Pro Style Offense

KKruzVFL

I can't wait to see our new Pro Style Offense. I hope it's a mix of run and pass. With a fullback blocking. It just didn't seem right with us running that spread crap the last few years. Hopefully it will get us back to our old identity where we used to control the line of scrimmage and run on teams at will!

Reactions: 5 people
I can't wait to see our new Pro Style Offense. I hope it's a mix of run and pass. With a fullback blocking. It just didn't seem right with us running that spread crap the last few years. Hopefully it will get us back to our old identity where we used to control the line of scrimmage and run on teams at will!

As long as we go under center on first and goal I'll be happy.

Reactions: 15 people
I don't mind the Pro-Style offense. I just hope it doesn't handcuff our players like Mularkey's system did w/ the Titans.

Reactions: 2 people

I think Helton will emphasize H-Backs in lieu of fullback...pretty much same difference.

Reactions: 1 person
The spread offense wasn't our problem under Butch Jones, it was personnel problems - the immobile starting QB in the first two seasons, running it with a tall downhill back like Hurd from 2014-2016 (instead of either changing the offense to accommodate Hurd's strengths or simply starting Alvin Kamara), and the rhythm-killing substitution strategy with our wideouts. When we actually had a mobile QB playing with the same quick RBs and WRs every down in 2016, our offense set records.

Ironically enough, for a spread coach, Butch Jones was also irrationally conservative. Way too many punts and field goals on 4th-and-short. I hope Jeremy Pruitt paid attention to how the Eagles just won the Super Bowl and makes similarly aggressive coaching decisions, regardless of what his preferred offensive philosophy is.

Reactions: 9 people
The spread offense wasn't our problem under Butch Jones, it was personnel problems - the immobile starting QB in the first two seasons, running it with a tall downhill back like Hurd from 2014-2016 (instead of either changing the offense to accommodate Hurd's strengths or simply starting Alvin Kamara), and the rhythm-killing substitution strategy with our wideouts. When we actually had a mobile QB playing with the same quick RBs and WRs every down in 2016, our offense set records.

Ironically enough, for a spread coach, Butch Jones was also irrationally conservative. Way too many punts and field goals on 4th-and-short. I hope Jeremy Pruitt paid attention to how the Eagles just won the Super Bowl and makes similarly aggressive coaching decisions, regardless of what his preferred offensive philosophy is.

Solid post. We played way too tight in most games.

Reactions: 1 person
CBJs offenses set multiple school records during his tenure. Aside from 2017, offense had nothing to do with us losing games.

Reactions: 7 people
As long as we go under center on first and goal I'll be happy.

Pro offenses are multiple. In fact, a lot of pro offenses work heavy from the shotgun and one back set. The difference is pro teams don't have practice time restrictions and can install a variety of sets.

I think most people on here think of pro as a traditional I-formation with a fullback and QB under center.

The term pro style is ambiguous and has nothing specific with the QB lining up under center or in the shotgun.

Reactions: 3 people
lol i love the perception that a pro style offense means under center and I-formation with a fullback, etc. What do you think of when you hear pro style offense? What i stated? Because it can mean much more.

Manning was in the shotgun 70% of the time with multiple receiver sets and one RB in the backfield. Brady utilizes 3-4 receiver sets along with one TE and one RB in the back field as well. Look at the Saints with Brees and Sean Payton. Do they look like a team running a traditional "Pro Style Offense?" Define Pro Style offense. You can't. Now what should be said is that we won't be running the consistent crap of an RPO offense that Butch ran. That's the difference.

If you're expecting an old school smash mouth style of offense from the 80's and 90's you will be disappointed.

Reactions: 4 people
CBJs offenses set multiple school records during his tenure. Aside from 2017, offense had nothing to do with us losing games.

Maybe not, but his decisions in Oklahoma game in Neyland, the tx. A&m game and a couple of the fla. games were a part of his downfall.

Reactions: 2 people

Josh Dobbs set multiple school records by turning slow developing plays, collapsing pockets, and orange zone disasters into positive plays. What were touchdowns last year became epic orange zone failures upon his graduation. It looked Ohio Valley without super-elite playmakers like Dobbs and Kamara.

The Butchfense sucked.

Reactions: 6 people
Josh Dobbs set multiple school records by turning slow developing plays, collapsing pockets, and orange zone disasters into positive plays. What were touchdowns last year became epic orange zone failures upon his graduation. It looked Ohio Valley without super-elite playmakers like Dobbs and Kamara.

The Butchfense sucked.

And Dobbs doesn’t do all that if Butch Jones doesn’t bring him here. :good!:

VN Store

Back