Preseason SEC Softball Poll

Five Days to softball and that opener is going to be tough Northwestern has an elite starting pitcher Rogers of course is elite as well.

If that’s true somebody’s injured, or they have no faith in the newcomers!
Since Ralph has already said she would pitch I assumed that she would get some time on the mound. She is as good as any of the freshmen and was recruited at least in the beginning to pitch and also play outfield same role as Rainey had.

I think they thought Osbron was the future at short. She looked good defense wise but the bat disappeared, and Ally getting hurt threw everything into chaos so she was moved to catcher a lot.

100% this. They recruited her to replace Gregg and it didn't pan out. Part was the injury last summer that she never really got all the way back from, part of it was off the field. Regardless, she's not here so they're still looking to fill the spot.

Hope they can find a first Base that can hit
Definitely need more offensive production out of that position. If Morgan doesn't hit better this year, I wonder if they will consider moving Phillips to first and Seggern back to third.

Definitely need more offensive production out of that position. If Morgan doesn't hit better this year, I wonder if they will consider moving Phillips to first and Seggern back to third.
Nice thought then Willingham I suspect will take over short at some point but whoever is a short has got to HIT!!

Reactions: popvol
Nice thought then Willingham I suspect will take over short at some point but whoever is a short has got to HIT!!

"The move (of Chelsea) from third to short was not a difficult move for her because she has good lateral movement," said co-head coach Ralph Weekly. "She is just a fantastic all-around player. She can hit, throw, run – she can do everything. She'll also bat in the top of our batting order and I look for her to be a team leader on defense."

Lady Vol Softball Position Preview: Infield - University of Tennessee Athletics

Going to be interesting seems we have about 12 players for 9 hitting positions. Karen said was a lot of competition so we'll see who lines up when we play Northwestern Friday.

Was not referring to right off the bat but some point in the season!
No reason not to make a change if Phillips can't hit a lick. I am sure that is why they want her in there. If she can't hit defensively Willingham and Seggern at third makes a lot of sense. Phillips needs to be a .300 hitter with power to play there all season.

No reason not to make a change if Phillips can't hit a lick. I am sure that is why they want her in there. If she can't hit defensively Willingham and Seggern at third makes a lot of sense. Phillips needs to be a .300 hitter with power to play there all season.
Could not agree more and I think Willingham will make us forget Osbron who I really liked, When she got to wearing those glasses and then not a game or two and going back to them her eye at the plate seemed to leave her!

Could not agree more and I think Willingham will make us forget Osbron who I really liked, When she got to wearing those glasses and then not a game or two and going back to them her eye at the plate seemed to leave her!
It was strange she was really hitting the ball then when she got the glasses couldn't hit a lick. Maybe she needed a different eye doctor.

No doubt we are better defensively with Seggern at 3rd and Willingham at SS. I think the lineup could change throughout the season depending upon how well Phillips and Morgan hit. Also, whether the opponent is pitching a righty or lefty. My biggest concern is that, with numerous options, Ralph tends to overthink and over manage.

VN Store

Back