Propst

Some of the RUMORS floating around include

-Allegedly supplying alleged PEDs to alleged players
-Allegedly having phony prescriptions for alleged painkillers allegedly written for alleged players
-Alleged tax evasion for allegedly not filing substantial booster donations
So if the alleged players turn out not to be players, does he go free?

-Allegedly having phony prescriptions for alleged painkillers allegedly written for alleged players
So if the alleged players turn out not to be players, does he go free?
Allegedly.

Last edited:
So the word is that it's not just supplying painkillers and opiates to players. Or tax evasion, which apparently totals over $300k. But also your run-of-the-mill pissing contest between Propst and county and school administration. And then also a new extramarital affair....family #3, anyone?

Reactions: 4chrissy
So the word is that it's not just supplying painkillers and opiates to players. Or tax evasion, which apparently totals over $300k. But also your run-of-the-mill pissing contest between Propst and county and school administration. And then also a new extramarital affair....family #3, anyone?

Depending on who's on the school board down there, they could have played a part in all this coming up in a fairly compact span of time. In small towns like Moultrie, things tend to get swept under the rug until the one with the broom finds it expeditious to take the rug outside, expose whatever was under it, and beat the dust off of it for all to see. Then again, if one conducts themself in a manner that allows other to have dirt on them, that's their bad.

I'd be one to have to eat crow. I still think he's a great football mind at any level. I was indifferent if UT hired him, but thought it would be a good hire. He managed to keep his name out of the limelight for quite a while, so I thought he may have been serious about cleaning up his act after his cancer survival. Apparently he regressed. Old habits I guess.

Reactions: SmokinBob
A Southern High School Football Coach “Recruiting”...??!!

I’m shocked I tell you...SHOCKED!

Reactions: tbh

Most big time high school head coaches could be taken down for tax evasion. Those money filled hand shakes they get are never reported. I don’t blame them either. I wouldn’t report it

Mm.. If true I could care less honestly. I care more about the kids getting access to the best opportunity for their future success.

Reactions: CSVol
Probst sounds like a beer making family from up north.

"Nothing refreshes you after a long day at the factory like a cold bottle of Probst's !!!"

Reactions: OnlyGodForgives
Too much smoke for there not to be a fire in there somewhere. Some folks, it's best to just keep at a safe distance. This is one of them.

Go Vols.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Probst sounds like a beer making family from up north.

"Nothing refreshes you after a long day at the factory like a cold bottle of Probst's !!!"

Yup, it does. In Propst's case, wouls one family of his make the regular lager, and the other family make the lighter, low-cal brew in a different city?

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
There has been a lot of talk that he would end up at Tennessee in some capacity. A friend of mine that is involved in Georgia high school football said that this revolves around recruiting out of district "student" athletes.

Legendary high school football coach Rush Propst suspended for 'personnel issues'

Former Hoover football coach Rush Propst suspended in Georgia
Former Melsrose High coach Tim Thompson was notorious for this. Finally caught up to him omce Ridgeway hired him and he had kids from other schools practicing with his team during spring ball

Hey guys, All I’m saying is Pruitt & staff will be recruiting Colquitt County pretty heavily. It’s not smart trashing their coach here especially when you don’t know what the hell youre talking about.

Umm, if they prove what is alleged, losing his job is the least of his worries. Others will be ‘investigating’ him soon.

#2 is the biggie, if true, Feds getting involved
Not sure on #1, haven’t heard it
#3 is almost certain if they dig enough, depends how big a shovel they want to use. A “Christmas” bonus at both schools in Ga and Bama, he’s had a few prospects under him where he was influenced to send them to certain schools. Hoover is/was hotspot for recruits.

#2 is the biggie, if true, Feds getting involved
Not sure on #1, haven’t heard it
#3 is almost certain if they dig enough, depends how big a shovel they want to use. A “Christmas” bonus at both schools in Ga and Bama, he’s had a few prospects under him where he was influenced to send them to certain schools. Hoover is/was hotspot for recruits.

If you look for #3 you’d find it with almost any big time high school coach.

Reactions: secking
Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back