Predictions on the SEC Tournament

Theres been a lot of talk in Florida sports radio that Tennessee is going to take the title...CBS even predicted it.

I really have that feeling that this is the year. And anyone who says Florida is going to beat Tennessee is moronic. There are just way to many mismatches on the floor when those two teams play.

vandy is on fire right now, I see them being in the champ. game vs. either LSU, Miss St. or possibly SC. Ogilvy is finally healthy and he is as good if not better than patterson and vanardo.

Vandy beating Alabama, Tennessee, Florida/Auburn, LSU?

No way.

I dont think vandy will win the tournament but maybe an upset over bama they beat LSU but LSU is playing bad recently

Vandy-Alabama will definitely be interesting; I think I would go with Vandy. And we definitely match up very well with Vandy. So that would be most favorable to Tennessee, but if we play well and hit about 50% of our free throws, we can beat either team.

I do think we have it set up right now to make a run. Every team that we could possibly play in the second or third round are teams we either swept or lost to by the slimest of margins.

Vandy might be hot, but we match-up very well against them. Bama won't beat us twice in a six day span.

Getting either Arky, UF or Auburn in the third round bodes well for us getting to the finals.

Right now I would take the SECT championship and nothing else and call it a year.

I'll believe it when I see it that we do anything of substance in the SECT.

So I'm going to say we barely beat whoever we play Friday night, and then everyone will talk about how we were sluggish and out of sync but Bruce will fire up the boys for Saturday's game and get things going. Then we'll lose the Saturday game, probably going 5 for 30 at the FT line. And then everyone will say how the SECT doesn't matter and that Bruce will have the boys fired up for the NCAAT since that's the tournament that matters and we'll be peaking at the right time.

Yeah, I'm a bit cynical this time of year. For the heck of it I'll pick Auburn though that's kind of the obvious "hot" pick.

With our inconsistency, I don't know how anyone can predict anything about the Vols. . . .except that we are unpredictable.

With our inconsistency, I don't know how anyone can predict anything about the Vols. . . .except that we are unpredictable.

Well I think you can probably have a good shot at predicting the SECT though. For some reason they are consistent there. It's just not the consistency we're looking for.

Well I think you can probably have a good shot at predicting the SECT though. For some reason they are consistent there. It's just not the consistency we're looking for.

Point taken. I'm just glad I got out of the Georgia Dome last year early enough to miss the havoc that wreaked the streets a couple of hours later.

We need to pay back the Bayou Bengals over their victories over us in the football SEC championship games....I believe baby! 2009 is the year to end the hiatus!!!

vandy is on fire right now, I see them being in the champ. game vs. either LSU, Miss St. or possibly SC. Ogilvy is finally healthy and he is as good if not better than patterson and vanardo.
Vandy will not see Saturday.......way too young and can't match up with Tennessee.

I'll believe it when I see it that we do anything of substance in the SECT.

So I'm going to say we barely beat whoever we play Friday night, and then everyone will talk about how we were sluggish and out of sync but Bruce will fire up the boys for Saturday's game and get things going. Then we'll lose the Saturday game, probably going 5 for 30 at the FT line. And then everyone will say how the SECT doesn't matter and that Bruce will have the boys fired up for the NCAAT since that's the tournament that matters and we'll be peaking at the right time.

Yeah, I'm a bit cynical this time of year. For the heck of it I'll pick Auburn though that's kind of the obvious "hot" pick.
Give them some credit now..........they would go at least 12 of 30 from the FT line.

Tennessee over LSU in the championship game on Sunday!!

Tn vs LSU Championship game Sunday...if we play to our potential, we can win it all. If we don't show up in the tourney we won't have to worry about Sunday. I hope we make it and beat LSU. GO BIG ORANGE! VOLS!

:clapping:

VN Store

Back