Pro Football Focus: Josh Dobbs and Cam Sutton enhance their stock at the Senior Bowl

Dobbs 4 Heisman

According to Pro Football Focus, Josh was among the highest graded players on the south team during the Senior Bowl game. And Cam was among the top 10 prospects that helped their stock during the week of practices. All in all a very successful week for our guys.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/senior-bowl-grades-davis-webb-leads-south-to-victory/

Top offensive grades:

C John Toth, 81.8
WR Fred Ross, 74.3
QB Davis Webb, 73.9
HB Jamaal Williams, 71.6
QB Joshua Dobbs, 71.5

Dobbs also made an impact in his cameo, connecting on 12 of 15 attempts for 104 yards. His interception was unfortunate. The ball lofted harmlessly into the defender’s arms after he was faced with little chance from a total offensive line breakdown. Otherwise, Dobbs enhanced his stock.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/dr...aft-who-helped-themselves-at-the-senior-bowl/

10. Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee

Injuries derailed a strong start to the season for Sutton in 2016, but he had a fine showing while lining up at multiple positions throughout the week of practice. Coming into the season, Sutton had a lot to prove after he was excellent in 2014, but not nearly as sharp in 2015, and he was moving in the right direction before getting banged up early in the year. The week of practice showed his skills, as his change-of-direction was evident on the “best rep of the week” per PFF analyst Bobby Slowik (Sutton stayed on top of a slant-and-go with excellent body control), and the coaching staff had him taking reps outside at cornerback, in the slot, and even at safety. Sutton finished with one of the better coverage grades in the game, capping a strong week that put him back on the radar in a deep cornerback class.

Reactions: 12 people
Best of luck to both of them.

Hope they ball out and make some more scouts take notice at the Combine.

I'm betting Dobbs goes top 5 first round and makes it to the HOF by mid season and leads the Browns to two Superbowl wins by 2018..

Reactions: 3 people
I hope Cam gets picked up by my colts in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Dobbs will likely be a 4-5th rounder and hope he goes to a team thats not overloaded with QBs so he will have a couple years to fine tune his throwing without being bounced around. If he can stay with a team for a couple years with a QB coach and teammates that can help him I think he could turn into a serviceable NFL QB.

I was honestly a little concerned about sutton with coming off that injury and not looking like he was full strength in the Kentucky game.... But I am glad he is back and healthy for when he REALLY NEEDS TO BE HEALTHY... so he can go get what he earned... Dobbs has surprised me a little bit but not a lot anyone that has been watching him the past couple weeks shouldn't be... He is a very smart player and his touch keeps improving... He does seen a little stuff at times but he has grown a lot in the past year as a passer... If he gets in the right system and can train behind a quarterback that knows what he is doing he will be in good shape... I would want to see him in a shannahan offense which will probably be in San Fran.... I would say there is no one more interested in Dobbs then Hue Jackson... So that will be interesting....sorry for the grammar issues in advance.

According to Pro Football Focus, Josh was among the highest graded players on the south team during the Senior Bowl game. And Cam was among the top 10 prospects that helped their stock during the week of practices. All in all a very successful week for our guys.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/senior-bowl-grades-davis-webb-leads-south-to-victory/

https://www.profootballfocus.com/dr...aft-who-helped-themselves-at-the-senior-bowl/

So because PFF agrees with you, they are now somehow good and accurate right? You have dogged PFF, now its all good. Jesus dude, you need to stop already.

Reactions: 2 people
It is always amazing to me how there are so many variances in grading a player, similar to how recruiting services rank recruits. I found this on Yahoo Sports about players who did not help themselves at the Senior Bowl and it mentioned Cam Sutton:

"Tennessee CB Cam Sutton — It’s less that Sutton had a poor week — and perhaps this applies to Iowa’s Desmond King, too — and more than he might not be a starting NFL corner. King has rare ball skills and instincts and will find a home somewhere, most likely as a safety. But Sutton didn’t flip his hips quickly enough and perhaps also is best at safety, too. It’s a very deep group of defensive backs in the 2017 NFL draft, so Sutton could get lost in the shuffle a bit after an ankle injury cost him a big chunk of his final season."

Reading conflicting reports on Cam. Some see his hips as a weakness. Projecting him to drop. Future will be as a safety if he makes a roster.

It is always amazing to me how there are so many variances in grading a player, similar to how recruiting services rank recruits. I found this on Yahoo Sports about players who did not help themselves at the Senior Bowl and it mentioned Cam Sutton:

"Tennessee CB Cam Sutton — It’s less that Sutton had a poor week — and perhaps this applies to Iowa’s Desmond King, too — and more than he might not be a starting NFL corner. King has rare ball skills and instincts and will find a home somewhere, most likely as a safety. But Sutton didn’t flip his hips quickly enough and perhaps also is best at safety, too. It’s a very deep group of defensive backs in the 2017 NFL draft, so Sutton could get lost in the shuffle a bit after an ankle injury cost him a big chunk of his final season."

Smart teams rely on tape and less on drills.. the tape does not lie.. Sutton is a baller

I'm betting Dobbs goes top 5 first round and makes it to the HOF by mid season and leads the Browns to two Superbowl wins by 2018..

Dobbs will be drafted in the 2nd round (51st overall) by the Browns.

He will start 16 games as a rookie.

He will lead the Browns to the playoffs in 2018 while also making the pro bowl.

Reactions: 2 people
So because PFF agrees with you, they are now somehow good and accurate right? You have dogged PFF, now its all good. Jesus dude, you need to stop already.

Why not? I think my opinions are correct. If I didn't, I wouldn't say them. So obviously when someone agrees with me I'll give them props.

Kudos to PFF for being right finally.

Blue Font? On the playoff statement

Browns have a ton of picks in this year's draft and in next year's draft. If they can make the right selections, they can turn it around quickly. The talent coming into the NFL the next 2 years is AMAZING.

A couple of teams that draft right could see their fortunes change rather quickly.

Browns have a ton of picks in this year's draft and in next year's draft. If they can make the right selections, they can turn it around quickly. The talent coming into the NFL the next 2 years is AMAZING.

A couple of teams that draft right could see their fortunes change rather quickly.

Imagine if the Browns take Myles Garrett, Leonard Fournette and Josh Dobbs at 1, 12, and 51. Not a bad nucleus.

Reactions: 1 person
Imagine if the Browns take Myles Garrett, Leonard Fournette and Josh Dobbs at 1, 12, and 51. Not a bad nucleus.

True. As long as they don't mess this up, the Browns have a golden opportunity this year with all these draft picks. There are so many good players coming out they almost have to try to miss.

True. As long as they don't mess this up, the Browns have a golden opportunity this year with all these draft picks. There are so many good players coming out they almost have to try to miss.

I think at best Dobbs gets taken by the Browns in the 3rd round, I think most teams see Dobbs as a 4-6th rounder and Hue Jackson can get him for the best value in the 3rd round without risking another team picking him up.

I think at best Dobbs gets taken by the Browns in the 3rd round, I think most teams see Dobbs as a 4-6th rounder and Hue Jackson can get him for the best value in the 3rd round without risking another team picking him up.

Good College Career
Good Senior Bowl

And the NFL combine is next.
If He runs sub 4.6 and continues to throw well then He's getting called sooner than most think.

Reactions: 1 person

The same Pro Football Focus that you have consistently criticized and denigrated when others have used it as a source to argue against one of your wildly inaccurate and hyperbolic statements?

I'm personally happy to see this from PFF because I'm big fans of Josh and Cam and I hope this does indeed mean some team will add this positive data to scouting reports and look more favorably at a couple of VFLs.

But for you to be one touting what PFF has to say about anything given your past invective regarding that website is beyond laughable, though pretty much par for the course for you.....whatever fits your narrative, no matter how hypocritical, you'll go with.

Reactions: 3 people

You need to realize that the same people that have been messing up UT over the last ten years or so are the same people that own the Browns. Success isn't in the Brown's future.

VN Store

Back