Preston Mattingly

bleedingorange

I seen where he got picked 31st in the draft. Is he not supposed to be a Vol next year or will he pass up on college and go ahead and go pro. Anybody know?

If you're drafted in the first 5 rounds of the MLB draft, it more than likely means you will not go to college. Seeing he was drafted in the 1st round, I'm about 90% sure he'll go to the big leauges :(

What about the guy that left a Perdue football scholly and went to Walters State (who Ithink just won the JC World Series). Isn't he UT bound? Tiller wouldn't release him to come straight to the Vols. Afraid he was gonna play football! Thats pretty lame, I think.

(crimedawg12 @ Jun 6 said:
What about the guy that left a Perdue football scholly and went to Walters State (who Ithink just won the JC World Series). Isn't he UT bound? Tiller wouldn't release him to come straight to the Vols. Afraid he was gonna play football! Thats pretty lame, I think.

JP Paxson I believe.....He was going to play football and baseball up there and Tiller wanted him to gain an ungodly amount of pounds and be an Defensive Lineman and he didn't think if he gained the weight he couldn't play baseball so he went to Morristown. And yes, they just won the JUCO national championship,

(sickemsmokey10 @ Jun 6 said:
JP Paxson I believe.....He was going to play football and baseball up there and Tiller wanted him to gain an ungodly amount of pounds and be an Defensive Lineman and he didn't think if he gained the weight he couldn't play baseball so he went to Morristown. And yes, they just won the JUCO national championship,

3 players drafted so far off of walters st. - steven shults 20+ hrs
paxson,catcher and tillman? rh pitcher
all 3 by atlanta braves
2 more - chad maddux (cf) and michael wheeler(inf) should go tomorrow.
chad is looking at ut for next yr 23 -24 homeruns this yr. great kid.

I heard on sportstalk a few weeks ago that he was wanting to experience college life and Tennessee was recruiting him hard and heavy.

He said yesterday that he expects to sign and won't be going to college. The guys on Sportstalk can say what they want. I'll believe what I hear from the man himself.

I read in the Chattanooga paper today where Delmonico thought he would lose Mattingly but would keep the other three he had signed but was afraid he would lose.

(gout11 @ Jun 6 said:
all 3 by atlanta braves

I saw many of there games this year. Shults is a beast. Not only is he awesome at the plate, he also got the best defensive award in the JUCO world series. Jack Tilghman is probably the best pitcher I've seen come through here. 2 complete games in the JUCO world series with a 1.00 ERA and MVP award. I know Micheal Wheeler was Mr. Football and Mr. Baseball in the state of Tennessee his senior year in high school. Honestly, this team was loaded with some awesome talent and I think WSCC's overall record was something like 61-8 :eek:

I've had many classes with these guys and not only are they awesome on the field, they're great guys too. But I would think that Tilghman is probably the best prospect out of the guys. But they all could see some time in the MLB level. Shults plays 3rd base maybe he would take over for Chipper when he retires and Thilgman could take Smoltz's place when he retires :dunno:

Micheal Wheeler was taken by the Royals with the 827 pick I don't believe that Chad Maddox was drafted

Just found out that Lance McClain (LHP) was drafted by the Rangers and Justin Pickett (OF) was drafted by the Padres. Both from Walter's State

(sickemsmokey10 @ Jun 8 said:
I saw many of there games this year. Shults is a beast. Not only is he awesome at the plate, he also got the best defensive award in the JUCO world series. Jack Tilghman is probably the best pitcher I've seen come through here. 2 complete games in the JUCO world series with a 1.00 ERA and MVP award. I know Micheal Wheeler was Mr. Football and Mr. Baseball in the state of Tennessee his senior year in high school. Honestly, this team was loaded with some awesome talent and I think WSCC's overall record was something like 61-8 :eek:

I've had many classes with these guys and not only are they awesome on the field, they're great guys too. But I would think that Tilghman is probably the best prospect out of the guys. But they all could see some time in the MLB level. Shults plays 3rd base maybe he would take over for Chipper when he retires and Thilgman could take Smoltz's place when he retires :dunno:

next yr watch out for adam stooksberry at walters - 3b 6ft 185
can really hit a baseball.

(gout11 @ Jun 6 said:
all 3 by atlanta braves

J.B. Paxson signed with Murray State several weeks ago. He's a catcher with only 3 years of eligibility left and would have been behind JPA at UT. Too bad Delmonico coudn't convince him to play 1B or DH for a couple of years. Also, it's possible that next year could be the last year for JPA at UT. He'll likely go high in the draft in 2007.

(sickemsmokey10 @ Jun 8 said:
Micheal Wheeler was taken by the Royals with the 827 pick I don't believe that Chad Maddox was drafted

Chad Maddox is now a Vol. Great pick up.
Josh Liles now a vol - another Great pick up. These two young men can
play. althought Josh might sign mlb.
UT should have tried to pick up - bobby bratton out of columbia/motlow,
arm trouble?/surgery?

(gout11 @ Jun 24 said:
Chad Maddox is now a Vol. Great pick up.
Josh Liles now a vol - another Great pick up. These two young men can
play. althought Josh might sign mlb.
UT should have tried to pick up - bobby bratton out of columbia/motlow,
arm trouble?/surgery?
Anything you can tell us about these guys?

(vol_freak @ Jun 27 said:
Anything you can tell us about these guys?

Chad Maddox 5'11" 185 OF - 5 Tool player - should start does everything

Josh Liles - 6'3"? 180? -saw him play twice - the debate is where will he play?
catcher in high school/travel - may move to a OF/DH
I think he can catch - tall with good arm.
good hitter with pop

other kids in the area UT should/could be all over:

Johnson Colley _ 6' 180 high school rising senior - fast , smart, gets dirty
pete rose attitude- makes contact should develop some pop

Drew Earl - rising freshman community college -lefty - 6'1" - 195 - lefty with good power - good arm and glove

Steven Shults -6'2" 200 righty- inf - 3rd base - good arm-good glove- great
great bat - walters state c.c.- the secret is out 15th
pick in mlb. advice to ut coaches - go get this kid.

I also saw jp and frazier play in summer ball -
I would rank them #1 - JP
#2 -Shults
#2b- chad maddox
#3 - earl
#4- liles
#5 - colley
#6 - frazier - and he started last yr for ut in left.

thats how good chad and liles are in my opinion. UT has picked up two good
players. should/could be all over other 3?????

VN Store

Back