Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

City giving a masterclass on how to continue improving their squad after winning the treble. FSG giving a masterclass on how to sit on your thumb despite squad having the same glaring issues for two consecutive summer windows. It is extremely maddening and baffling. I feel for Salah & Alisson.
Do you think player recruitment started to trend down when Michael Edwards left? It felt like with him at the helm Liverpool we’re doing great business and then it’s been a bit of a cluster without him.

The draw for Round Three of the Carabao Cup had been confirmed:

Ipswich Town v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Exeter City v Luton Town

Aston Villa v Everton

Manchester United v Crystal Palace

Port Vale v Sutton United

Bradford City v Middlesbrough

Bournemouth v Stoke City

Lincoln City v West Ham United

Brentford v Arsenal

Chelsea v Brighton & Hove Albion

Salford City v Burnley

Fulham v Norwich City

Blackburn Rovers v Cardiff City

Liverpool v Leicester City

Newcastle United v Manchester City

Mansfield Town v Peterborough United

The draw for Round Three of the Carabao Cup had been confirmed:

Ipswich Town v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Exeter City v Luton Town

Aston Villa v Everton

Manchester United v Crystal Palace

Port Vale v Sutton United

Bradford City v Middlesbrough

Bournemouth v Stoke City

Lincoln City v West Ham United

Brentford v Arsenal

Chelsea v Brighton & Hove Albion

Salford City v Burnley

Fulham v Norwich City

Blackburn Rovers v Cardiff City

Liverpool v Leicester City

Newcastle United v Manchester City

Mansfield Town v Peterborough United
Few really good games in there. Hate that Chelsea drew Brighton. Newcastle v City should be good too. Just depends on everyone’s squad rotations.

Reactions: MAD
Do you think player recruitment started to trend down when Michael Edwards left? It felt like with him at the helm Liverpool we’re doing great business and then it’s been a bit of a cluster without him.

100%. Edwards took a sabbatical (I believe). Ward quit abruptly months after replacing Edwards. Schmadtke hired on short term basis? I believe several team doctors left if I'm not mistaken as well. It's appears to be a proper dumpster fire internally. There have been rumors that imply Klopp may have too much power and overruled moves for Bruno G & Enzo (on the cheap) in favor of extending Milner/Hendo. I clearly don't sit in on the discussions at LFC, but I do think someone other than the manager should have a huge voice in overall recruitment strategy - short & long term. I also believe FSG should be taking advantage of possible once in a lifetime talents - both players and manager. Make a $110M bid for Caicedo but gave up on Bellingham because that deal was too expensive and reasoning for not spending window prior to reserve funds? Just so many levels of stupidity it seems. I think Szoboszlai and Mac Allister were brilliant signings, but only solve half of LFC's issues. Squad is one of if not the smallest in PL.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
100%. Edwards took a sabbatical (I believe). Ward quit abruptly months after replacing Edwards. Schmadtke hired on short term basis? I believe several team doctors left if I'm not mistaken as well. It's appears to be a proper dumpster fire internally. There have been rumors that imply Klopp may have too much power and overruled moves for Bruno G & Enzo (on the cheap) in favor of extending Milner/Hendo. I clearly don't sit in on the discussions at LFC, but I do think someone other than the manager should have a huge voice in overall recruitment strategy - short & long term. I also believe FSG should be taking advantage of possible once in a lifetime talents - both players and manager. Make a $110M bid for Caicedo but gave up on Bellingham because that deal was too expensive and reasoning for not spending window prior to reserve funds? Just so many levels of stupidity it seems. I think Szoboszlai and Mac Allister were brilliant signings, but only solve half of LFC's issues. Squad is one of if not the smallest in PL.
I remember when Chelsea were interviewing for Directors last season, he was top of the list. He took a meeting but said he still wasn’t ready to get back into working yet. I remember reading about him during that time though and was very impressed.

Glad Everton finally found a couple goals today. Disappointed we've drawn Villa away in the next round of the Cup. Seems like we always play terrible there.

The Foxes are off to a good start in the Championship League, 4-0-0. Hopefully, last year was a hiccup and they will be back in the EPL, next year

I remember when Chelsea were interviewing for Directors last season, he was top of the list. He took a meeting but said he still wasn’t ready to get back into working yet. I remember reading about him during that time though and was very impressed.
Yea when I saw that I wanted to cry.

On a different note - do any of you play DFS for PL or other leagues? I see some are at least into season long.

Anyone have the 411 on Gravenberch? I know he was a top talent last window and hasn't gotten much of a chance at Bayern. I'm by no means a scouting expert, but seems like an odd purchase considering he isn't a CDM.

That’s a nightmare draw for Newcastle. PSG, Dortmund AND AC Milan. Arsenal got Sevilla, not too bad of a draw. City of course got a cakewalk draw. United got Bayern, that’ll be interesting.
Let's be honest, unless we got Madrid you would say we had a cakewalk draw. Our draw last year proved to be one of the toughest. The year before that we had PSG, Leipzig, and Brugge.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back