President Joe Biden - Kamala Harris Administration

Would he have left all those arms behind? I think not.

What does that have to do with the guy moving there?

You are reaching.

But that's a ok. That's the line Fox took right out of the gate so I guess you are stuck having to defend that nonsensical narrative.

Would he have left all those arms behind? I think not.
Anybody that is playing the but but but game on how Biden (who DIRECTLY made the calls on pulling out) handled this is a fool. It was indefensible from every aspect- left behind arms, left behind AMERICANS, left behind American Afghani support, and then all while leaving those people behind they failed to screen and have directly IMPORTED multiple hundreds of literal terrorists on DoD watchlists. Every bit of it was and still is so bad that I wonder if this was all done on purpose.

How did the manner of the withdrawal make a difference? It didn't.

Leaving did. But Trump was going to do that too.
Good point. The manner of withdrawal didn’t make a difference in the terrorist killing.
Just stating it was a less than ideal execution of a plan.

My point stands. I am record as saying you have to give him credit when there is good economic news during his administration. Yet...you can't.
Asking me to point to a specific policy impacting the current economic situation is the deflection here.
Heres the issue....the criticism that had been given to to Biden had been specific..his attacks on oil, begging opec, stopping drilling and pipelines..selling oil to China when we need it....those are policies he placed.....so when people ask what policies he did to help the" good news" out, they are warrented because the criticism was specific....your victory lap is just sad because you know full well he has implemented nothing to help the economy or jobs..

Heres the issue....the criticism that had been given to to Biden had been specific..his attacks on oil, begging opec, stopping drilling and pipelines..selling oil to China when we need it....those are policies he placed.....so when people ask what policies he did to help the" good news" out, they are warrented because the criticism was specific....your victory lap is just sad because you know full well he has implemented nothing to help the economy or jobs..
We can stop with the strategic oil reserve being sold to china like it's a scandal. The oil is sold from the reserve to the highest bidder. Every single time.

We can stop with the strategic oil reserve being sold to china like it's a scandal. The oil is sold from the reserve to the highest bidder. Every single time.
I know trump did in 2017..I missed where Don Jr was on the board as profited from the sale..also we weren't seeing record high had prices at the time..so yes it happens but there are different circumstances

I know trump did in 2017..I missed where Don Jr was on the board as profited from the sale..also we weren't seeing record high had prices at the time..so yes it happens but there are different circumstances
You don't understand how the process works. Every single time we sell oil from our reserve it is sold to the highest bidder. So this Texas based Chinese company offered the most for the oil. The oil isn't designed to be sold at a discount. The process is to rescue the price at the pump simply by increasing the supply on the market. I am against doing it now and was under trump. There is no scandal here. Biden would have to prevent every other company on earth from out bidding the Chinese one. See below.

When an administration orders the release of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, “the Department of Energy puts out a notice of sale that alerts companies that oil will be made available for purchase,” said Hugh Daigle, a professor in the University of Texas-Austin Department of Petroleum and Geosystems Engineering. “Companies then bid competitively on the oil, and the winning bidders receive the oil and the bid price.” The winning company works out with the Energy Department when and how it will take possession of the oil.
Sometimes the winning bidders may be U.S. refiners, Daigle said, in which case the oil quickly boosts U.S. gasoline supplies. But in other cases, he said, foreign companies win the bid. This increases the supply of global crude oil and, eventually, helps lower prices in the United States.

Reactions: hog88 and McDad
Well in his first week in office he did manage to go to war with the fossil fuel industry and jack up our gas prices. That clean energy bill will lead to a lot more strip mining across the planet and locally poisoned water supplies. All that cobalt for those batteries comes from places like the Congo, where 10 and 12 year old black kids will be slaving away to provide some of the materials for those precious batteries. Sounds really clean and ethical to me!
They don’t care about the child labors, only that it moves the agenda. And stops flooding and frying grass because a it too hot.

Reactions: norrislakevol
You don't understand how the process works. Every single time we sell oil from our reserve it is sold to the highest bidder. So this Texas based Chinese company offered the most for the oil. The oil isn't designed to be sold at a discount. The process is to rescue the price at the pump simply by increasing the supply on the market. I am against doing it now and was under trump. There is no scandal here. Biden would have to prevent every other company on earth from out bidding the Chinese one. See below.

When an administration orders the release of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, “the Department of Energy puts out a notice of sale that alerts companies that oil will be made available for purchase,” said Hugh Daigle, a professor in the University of Texas-Austin Department of Petroleum and Geosystems Engineering. “Companies then bid competitively on the oil, and the winning bidders receive the oil and the bid price.” The winning company works out with the Energy Department when and how it will take possession of the oil.
Sometimes the winning bidders may be U.S. refiners, Daigle said, in which case the oil quickly boosts U.S. gasoline supplies. But in other cases, he said, foreign companies win the bid. This increases the supply of global crude oil and, eventually, helps lower prices in the United States.
The scandal isn't the sale...its Hunters role that's a bad look...

Reactions: Majors
The scandal isn't the sale...its Hunters role that's a bad look...
A.) Only rumors he is still part of that company
B.) The only determining factor was what company would pay the most. Obama could have been CEO and Hitler CFO and it's still getting sold to them.
C.) By giving this non story legs you water down the actual crimes.

Reactions: McDad
Well in his first week in office he did manage to go to war with the fossil fuel industry and jack up our gas prices. That clean energy bill will lead to a lot more strip mining across the planet and locally poisoned water supplies. All that cobalt for those batteries comes from places like the Congo, where 10 and 12 year old black kids will be slaving away to provide some of the materials for those precious batteries. Sounds really clean and ethical to me!

The dims love their slaves.

Good point. The manner of withdrawal didn’t make a difference in the terrorist killing.
Just stating it was a less than ideal execution of a plan.

We wouldn’t have had to come up with a withdrawal plan if we weren’t there in the first place.

The question should be why was it sold in the first place.? Everyone knew who tbe highest bidder was going to be beforehand

What does that have to do with the guy moving there?

You are reaching.

But that's a ok. That's the line Fox took right out of the gate so I guess you are stuck having to defend that nonsensical narrative.
Nobody has said it was a successful withdrawal doober.

Reactions: rekinhavoc
The question should be why was it sold in the first place.? Everyone knew who tbe highest bidder was going to be beforehand
Oh everyone knew these companies would win contracts from the reserve under Biden? You are FOS. I am confident you had no clue it was this many.

• Atlantic Trading & Marketing, Inc. (0.700 million barrels)
  • BP Products North America (0.700 million barrels)
  • Chevron USA (1.15 million barrels)
  • Equinor Marketing & Trading (3.65 million barrels)
  • ExxonMobil Oil Corporation (3.75 million barrels)
  • Glencore (0.575 million barrels)
  • Macquarie Commodities Trading US LLC (1.33 million barrels)
  • Marathon Petroleum Supply and Trading LLC (5.93 million barrels)
  • Motiva Enterprises LLC (4.20 million barrels)
  • Phillips 66 Company (2.15 million barrels)
  • Shell Trading (US) Company (2.46 million barrels)
  • Unipec America, Inc. (0.950 million barrels)
  • Valero Marketing and Supply Company (10.35 million barrels)
  • Vitol Inc. (1 million barrels

The things you're crediting Biden for are also out of his control, so why does "control" matter. You've already laid down an absolute. Seems a little late to try and roll it back.
You make a good point, but my initial argument was, right or wrong, that presidents are blamed when the economy is bad during their term(s) and, therefore, they should also be credited when there is good economic news.

As we know, most of the time there aren't specific policies of an administration that have an immediate impact on the economic environment. In fact, I'd argue that in many cases the true impact of an administration's economic policy may not be realized until well after they're out of office.

If an administration makes a choice to engage or disengage in a war in Europe, then they obviously should be criticized/credited. I took the the point in this case though as a president being blamed for any war in Europe, whether we are engaged or not.

VN Store

Back