Props to Phil

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
Just wanted to start a thread saying Phil is the man when it comes to recruiting. Great job holding on to Troop and made a great hire in Luke. Very excited that for once he held onto the top talent in-state, hope a trend is starting there. I do think the program is bouncing back from the 05 debacle and we have a ways to go to climb back to SEC elite status, but Phil has made some great strides.
:hi:

ps. had no idea OS was banned, just thought that he was tired of attacking me at every turn. He was unwavering in his loyalty though. See, I couldnt post the above if he was here. I just couldnt give him that satisfaction.

When was OS banned? I kind of miss his unwavering banter. Well almost.

Fulmer and the staff have done an excellent job this year as always. I think one of the assets that we have at TN is the stability of our program and our coaching staff....this intimidates programs like bama who has constant turmoil and coaching changes. We had one bad year but we don't fall apart...our coaches and team get re-focused and continue to build on the team we have now. If we can minimize the negative press about players and coaches, we will very soon be considered at the top of the SEC and once again be in the national spotlight as one of the most successful programs in the country. We should not and do not feel threatened by any team. The SEC will be strong this year but we will be able to play with anyone! I can't wait!:eek:lol:

This is the best job Fulmer has ever done as a recruiter. He had a lot of obstacles after the 2005 season. Based on fulfilling needs, this is probably his best job ever.

Fulmer and the staff have done an excellent job this year as always. I think one of the assets that we have at TN is the stability of our program and our coaching staff....this intimidates programs like bama who has constant turmoil and coaching changes. We had one bad year but we don't fall apart...our coaches and team get re-focused and continue to build on the team we have now. If we can minimize the negative press about players and coaches, we will very soon be considered at the top of the SEC and once again be in the national spotlight as one of the most successful programs in the country. We should not and do not feel threatened by any team. The SEC will be strong this year but we will be able to play with anyone! I can't wait!:eek:lol:

I agree that one of the most attractive things about our program is that we are stable with the coaching. There is not a coaching change every 3 or 4 years and we're not caught up in NCAA sanctions. We do have off the field issues with players from time to time but we are able to handle those in house and The NCAA doesn't have to step in.

UT facilities are some of the best in college football. Knoxville is a beautiful area next to the smokey mtns. Majors recruited well at UT then he went back to Pittsburgh and couldn't recruit a waterboy. Don't underestimate the role faciilities and the area has in recruiting.

VN Store

Back