Price interview with Heupel this morning

I love this man. It's just refreshing to have a coach now that just seems real and is no bs. Doesn't have stupid slogans or sound like a complete idiot when he opens his mouth. A coach that actually develops players. I'm not going to lie I was hesitant to buy in last year. After the last 3 coaches we've had I've been hurt too many times. I fully believe that Huepel can win big here.

TLDR; "I'm ready to get hurt again - Michael Scott" - Stoked

I love this man. It's just refreshing to have a coach now that just seems real and is no bs. Doesn't have stupid slogans or sound like a complete idiot when he opens his mouth. A coach that actually develops players. I'm not going to lie I was hesitant to buy in last year. After the last 3 coaches we've had I've been hurt too many times. I fully believe that Huepel can win big here.

TLDR; "I'm ready to get hurt again - Michael Scott" - Stoked
I had to talk myself into liking the previous coaches. Make excuses for the inarticulate, the name dropping, the britches and all of their bull$hit.That’s not an issue w/ Heupel. He’s genuine, he’s smart, he works hard and he has a vision for our program. It may work, it may not, but he’s been the unexpected perfect fit given the circumstances that the other idiots left behind.

Really? I’ve never seen a bad Josh Heupel interview. All the ones I’ve seen have been pretty good.
I must have missed a bad one.
204197-dd6fe5a9401e57b3388d1064b6ac1ade.jpg

I had to talk myself into liking the previous coaches. Make excuses for the inarticulate, the name dropping, the britches and all of their bull$hit.That’s not an issue w/ Heupel. He’s genuine, he’s smart, he works hard and he has a vision for our program. It may work, it may not, but he’s been the unexpected perfect fit given the circumstances that the other idiots left behind.
Exactly! At the end of the day it's about the wins and losses, but it's much easier to give a coach leeway the first few years if they are real and aren't a prick/fake like Butch and a complete dumbass like Pruitt. It was just weird that Pruitt was a "defensive coach" but his defenses were bad.

I equate it to my Chicago Bears. Matt Nagy was supposedly an "offensive coach" but his offense was always the worst in the league. He was gimmicky and had slogans like Butch and our fans grew tired of him fast.

Exactly! At the end of the day it's about the wins and losses, but it's much easier to give a coach leeway the first few years if they are real and aren't a prick/fake like Butch and a complete dumbass like Pruitt. It was just weird that Pruitt was a "defensive coach" but his defenses were bad.

I equate it to my Chicago Bears. Matt Nagy was supposedly an "offensive coach" but his offense was always the worst in the league. He was gimmicky and had slogans like Butch and our fans grew tired of him fast.

I think just being likable buys you an extra year at UT. It's been a while since we've had a coach you could stand to listen to.

I think just being likable buys you an extra year at UT. It's been a while since we've had a coach you could stand to listen to.
I loved Dooley's wit, but he could turn negative really quick.

Heupel does a great job at keeping positive in how he delivers opinions about his coaches and players.

Just think how different it must be for a recruit and their family to have a guy like CJH representing UT verses the past few guys. I sure hope folks have learned from the past and are patient enough to allow CJH ample time to build the program.
He been pretty good in his interviews. I’ll give him that.

VN Store

Back