fence at the practice facility? If so then people were intentionally trying to look through the fence. The way you make it sound they were just minding their business on the sidewalk outside of LNS and got scalded by some GAs.

I’m calling absolute BS! Over 10,000 posts with 160 likes? Long time troll.

Likes are relatively new. So an older poster who hasn't posted much lately could have those numbers.

I'm not taking up for OP. He seems like a most troublemaking peeping Tom of a bama spy.

He also doesn't get that Pruitt couldn't give a popcorn fart about the precious kid prospects in Lindsay nelson(or their self important brag-a-day travel ball parents). Pruitt already had his prospect camps, and OP and his kids wasn't invited to it, just like they werent invited to the closed practices.

All-in-all OP doesn't seem to have what it takes to be a true vol fan.

Likes are relatively new. So an older poster who hasn't posted much lately could have those numbers.

I'm not taking up for OP. He seems like a most troublemaking peeping Tom of a bama spy.

He also doesn't get that Pruitt couldn't give a popcorn fart about the precious kid prospects in Lindsay nelson(or their self important brag-a-day travel ball parents). Pruitt already had his prospect camps, and OP and his kids wasn't invited to it, just like they werent invited to the closed practices.

Likes are about 6 years old now, sooooooo

well, as long as you weren't submitted to a brainwashing machine, you'll be fine...:p

GO VOLS!

I was just pointing out that if Pruitt wants a closed practice, then put up barriers. I was in Knoxville for the weekend, walked out of Lindsey to see the commotion on the football practice field. After looking at the practice field from across the street I was reprimanded by some kids that claimed Pruitt sent them over to tell people not to watch their "closed" practice. Seemed then, and still seems now, a bit ridiculous especially for a new coach trying to regain some fan support.

As for the "likes". I know that's a big deal that kids use these days for self worth evaluation. I was a regular poster on this site many years ago when it was a really fun hangout for vol fans to share stories. I quit posting when it turned into an all-out mob attack flamer fest. Looking at the replies on this thread, not much has changed since I left.

Reactions: ksgovols

Yay!!!! Coach worshipping and true fan insults.

I agree if the football coach wants practices closed, he has the resources and funding to close them. Put up screens or whatever he needs to do if he doesn't want baseball camps or kids walking down the street watching his team practice. I'd have given those 2 student managers a Crash Davis reply....

I tend to agree with the OP...standing across the street for a minute, when there is obviously a camp going on at LNS...the coach's action seems a little over the top...I probably would have said, "Bite me, I'm paying a but load of money to the UTAD today and I'll watch whatever the hell I want."

I was at the prospect camp with my 9th grade son, and had no issues. I was on the first base side the entire time and we could see the majority of stuff that was going on over at the football complex.

Maybe Pruitt needs to build a bigger wall.

Go Vols

Reactions: vol66
I was at the prospect camp with my 9th grade son, and had no issues. I was on the first base side the entire time and we could see the majority of stuff that was going on over at the football complex.

Maybe Pruitt needs to build a bigger wall.

Go Vols

Or he could win over the fans and do it like professional football. If it's good enough for the Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys, Bears, Eagles, etc...

Saban didn't invent football and he sure didn't invent training camp.

GBO!!!

VN Store

Back