Pre-Florida week week

Heard on the radio this AM that the UF D is allowing 1.8 yards per carry on average.

Preseason analysis said that UF secondary is the best in the SEC.

That is not a good matchup for UT.

I don't know much about McElwain's ability to coach, but I do know how CBJ handles big games. More importantly, I know how he handles the UF game specifically.

Definite overall advantage to UF.

They haven't really played anyone for their yards per carry allowed stat to really mean that much to me.

I'm well aware, I'm just simply not sold on Florida. I'm reserving judgment until after this weekend.

Agree, the world will know much, much more about UF after Kentucky. I'm not sold that they're back, I'm also not sold that they completely stink.

They haven't really played anyone for their yards per carry allowed stat to really mean that much to me.

The uf game plan will be so simple it's frightening.

Stuff the run and make Dobbs beat you. We all know Dobbs can't so coaches will have to be creative and they aren't.

Then how do you explain playing not to lose and sitting on a lead for two quarters watching your lead evaporate the crowd is silenced she momentum gone. Only to wake up in OT and score and ultimately lose.

Because if you were paying attention, you would've noticed that they weren't playing to lose. If so don't you think these highly paid football coaches would've been smart enough to run the play clock down every snap instead of continue to run the hurry up? OU made adjustments on defense and it worked. We had a ton of mistakes as well that hindered the offense 2nd half. But we were definitely playing to win lol. Cmon man

I just don't have high hopes like years past.
If he couldn't bury the Sooners at home up by double digits what makes me really believe he beats Florida, at home, in a hostile environment, and ends the streak?

Because if you were paying attention, you would've noticed that they weren't playing to lose. If so don't you think these highly paid football coaches would've been smart enough to run the play clock down every snap instead of continue to run the hurry up? OU made adjustments on defense and it worked. We had a ton of mistakes as well that hindered the offense 2nd half. But we were definitely playing to win lol. Cmon man

If we weren't sitting on our lead then why did we do away from what got us up by two scores? Why did it work in OT?

It's simple Debord started to call consistently again even after it was to late.

If he couldn't bury the Sooners at home up by double digits what makes me really believe he beats Florida, at home, in a hostile environment, and ends the streak?

This is the year you don't have high hopes? lol.

Woe is me. Last weekend was a failure by the coaches and the players.

Plus, OU is better than Florida.

We weren't playing to win. We got fat happy and lazy up by two scores. Reminded me a lot of fulmer late in his career.

Because he's the head coach of our beloved football team, and has us in the best shape and the most competitive that we've been in a looong time. The least you can do as a fan is give him and the team your support that they deserve. If not and you have no faith in them why even continue to be a fan.

Reactions: 2 people
This is the year you don't have high hopes? lol.

Woe is me. Last weekend was a failure by the coaches and the players.

Plus, OU is better than Florida.

Really? Your gonna put that on the players? The players didn't call the plays. Dobbs didn't try and make himself Peyton Manning. The defense played their hearts out. Imagine how bad it would have been had the defense collapsed too.

Reactions: 1 person
Because he's the head coach of our beloved football team, and has us in the best shape and the most competitive that we've been in a looong time. The least you can do as a fan is give him and the team your support that they deserve. If not and you have no faith in them why even continue to be a fan.

Because we have all seen Butch in big games he just doesent do well. Even the biggest fan should admit that.

Well, my thought is, if you can only manage 17 points on offense, at home, against a good-not-great OU defense, then you might be in trouble against a great defense in that insanely hostile environment.

However, again, UF may have the same sucky offense they have had for the last 4 years, and if so, UT can win.

If we weren't sitting on our lead then why did we do away from what got us up by two scores? Why did it work in OT?

It's simple Debord started to call consistently again even after it was to late.

Whatever dude. If your not playing to win, then why play at all. Makes no sense. Like I said, OK made the necessary adjustments and the offense didn't respond well. They got out played, it happens, OK is a really good team.

Florida wins UNLESS Kentucky somehow blows them out this weekend and there's a locker room mutiny or something.

Butch is going to bring a conservative gameplan to the Swamp and try to protect a very small lead/hope for a 4th quarter game. All will go to plan until the 4th quarter when McElwain/Nussmeier start seeing holes in the defense and Grier hits a few deep balls and the Gators take a late lead.

With the pressure on and a chance for a final drive to win the game, Hurd either fumbles or Dobbs throws a pick to seal the win for the Gators.

The gators seem to tackle each other on the fumbles, so we might still have a chance.

Well, my thought is, if you can only manage 17 points on offense, at home, against a good-not-great OU defense, then you might be in trouble against a great defense in that insanely hostile environment.

However, again, UF may have the same sucky offense they have had for the last 4 years, and if so, UT can win.

Your right we can if we run a consistent offense and don't get caught up in the moment.

I'm recording it and not watching. I'll watch the recording if we somehow win

I'm doing the same thing. Going hiking that day and keeping my phone off. Will check the score that night. I will still immensely enjoy a win but a loss wouldn't ruin my weekend quite as much.

Whatever dude. If your not playing to win, then why play at all. Makes no sense. Like I said, OK made the necessary adjustments and the offense didn't respond well. They got out played, it happens, OK is a really good team.

Your playing not to lose. It happens. You get up by what you think is enough and put it all on your defense sometimes it works sometimes it doesent.

VN Store

Back