Presenting?

CincyLadyVol

Anyone know who will be presenting Tamika at her HOF ceremony today? I bet if Pat was still with us, she would be the one.

Tragically, both people I always thought could be the ones to eventually present Tamika — Pat and Kobe — are gone too soon.

"On Saturday evening, Catchings’ official presenters into the hall will be Alonzo Mourning, who was inducted in 2014, and Dawn Staley, who was inducted in 2013. The presenters must be Hall of Fame inductees and if Summitt were alive, she would have been selected by Catchings."

“My first and top choice would have always been Pat and obviously she is not with us,” said Catchings, who picked Mourning because he was her role model when she was a child and Staley, who Catchings played with during the 2004 OIympics and witnessed Staley’s ability to lead a team.
“Pat was my rock. I can only imagine what stories she would share. I would like to say that I was one of the ones that was more compliant than others. It only took one time for her to yell at me before I was like I don’t want to be on her bad side and I definitely don’t want the stare down.”

Tamika Catchings to enter Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame on Saturday

Has Tamika already had her moments? Didn't want to sit through the entire ceremony (just now saw Mulkey's speech).

Already caught the replay on Youtube (with a few brief commercial interruptions).

Classy speech.

VN Store

Back