Predicting our Final Class Ranking - 2016

Yet Warrior is our #1 target according to most everything I've read.. I agree on taking only one linebacker, but we lose two potential NFL players at safety and decide not to recruit players to replace them? That's crazy, Dougie..

Warrior would be an absolute take, but he's a possible GA lean right now. Maybe Mathews doesn't see us winning the battle. IMO, if he's truly #1 on the board, CBJ will make it happen.

Well I must apologize, I was wrong about Renfro. Also, someone mentioned in the past week that Giampapa is now on scholarship? When did that happen? Thanks for clearing that up, Larry.

I think Butch put him on Scholarship in 2013 and then there was still room last year and he remained on scholarship. IMO, he will remain on scholarship in 2015 as long as there is 85 room and there will be.

What NCAA rules does it go against exactly? If FAA is signed, players can be openly discussed and still be a blueshirt. Blueshirts can't sign a LOI.

15.02.8 Recruited Student-Athlete. . .
(c) Was issued a National Letter of Intent or a written offer of athletically related financial aid by the institution
for a regular academic term.

There can only be word of mouth promises. If an FAA is given, the athlete is considered recruited and would not be eligible to blueshirt.

Appreciate it. I still don't buy it because it goes against all the NCAA rules, but Callahan is a good insider.

no problem. I have really enjoyed this discussion with you. Thanks for posting the various rules, good reads.

Jones is master at moving things through gray areas of the rules. Without a doubt the best I have seen and Fulmer really knew the ins and outs of the rules.

thanks for the dialogue.

Reactions: 3 people
First off, what rankings are you looking at 85?

Next, who cares!? Butch is one of the top 5 recruiters in the NATION, and we're moaning and groaning that we have too many players ranked lowly by a bunch of non-football coaches. Alexis Johnson is a 3* on most sites, but he's gonna be a freakin' beast! I don't care if Jeff George drops to a 2*, he's gonna dominate in the redzone. Austin Pope is a perfect tight end for this offense. Corey Henderson has SERIOUS SPEED. TD Marshall, Tim Hart, Devante Brooks - all really good players. Forget the rankings! Butch is gonna get who fits on this team, and we're gonna be competing nationally for what looks like years and years to come. #InButchWeTrust #GBO

First of all, what the hell are you talking about moaning and groaning?

Reactions: 1 person
no problem. I have really enjoyed this discussion with you. Thanks for posting the various rules, good reads.

Jones is master at moving things through gray areas of the rules. Without a doubt the best I have seen and Fulmer really knew the ins and outs of the rules.

thanks for the dialogue.

Likewise. And absolutely agree.

thanks for the dialogue.

+1

First of all, what the hell are you talking about moaning and groaning?

Easy tiger. It's not just you. I said we. Lots of star gazers in VolNation. I do it too at times. I'm just saying that maybe we should put a little more trust in our recruiters and evaluators at UT than the guys at Rivals, Scout, 247, and certainly more than ESPN. Let's keep it light, we're all bleeding orange here, or we wouldn't be writing on this forum.

Easy tiger. It's not just you. I said we. Lots of star gazers in VolNation. I do it too at times. I'm just saying that maybe we should put a little more trust in our recruiters and evaluators at UT than the guys at Rivals, Scout, 247, and certainly more than ESPN. Let's keep it light, we're all bleeding orange here, or we wouldn't be writing on this forum.

:sigh:

Go back and re-read. No one in this thread but Nationdom is star gazing.

And if you don't like / care about Rankings, maybe don't click on a thread about, oh I don't know... Rankings?

Reactions: 2 people
:sigh:

Go back and re-read. No one in this thread but Nationdom is star gazing.

And if you don't like / care about Rankings, maybe don't click on a thread about, oh I don't know... Rankings?

With 8 three stars already and only 6 slots left this class will be outside the top 20.

Very discouraging.

Re-read. Nationdom isn't alone. And that's fine. I made the point that I think we should be a little more trusting in the process with Butch at the helm. He hasn't failed in the recruiting element at all. If he thinks a 3* ATH is a better fit for this team than another guy pegged as a 4*, then I'm down with it. It may hurt our ranking, but I'm not really in the group that thinks a Top-10 class is a must to keep momentum going. We've got some stars on this team, and this class is about building depth. Next class is star-studded, should be loaded. I'd guess we finish 15-20 range for 2016. And with only 18, as you said, that should be fine. Winning is the next step in terms of keeping momentum, and I think we're on our way. Shouldn't have said "Forget the Rankings" in a rankings thread. Obviously a sensitive topic in a rankings forum. Just encouraging VolNation to trust this coaching staff. Chill on the sass a bit, big guy. Again, all on the same team here.

"When we argue, the terrorists win." -Get Smart :)

Re-read. Nationdom isn't alone. And that's fine. I made the point that I think we should be a little more trusting in the process with Butch at the helm. He hasn't failed in the recruiting element at all. If he thinks a 3* ATH is a better fit for this team than another guy pegged as a 4*, then I'm down with it. It may hurt our ranking, but I'm not really in the group that thinks a Top-10 class is a must to keep momentum going. We've got some stars on this team, and this class is about building depth. Next class is star-studded, should be loaded. I'd guess we finish 15-20 range for 2016. And with only 18, as you said, that should be fine. Winning is the next step in terms of keeping momentum, and I think we're on our way. Shouldn't have said "Forget the Rankings" in a rankings thread. Obviously a sensitive topic in a rankings forum. Just encouraging VolNation to trust this coaching staff. Chill on the sass a bit, big guy. Again, all on the same team here.

"When we argue, the terrorists win." -Get Smart :)

Been here 3 months and encouraging VolNation to trust this coaching staff... As if we needed it

There are many on here that have been here plenty long enough, and are very much aware of Butch's abilities and track record.

We're not worried. We don't need convincing.

Perhaps you should try the Football Forum. There is much angst in there that you could potentially assuage...

Again, if you don't like threads about Recruiting Rankings, don't click on threads about Recruiting Rankings.

Been here 3 months and encouraging VolNation to trust this coaching staff... As if we needed it

There are many on here that have been here plenty long enough, and are very much aware of Butch's abilities and track record.

We're not worried. We don't need convincing.

Perhaps you should try the Football Forum. There is much angst in there that you could potentially assuage...

Again, if you don't like threads about Recruiting Rankings, don't click on threads about Recruiting Rankings.

Well, I must confess, I've been following Tennessee Recruiting a lot longer than 3 months. Grew up a Vol fan and started following recruiting heavily back when I was in high school.

And look, I think you bring a lot of great points and insight. I've not attacked you in any way. I've liked a lot of your posts. I appreciate what you bring to this forum. These forums are here to express opinions. I get that. I throw some of mine out there, like you do. My goal in what I said was to encourage others out there to get excited for who we do have coming in. That was my original post that you didn't take kindly to.

I think we've got really talented recruits. I enjoy following Tennessee recruiting. That tends to fall in the recruiting forum, and I will remain here as long as I'm allowed to. Please refrain from telling me, or anyone else on here, where we belong. Appreciate the "suggestion".

My encouragement doesn't have to equal a shot at your opinion or pride. If it came off that way, sorry man. I've tried multiple times to put this away. This doesn't have to be dramatic. If I bother you, just ignore me man. And again, sorry to have upset you this much.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, I must confess, I've been following Tennessee Recruiting a lot longer than 3 months. Grew up a Vol fan and started following recruiting heavily back when I was in high school.

And look, I think you bring a lot of great points and insight. I've not attacked you in any way. I've liked a lot of your posts. I appreciate what you bring to this forum. These forums are here to express opinions. I get that. I throw some of mine out there, like you do. My goal in what I said was to encourage others out there to get excited for who we do have coming in. That was my original post that you didn't take kindly to.

I think we've got really talented recruits. I enjoy following Tennessee recruiting. That tends to fall in the recruiting forum, and I will remain here as long as I'm allowed to. Please refrain from telling me, or anyone else on here, where we belong. Appreciate the "suggestion".

My encouragement doesn't have to equal a shot at your opinion or pride. If it came off that way, sorry man. I've tried multiple times to put this away. This doesn't have to be dramatic. If I bother you, just ignore me man. And again, sorry to have upset you this much.

Still trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. Carry on...

Still trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. Carry on...

200.gif

My current projection. This class would finish ~ #7 in the nation, based off last years point totals.

Small bumps for:

Jarrett Guarantano
Alexis Johnson
Chidi Okonya
Austin Pope

Additions (some bumps) of:

Likely
Nigel Warrior
Landon Dickerson
Bryce Matthews
JoeJuan Williams
BJ Emmons
Freddie Swain

Stretch
Derrick Brown
Kyle Davis
Mecole Hardman

Even if we just land most of these, I can't see how we don't finish Top 10.

I still predict we finish somewhere between #7 - #10

Attachments

• Current Class_16_4.png
    Current Class_16_4.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: 2 people
My current projection. This class would finish ~ #7 in the nation, based off last years point totals.

Small bumps for:

Jarrett Guarantano
Alexis Johnson
Chidi Okonya
Austin Pope

Additions (some bumps) of:

Likely
Nigel Warrior
Landon Dickerson
Bryce Matthews
JoeJuan Williams
BJ Emmons
Freddie Swain

Stretch
Derrick Brown
Kyle Davis
Mecole Hardman

Even if we just land most of these, I can't see how we don't finish Top 10.

I still predict we finish somewhere between #7 - #10

But wait..............but wait...............we're not gonna have a full class and only a full class can finish in the top 10 cause other less than full classes don't ever finish in the top 10 so how can we finish in the top 10?

(On mobile, unable to include blue font)

VN Store

Back