Preacher on AMC (2016)

Never read the comics do I didnt know what to expect.

Strong first episode IMO.

Yeah I think I'm a victim of being too close to the source. I've read through the complete series 3 times. Most recently about 2-3 years ago so it is relatively fresh in my mind.

I did find it entertaining and some of the tweaks I really liked. Some felt a bit off to me. Instill look forward to the rest of the series.

Good - we can avoid all the smug comments from the book readers!

Reactions: 1 person
I've read the comic and I still enjoyed the pilot episode. I think I like that they'll be going in a different direction from the comics. Helps to not have spoilers.

Enjoyed the first episode and my only complaint is there has been too much time in between for the next episode. Bring it on!!!

Enjoyed the first episode and my only complaint is there has been too much time in between for the next episode. Bring it on!!!

Seems dumb to air the pilot and take such a long break. Hard to build an audience like that.

‘Preacher’ renewed for extended second season at AMC

AMC has renewed its comic book adaptation “Preacher” for Season 2. The show is currently halfway through its freshman season run of 10 episodes.

The second season will expand to 13 episodes, slated to air in 2017.

Reactions: 2 people
Never read the uh...whatever the source material is...

The show is keeping my attention. Of all the weird stupid crap in the show, the one thing that bugs me the most is that stupid kid with the butt hole face.

I just checked our guide thru Charter for this show. I see that it's on tonight. It also shows repeats on other days after doing a search. It has another new episode listed for this Sunday night called "Sundowner" at 9 PM.

Is Thursday night & Sunday night the regularly scheduled nights for this show?. I want to start taping these. I just want to make sure I'm taping new ones & not all the repeats. Thanks!

I just checked our guide thru Charter for this show. I see that it's on tonight. It also shows repeats on other days after doing a search. It has another new episode listed for this Sunday night called "Sundowner" at 9 PM.

Is Thursday night & Sunday night the regularly scheduled nights for this show?. I want to start taping these. I just want to make sure I'm taping new ones & not all the repeats. Thanks!

It's on Sunday's.... This Thursday's episodes evidently just had additional commentary added to the first two episodes..

I think they are all still on AMC.com if you want to catch up.

This any good??

Best tv show that isn't on HBO probably. Especially the last two episodes. It's very different though, takes religion and turns it on its head in a very dark way.

I'm up to episode 4. It's good but not great. The pace is waaay off from books. The story is developing ridiculously slow. If not for being familiar with the source I would have very little idea what this show is about 4 episodes in.

Tulip is not remotely the same character. To a lesser extent Jesse is a bit off as well. Cassidy is.pretty much spot on though.

I'm up to episode 4. It's good but not great. The pace is waaay off from books. The story is developing ridiculously slow. If not for being familiar with the source I would have very little idea what this show is about 4 episodes in.

Tulip is not remotely the same character. To a lesser extent Jesse is a bit off as well. Cassidy is.pretty much spot on though.

I think Cassidy is testament to Gilgun as much as anything. He's one of my favorite less famous actors. He, Iwan Rheon (Ramsay Bolton in Game of Thrones), and a man named Robert Sheehan were all in lead roles in a tv show called Misfits that was absolutely brilliant and one of the best shows I've ever seen. It got lesser after Robert Sheehan left (and was replaced by Gilgun), but it certainly wasn't due to Gilgun, who was brilliant in every scene.

I'm hooked on it.. Love the show so far. I have not heard of it until this show started. I'm tempted to read on it, but being I do not know anything about this series.. Would rather watch and learn as I go..

VN Store

Back