Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

I’m ignorant here but what happened?
One of the workers at the construction site for the new stadium was killed earlier this week. Apparently fell off a scissor lift or something similar. No idea yet if there was any sort of negligence, or just a terribly unfortunate accident. Construction is dangerous enough even in ideal conditions, but having spent some time down along the waterfront in Liverpool, my experience is that it can be incredibly windy. Probably especially hazardous for anyone not working with the feet firmly on the ground.

In addition to the team visiting the site and leaving flowers, Anfield observed a minutes applause in his memory today. All around well done by LFC.

Reactions: theFallGuy
I demoted Haaland to vice captain this weekend. Hope that doesn’t come back to bite me. Salah against Bournemouth just seemed like a better choice for Captiano than Haaland against Newcastle.
Looks like you made the right call to the tune of six points. Of course, I wish I’d gone with my gut on Mitoma. Brighton is just tricky because they have so many goal scorers. Haaland is still an easy take the next six weeks.

Reactions: C/O
Looks like you made the right call to the tune of six points. Of course, I wish I’d gone with my gut on Mitoma. Brighton is just tricky because they have so many goal scorers. Haaland is still an easy take the next six weeks.
That’s the wild nature of FPL. Last week I scored 93 or something like that, this week I will have like 40.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Yeah, that move worked out with Haaland not scoring. Had a couple other players I wish I used the Captaincy on though.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
That’s the wild nature of FPL. Last week I scored 93 or something like that, this week I will have like 40.
I think I am going to have to use the wildcard and blow it up. I foolishly did not take any ManCity defenders and I took Pope instead of Ederson for my primary goalie. The only single transfer move I can see is to just swap Pope for Ederson for week 3 since it's even money but the primary reason I did not take Ederson from the git is because I think Ortega is going to get some starts.

Of all the games today in the English Premier League, none of the winning managers were English.

Random I know, but I just found it an interesting little tidbit.

There is a very good chance only 1 match this game week will be won by an Englishman.

Reactions: DocVOLiday
I was out of pocket and had to watch the Liverpool game recorded. Defensive woes showed up and allowed the first goal. Alisson made some absolutely puzzling decisions to come out and was out of position multiple times. Uncharacteristic of him.

Endo had a solid shift, Nunez is being utterly wasted and looks like a blown £75 million, and Szoboszlai was an absolute beast. Excited about his future. Also the Mac Allister red was harsh. English refs are determined to make controversial calls…

All in all, good response to adversity, but still need signings in key areas.

Looks like NBC’s graphics team has flat out decided to boycott Villa’s new Chelsea lookalike crest. Just as well. The old one is much better.

_130852440_villa4.jpg

Looks like NBC’s graphics team has flat out decided to boycott Villa’s new Chelsea lookalike crest. Just as well. The old one is much better.
Hadn’t seen their new design, just looked it up. Tried to find the differences with Chelsea’s badge besides just facing the lion the opposite way, but…

1692542248866.gif

I just read this and it’s hard to believe it’s true.

Chelsea have won 5 games in their last 31 Premier League fixtures.
They have almost had as many managers as they have wins over that span. Wild

Reactions: MAD
I just read this and it’s hard to believe it’s true.

Chelsea have won 5 games in their last 31 Premier League fixtures.
Where have you been mi amigo? Haha. Just look at the 2nd half of last year and you will see why.

This is why Poch will get an extension when he gets us back into top 5 and a CL spot this season. 👀

Reactions: C/O and MAD

VN Store

Back