Proof the CFP is about the "best" teams not the "most deserving"

That is a straw man argument if I’ve ever heard one and has zero bearing on the discussion. If any of the CFP teams had gotten left out there is a 99% chance that there would be all kinds of opt outs.
Last year bama didn't have opt outs. It's about culture. You have a bunch of "me" players that opt out and that's because of bad culture and even recruiting. Opting out or transferring is a CHOICE so people need to quit making excuses for quitters. They obviously have zero respect for their teammates or school

Transitive wins don’t really work. UGA beat Auburn, Ole Miss, and UT by more than Bama did. But Bama still won head to head. Games are always predictive like that.
You missed my point. I’ve seen so many people saying that bama deserved to be in because they’ve looked so “impressively unbeatable“ recently and FSU had faltered coming down the home stretch because of the shaky QB situation. I’m saying you can’t have it both ways. If you’re gonna look at FSU’s recent performances and downgrade them based on the “eye test” because Jordan Travis is out, how in the hell can you not majorly downgrade bama for stinking it up against the Barn in the last game of the season… and literally needing defensive coaching malpractice from Auburn on the last play of the game to squeak out a win ?!

Does not compute…

Last year bama didn't have opt outs. It's about culture. You have a bunch of "me" players that opt out and that's because of bad culture and even recruiting. Opting out or transferring is a CHOICE so people need to quit making excuses for quitters. They obviously have zero respect for their teammates or school
I agree that opting out is a very lame and unfortunate trend.

But if you think that a whole slew of NFL-bound bama (or TX/Wash/MICH) players wouldn’t have opted out if they had been left out of the CFP, then I’ve got about 100 acres of oceanfront property in strawberry plains TN for sale if you’re interested…

Bottom line is that opting out is the norm. Every single big-time program suffers from it , and it’s completely unfair to imply that one school is more impacted by it than another. Like it or not, it’s now the norm for non-CFP schools.

Last edited:
That is all pure subjective opinion. FSU won every game on their schedule in a P5 conference and best 2 SEC teams to get there.

If bama and TX were both undefeated I would have no prob with FSU getting left out.

But again winning games clearly doesn’t matter.
You do realize the ACC had a winning record over the SEC this year.

Is FSU a P5 team?

Did they go undefeated?

Did they win their conference?

If the answer to those questions is yes, then they deserved a spot. Try to make an argument against that using anything but the Georgia game.
They weren’t a top 4 team. That should be the goal of the playoffs. Get the best 4 teams. Context matters. Injuries matter. You’ve been on this kick since FSU was not selected, and it’s tiresome. Their offense was absolute trash. Ask Michigan who they would’ve rather played.

Reactions: loservol
Fair enough but I still go back to the reality that BAMA and TX have no excuses. Cut the crap and win football games. You had ONE job. Like Al Davis, just win baby. It ain’t complicated.

FSU won all the games they played and deserved at least a chance to play for it all- even as the lowest CFP seed.

Like I said before , if there are 4 other undefeated P5 teams, I have ZERO problem with FSU being left out.

OR if they had slipped up and lost a game. I have ZERO problems with them getting snubbed and passed over by other teams from stronger conferences.

Winning doesn’t matter. If it did FSU would have a spot.
It’s not apples to apples. That’s why we’re discussing the schedule. That’s why I said the ACC, specifically Clemson and Louisville, as well as Florida didnt do FSU any favors. You saw the schedule I posted. There’s not an ACC team w/ less than 4 losses, other than FSU. Is it fair? No. Is the system flawed? Absolutely. Was FSU one of the best 4 teams at the end of the season? I truly think they weren’t even one of the best 12 teams at the end of the season.

Last edited:
You do realize the ACC had a winning record over the SEC this year.
2 vs USCjr (not bowling )
1 vs Vandy (It’s Vandy)
1 vs Texas A&M (fired coach)
1 vs LSU (good win)
1 vs UF (not bowling)
1 vs UK in the bowl game by the best program in the ACC.

Not like the ACC was beating the who’s who of SEC teams this season .

2 vs USCjr (not bowling )
1 vs Vandy (It’s Vandy)
1 vs Texas A&M (fired coach)
1 vs LSU (good win)
1 vs UF (not bowling)
1 vs UK in the bowl game by the best program in the ACC.

Not like the ACC was beating the who’s who of SEC teams this season .

What ooc win did the SEC have that was so great in the regular season.

We lost to FL (not bowling) and bear TAM (fired coach). Guess that means our season was 💩 too.

I think the biggest issue everyone has is if they weren’t going to put FSU into the CFP then why have them ranked 4th going into championship weekend? Why not have them 5th or 6th if you already know you are putting in other teams ahead of them? You can’t tell me a Texas win over a mediocre Oklahoma State in the Big 12 Championship was the big difference so go ahead and rank them accordingly. And for them to drop Georgia 1 to 6 after a 3 point loss to Alabama on a neutral field was pretty absurd. The committee brought all the controversy on themselves by having FSU ranked 4th going into the last weekend and also going against how they ranked the top teams all year. I know spots are limited and you can make a case for multiple teams but the committee mishandled everything about it. If you have FSU pegged where you think they should be going into the final weekend then there really isn’t much controversy.
This^^^. I have a feeling one or two members of the committee is/are actually in control of it.

Reactions: VolPack22
What ooc win did the SEC have that was so great in the regular season.

We lost to FL (not bowling) and bear TAM (fired coach). Guess that means our season was 💩 too.
I don’t think there were too many big time SEC OOC games this year. Maybe Mizzou over K State? According to some on here Kentucky beating Louisville at Louisville . Which is kind of funny because that means UK has a stronger ACC win than FSU.

I never said our season was great. We won 8 games. The Florida game is just mind blowing, but it usually is. The other 3 have a combined 4 losses between them. Other than FSU, every team in the ACC has at least 4 losses.

S
I knew it was true and called it before it happened. FSU was never going to be in the CFP

Georgia stomping FSU into a mud hole is proof they never belonged in the CFP. People saying "an undefeated P5 team MUST go is total BS in a world where there's only 2 'real' P5 football conferences.

The reality is the CFP should have taken both Bama and Georgia.

Like Ricky Bobby said if you're not in the SEC, your LAST.
Some of us believe you should actually have to EARN what you get. Apparently your parents failed to teach you that.

Stop with the liberty garbage. That is so weak sauce. P5 undefeated conference champ doesn’t deserve to be left out of the CFP period end of story.
Amazing how many people are too dumb to understand the difference between P5 and the rest.

Boy I hope you come back here if Iowa beats Tennessee. You just proved how low your IQ is. You're betting your good word on the terribly Vols lol. You've been huffing a little too much paint.

Michigan Bama Georgia and Texas or Washington. Those are the best teams in college football. Nothing will change my mind so all your words mean nothing to me because I already know I'm right. It's pointless to argue.
Insulting someones IQ? Yeah that's about the level of class I'd expect from trash in Franklin. Tell me, do you spank it to Sabans picture every night?

Yeah, Bama players are so full of class and integrity. LMFAO

While I agree that Alabama had more buy-in last year than FSU did this year, you also have to admit that the 2 situations aren't the same. Alabama last year lost 2 regular season games and had no CFP aspirations/chance after that second loss. FSU meanwhile did everything they had to to get in and didn't get in. That's way more of a deflating thing.

VN Store

Back