Predict Vols’ Record

What will the Vols’ 2020 record be

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
5-5 - Ls to UGA and Bama. Think we take 1/3 against UF, A&M, or Auburn and we lose an unexpected game (USCe or UK) along the way. Schedule is brutal, team has started off slowly last 2 years, and major questions at QB/WR.

Imo qb play will determine our success or failure this year. With decent qb play we should go at least 7-3. With very good qb play could be much better. I think our defense will play well, and think our running game will do well with good qb play. Just my opinion. I want us to win all of them.

Reactions: whodeycin85
We win the East this year, despite the heart breaking, self-actualizing loss to Mizzou early in the season. Other loss is to Bama, and we return the favor in the SEC Championship game. 9-2 SEC Champs and de facto National Champions. Gray gets the Heisman. Mark it!

Reactions: Volfan2112
1. Less than 5 wins and I will be very very disappointed. We must not lose to anyone we should beat(Vandy, Missouri, Kentucky, Ga State, etc.) again in my lifetime.
2. 5 wins would still be disappointing showing little improvement.
3. 6 wins would show improvement but not where Tennessee should be.
4. 7 wins would give me confidence that we are close to being back.
5. More than 7 wins would stoke me to start bragging again.
My feeling is is 6-4

Its a difficult schedule. I think 6-4 would be a sign of improvement. 6 wins in an all-sec schedule is indicative of a top 25 team (out of all NCAA not just the ones currently slated to play)

Flame away, but with this schedule...unless (a) we have a starting QB with true SEC-level talent, and/or (b) the defense plays lights out...5-5 is a good over/under for this year. We were lucky to win the bowl game, and Indiana on their best day is maybe at the level of USCe.

This could have, and maybe would have, been the year that UT started to climb the SEC ladder. But with all that has gone on since we closed out with a solid recruiting class, all of those solid recruits...and UT Football...are still a year away, IMO.

I'd love to be proven wrong.

Go Vols.

Flame away, but with this schedule...unless (a) we have a starting QB with true SEC-level talent, and/or (b) the defense plays lights out...5-5 is a good over/under for this year. We were lucky to win the bowl game, and Indiana on their best day is maybe at the level of USCe.

This could have, and maybe would have, been the year that UT started to climb the SEC ladder. But with all that has gone on since we closed out with a solid recruiting class, all of those solid recruits...and UT Football...are still a year away, IMO.

Go Vols.
A year from competing for an SEC title?

I agree.

Unless we can get Justin Fields from the p***y conference in the midwest.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
0-1. Won’t get past week 1 due to lack of leadership and common sense. Sankey clearly doesn’t want them playing this year anyway, he’ll let them play first week and shut it down after week 1.....assuming he doesn’t do it prior to the season

Why so many predicting loss to AU? Pruitt seems to coach well against them.

Yea that's strange. He seen them more than any other team in his career. Not saying we can't lose but Auburn is not a world beater.

Yea that's strange. He seen them more than any other team in his career. Not saying we can't lose but Auburn is not a world beater.
It's a winnable game for sure, but until we consistently start beating the teams we're supposed to and some top 25 teams, we'll get no love.

Hmmm, driving home lastnite from work and 94.5 from Birmingham was on my radio..... they advised the world that only Alabama, Georgia, or Florida will dominate the SEC this year due to pure Talent and the shortened season. They said teams like Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and Tennessee will not do as well because with no Spring Practice these teams had less time to prepare for "schemes" to overcome the dominant talent of the first three teams listed. Oh..... they named A&M as a possible 4th team with raw talent....

I almost upchucked on my steering wheel 😜

Last edited:

Go Vols.
That all makes sense to me. It's going to be hard for some folks to get their head around what a decent record even is this year without the 3 or 4 cupcakes to pad the win totals. It will probably be a little like an NFL season with a bunch of tight games and be a fine line between a .500 season and 8 wins. There are going to be some halfway decent teams that only win 5 games.

Really, really tough schedule, but the timing of games is very kind. I’m guessing the Vols start 2-0 and have a real shot to beat UGA (sandwiched between Auburn and Alabama), but lose late. Vols start 5-2. Split Auburn and Florida to go 7-3.

Its a difficult schedule. I think 6-4 would be a sign of improvement. 6 wins in an all-sec schedule is indicative of a top 25 team (out of all NCAA not just the ones currently slated to play)

Yes, this is more in line with an NFL schedule (where you better bring it every week) than a college schedule (cupcakes anyone?). 6-4 would be a definite sign of improvement.

Reactions: Devo182
6-4 being a little optimstic. 5-5 equally likely.

7-3, 4-6 equally likely.

VN Store

Back