Preds outdoor game in Neyland, could it work.

Would you be interested in watching the Preds play in Neyland?

• Absolutely

Votes: 88 53.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 21 12.7%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 29 17.6%
  • Never

Votes: 27 16.4%

• Total voters

advancedrescue27

Professional Butt Chugger
Just read this article Could Nashville host NHL Winter Classic? League is interested and Predators believe they will

It’s essentially saying the NHL would like to do an outdoor game in the next year or two in Nashville. They can do it in an NFL stadium or college stadium, or if push comes to shove in a smaller park type setting.

The big issue is they need about 3 weeks of prep time, which could interfere with NFL schedules. The outdoor game is usually on New Years Day. Being a Vol fan I couldn’t help but think how amazing it would be to see it in Neyland.

Beside working it out with the school the biggest issue I see is that the fans would likely want to have it in Nashville. But still can’t help but dream about how interesting it would be! Also thinking about the game being held at Vandy makes me want to vomit.

Thoughts...

Oh and I’m placing it in the football section because it’s a question about Neyland Stadium.

This reflects the down part of a brand’s life cycle. Gimmicks and novelties are added to prolong sales.

Not the Preds. They are in the maturity phase.

Tennessee Football and Neyland Stadium??

Bring On The Gimmicks, Baby!!!

(Only slightly trolling.......sadly mostly serious)

Heck yes, I would be there. I live in Clevleland and it’s an easy drive. Nashville on the other hand would be problematic.

Reactions: rockytop989
This reflects the down part of a brand’s life cycle. Gimmicks and novelties are added to prolong sales.

I’m not thinking about it in terms of being something good or gimmicky for Tennessee, I’m strictly thinking about how cool it would be to see an NHL game in Neyland.

Just read this article Could Nashville host NHL Winter Classic? League is interested and Predators believe they will

It’s essentially saying the NHL would like to do an outdoor game in the next year or two in Nashville. They can do it in an NFL stadium or college stadium, or if push comes to shove in a smaller park type setting.

The big issue is they need about 3 weeks of prep time, which could interfere with NFL schedules. The outdoor game is usually on New Years Day. Being a Vol fan I couldn’t help but think how amazing it would be to see it in Neyland.

Beside working it out with the school the biggest issue I see is that the fans would likely want to have it in Nashville. But still can’t help but dream about how interesting it would be! Also thinking about the game being held at Vandy makes me want to vomit.

Thoughts...

Oh and I’m placing it in the football section because it’s a question about Neyland Stadium.
Only place would make any sense would be Titans stadium. No beer sales at a college stadium.

Thoughts...

I would be there and I would like to see a poll stickied! Send the results to the AD for what it's worth.

ND Stadium had a televised Garth Brooks concert and are having the winter classic this year. I dont know where the notion that this would lead to a "downturn in the Univeristy of Tennessee Brand".

I currently live in Cincinnati and it aggravates everyone that Mike Brown wont use the stadium for anything besides football (concerts and such). If you have a big nice stadium I think it should be used for other events that can be fun for the community and can make money.

Thoughts...

Would be willing to bet that I would have the ONLY University of TENNESSEE Ice Hockey Coat there!

So......was Bristol failing too?

Might as well make money rather than have a building sit empty.

Wow, what a small person. Neyland Stadium is only for "YOU"? I think that we should allow the Lacrosse (both men's and women's teams) to hold a once per year tournament there. What about the QF and NC for Men's Lacrosse over Memorial Day weekeend?

Wow, what a small person. Neyland Stadium is only for "YOU"? I think that we should allow the Lacrosse (both men's and women's teams) to hold a once per year tournament there. What about the QF and NC for Men's Lacrosse over Memorial Day weekeend?

Lmao. An ad hominem attack over a hockey game? This place, and some of the posters, never cease to amaze me.

SROTFLMAO

Lmao. An ad hominem attack over a hockey game? This place, and some of the posters, never cease to amaze me.

SROTFLMAO
I think you are missing my point with all this. It’s not an idea I had to boost TN football. It’s an idea I had because I love the Preds, and they are looking for an appropriate place to hold a once a year,league wide game. UT has an amazing stadium, a very unique venue. a stadium that will site unused for the entire off season.

I’m not suggesting we just open the doors for any or all events that come strolling along. Although it would be cool to see certain large event held there.

I understand people are hesitant, for all the various reasons. But the idea that we should just roll up in a ball and hide because we are upset because we aren’t winning right now isn’t the right mind set to have. That’s how you are forgotten.

It’s like a music artist just stopping making music because their last album didn’t sell as much as they’d like. They take off a year or two, then try to return. Usually never works because people move on from them because they’ve been forgotten. I know us fans wouldn’t in the case of UT. The national stage would, which includes recruits.

Look at ND. Holding a Garth Brooks concert, and now holding the very same game I’m talking about.

You might be right, maybe we should just be bitter that our team hasn’t done well in awhile. Or perhaps we should just try to keep moving forward and trying to find the light at the end of the tunnel. Not saying be blind to the problems by no means. But it’s like being around someone negative constantly, you tend to pick up those same traits. VS being around someone who is always having a good time despite their situation, people just gravitate to that.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I would be there and I would like to see a poll stickied! Send the results to the AD for what it's worth.
Yes, let's have a poll. Who wants it in Neyland. Majority wins. I'm tired of the vocal few, in all areas of life, trying to guilt the rest of us into succumbing to ridiculous choices.

Reactions: hmhawk
Yes, let's have a poll. Who wants it in Neyland. Majority wins. I'm tired of the vocal few, in all areas of life, trying to guilt the rest of us into succumbing to ridiculous choices.
Just started it

Started essentially the same post on the preds subreddit with some interesting responses. Many are in favor of it. My concern was the team and fans wanting it solely in Nashville, but from the responses so far that doesn’t seem to be as big of a concern as I thought it would be. Even other NHL teams and fans have tried to do it at other locations that a neutral to both. So the possibility is there for it to not be held in Nashville.

The only concern one poster brought up was the infrastructure in place. They were saying the reason Neyland hasn’t been a venue for bowl games or other events is because the amount of hotel space, roads in and out, public transport to the stadium etc.

I’m not as knowledgeable in regards to all that. I know the stadium has and can routinely sell out. I’m guessing the fact that beside the locals and students that most tailgate and don’t mind the slow wait before/slow leave because of tailgating.

Last edited:
Reactions: cardvolfan
I think you are missing my point with all this. It’s not an idea I had to boost TN football. It’s an idea I had because I love the Preds, and they are looking for an appropriate place to hold a once a year,league wide game. UT has an amazing stadium, a very unique venue. a stadium that will site unused for the entire off season.

I’m not suggesting we just open the doors for any or all events that come strolling along. Although it would be cool to see certain large event held there.

I understand people are hesitant, for all the various reasons. But the idea that we should just roll up in a ball and hide because we are upset because we aren’t winning right now isn’t the right mind set to have. That’s how you are forgotten.

It’s like a music artist just stopping making music because their last album didn’t sell as much as they’d like. They take off a year or two, then try to return. Usually never works because people move on from them because they’ve been forgotten. I know us fans wouldn’t in the case of UT. The national stage would, which includes recruits.

Look at ND. Holding a Garth Brooks concert, and now holding the very same game I’m talking about.

You might be right, maybe we should just be bitter that our team hasn’t done well in awhile. Or perhaps we should just try to keep moving forward and trying to find the light at the end of the tunnel. Not saying be blind to the problems by no means. But it’s like being around someone negative constantly, you tend to pick up those same traits. VS being around someone who is always having a good time despite their situation, people just gravitate to that.

Dude. I get it. Just having a bit of fun on here. It's not a bad idea.

VN Store

Back