President Joe Biden - Kamala Harris Administration

lol
Back to the starting point.

Most nuts on here think Biden is guilty of inappropriate behavior.

Why don't they take her at her word as written?

I never see them qualify their statement with the word "probably". They totally INTERPRET guilt.

At least try to be consistent.

Luther, if it wasn't for the numerous examples of Biden's (not probably) inappropriate contact and touching children I would somewhat agree with you. BUT since there are hundreds if not thousands of video examples of Biden acting inappropriate with children Ashley's "probably" means it was.

What she wrote is that he showered with her at a young age and that it probably was not appropriate. Whether that contributed to her issues, I don't know but he DID shower with her and I agree with her that it was inappropriate. As a father of a daughter, I'd never do that at any age
lol.....You just left out the word "probably".

So you have the intellectual freedom to conclude that her saying probably inappropriate means definitely inappropriate.

But I do not have the same freedom to conclude that her saying probably inappropriate means probably no inappropriate.

..........don't think so

To be honest, we don't know what age so you can't definitively say that it's not true
I mean one thing we can definitely say is that if it did happen at 2 or 3 she wouldn't have been writing about it.

both from a remembering standpoint, and an ability to write.

has anyone actually seen the text to know what context she puts on the showering? Even without an age ascribed to the specific diary or age of the event, there is a good bit that could be inferred. Was it the shower a one time thing? was the shower a reoccurring thing? Did she write about the shower(s) once, or multiple times? did she use the present tense to talk about the shower, or the past tense? Was the use of past tense common throughout her diary, or was it only for the showers? How was the entry about the shower phrased, did she write about anything else that day? was there any emotional contextual language that was used, either about the showers themselves or that day?

Luther, if it wasn't for the numerous examples of Biden's (not probably) inappropriate contact and touching children I would somewhat agree with you. BUT since there are hundreds if not thousands of video examples of Biden acting inappropriate with children Ashley's "probably" means it was.
That's the kind of logic which would lead one to believe that Trump is guilty of everything he is accused of.

So I guess I see your point.

So you have the intellectual freedom to conclude that her saying probably inappropriate means definitely inappropriate.

But I do not have the same freedom to conclude that her saying probably inappropriate means probably no inappropriate.

..........don't think so
I am just curious about how you are coming to the conclusion that "probably" more likely means the "not" than the "did" to the point of arguing it?

if you are simply saying we can't know one way or the other, that is completely different than arguing it was the counter application to its typical usage as you are doing here.

I am just curious about how you are coming to the conclusion that "probably" more likely means the "not" than the "did" to the point of arguing it?

if you are simply saying we can't know one way or the other, that is completely different than arguing it was the counter application to its typical usage as you are doing here.
I can't personally think of any time I have ever heard the use of the word "probably" when, at least in their mind at the time, it wasn't synonymous with "more likely than not". Clearly there is a degree of uncertainty or there wouldn't be a qualifier but "probably" clearly pushes a different meaning than, say, "might have" or "could have".

I'm doing what I frequently do which is take the opposite side of the argument (often the extreme) to show the flaws in the other side.
I have seen numerous instances in the PF were people are using the diary to say Biden is guilty of inappropriate behavior.
That's simply wrong.....nothing more than their biased interpretation of her words.
Two can play that game.

I'm doing what I frequently do which is take the opposite side of the argument (often the extreme) to show the flaws in the other side which is defend my party no matter what.
I have seen numerous instances in the PF were people are using the diary to say Biden is guilty of inappropriate behavior.
That's simply wrong.....nothing more than their biased interpretation of her words.
Two can play that game.

FIFY

Reactions: GroverCleveland
I mean one thing we can definitely say is that if it did happen at 2 or 3 she wouldn't have been writing about it.

both from a remembering standpoint, and an ability to write.

has anyone actually seen the text to know what context she puts on the showering? Even without an age ascribed to the specific diary or age of the event, there is a good bit that could be inferred. Was it the shower a one time thing? was the shower a reoccurring thing? Did she write about the shower(s) once, or multiple times? did she use the present tense to talk about the shower, or the past tense? Was the use of past tense common throughout her diary, or was it only for the showers? How was the entry about the shower phrased, did she write about anything else that day? was there any emotional contextual language that was used, either about the showers themselves or that day?
Screenshot_20240514-115509.png
Here's the writing in question..I'll find the nationfile link to the entire diary of you need it

Reactions: LouderVol
What behavior?
Showering with your two year old daughter?
Probably - under most circumstances.
What person has recollection from 2 of age showering with their dad, even if something traumatic happen it's unlikely to be remembered...she is remembering an applying what she knows now is appropriate for and adult and a child to do together and showering is Probably not appropriate, although as McDad pointed out there are exceptions..

Try this...say everyday in front of your son who let's say 9...you smack your wife's butt..your child follows suit..as an adult he realizes that was proby appropriate, but is unsure because it was a common practice in the household...a child wont recognize it as appropriate or not, it jist what it is and adult mind would realize it wasn't appropriate no matter how common..

..........don't think so
"Probably" means more likely than not. If you add the word "not" you are completely changing the meaning of the sentence. If you don't understand the difference then ...

With that said, I'll make you a deal. I'll use her exact words. Will you do the same? How 'bout that for a deal?

I agree with Ashley that her father showering with her was "probably not appropriate".

What behavior?
Showering with your two year old daughter?
Probably - under most circumstances.
Ashley said it was "probably inappropriate". Do you think she'd say that if she were merely 2 at the time?

I thought we established that we don't know what age this happened. With that in mind, you ought to drop the 2 yr old bit. What we do know is that she thought it was probably not appropriate and she included it in a list of bad things in her past that might have contributed to her issues as an adult

VN Store

Back