Practice Video before the European Tour

Ace will help us a lot this Fall.
Problem for her (and Wynn) is whose minutes is she going to take? She won't get Spear's minutes; Darby will struggle to get those when the going gets real in conference play. If Strickland does emerge (which of course would be great) she would pretty much eliminate Darby's mins. I just don't see that happening this year, Darby is a Harper fave. But any experience for AS both in practice and games will hopefully be helpful in the future.

Reactions: travis929
Problem for her (and Wynn) is whose minutes is she going to take? She won't get Spear's minutes; Darby will struggle to get those when the going gets real in conference play. If Strickland does emerge (which of course would be great) she would pretty much eliminate Darby's mins. I just don't see that happening this year, Darby is a Harper fave. But any experience for AS both in practice and games will hopefully be helpful in the future.
She’ll be playing now…but glad to see you coming around after her commitment. Can’t hide speed and athletes especially. Fave or not Darby won’t see 20+ mins a game now that Ace is there.

Reactions: VolFuture
She’ll be playing now…but glad to see you coming around after her commitment. Can’t hide speed and athletes especially. Fave or not Darby won’t see 20+ mins a game now that Ace is there.
LOL I've decided to be nice concerning her. Seems like a nice kid. I still don't think she'll be a factor this year, but could in the future. Tess probably won't see 20+ most games, but I don't think that will be bc of AS. But you know what, I kinda don't care. If AS and/or Tess turn out to be a worthy backup for Spear I'm all about it.
I
As we've come to expect fm KJH, the minutes will start out way different than they'll end up and they'll be all-inclusive early on. So we'll get a look at everyone.

LOL I've decided to be nice concerning her. Seems like a nice kid. I still don't think she'll be a factor this year, but could in the future. Tess probably won't see 20+ most games, but I don't think that will be bc of AS. But you know what, I kinda don't care. If AS and/or Tess turn out to be a worthy backup for Spear I'm all about it.
I
As we've come to expect fm KJH, the minutes will start out way different than they'll end up and they'll be all-inclusive early on. So we'll get a look at everyone.
Ace will get her minutes and they will be good ones. I don’t know what you have against her, but I expect we will continue to her your negative posts about her.

Ace will get her minutes and they will be good ones. I don’t know what you have against her, but I expect we will continue to her your negative posts about her.
Not a thing against her. It's a forum where we give uninformed, uninvited speculation about players and minutes. Nothings ever personal or "against". It's just my opinion, but AS is sure welcome to change that. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. I just don't see where all these mins are coming from, espec once the inevitable happens and we go to an 8ish player rotation.

Not a thing against her. It's a forum where we give uninformed, uninvited speculation about players and minutes. Nothings ever personal or "against". It's just my opinion, but AS is sure welcome to change that. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. I just don't see where all these mins are coming from, espec once the inevitable happens and we go to an 8ish player rotation.
I watched practice today was there with a local team at camp… she is going to play. I’ve always liked her but she is better than I remember. Was scoring a lot in the scrimmages. Coming from a slightly informed I’ve seen 1 practice place lol

I watched practice today was there with a local team at camp… she is going to play. I’ve always liked her but she is better than I remember. Was scoring a lot in the scrimmages. Coming from a slightly informed I’ve seen 1 practice place lol
Give us more on practice please! Another poster is there as well, waiting on his report. Hope your team enjoyed the experience.

You think AS cuts into Darby's mins?

Darby is a two year starter and ranked among the top 5 in 3 point shooting percentage in the SEC last season. She will get her minutes and most likely a lot of them. Then with the addition of wells who shot 45% from 3 last season and spears at 38% and one of the best scorers in the ACC there won't be many minutes left. Ace may see minutes in the future, but this year it's going to be hard to get minutes from of the aforementioned players. All 3 of them will most likely be back the following year as well. Some might say that Wells doesn't play that position, but Kellie is very well known for playing 2 point guards at the same time and with Destinee's shooting percentage from deep, we may see that often this year. 45% overall and 47% in her conference is an eye popping number in any division 1league.

Give us more on practice please! Another poster is there as well, waiting on his report. Hope your team enjoyed the experience.

You think AS cuts into Darby's mins?
I think the minutes are going to be redistributed differently this year with players playing different positions. Jordy played many positions so it leaves options imo. Also we’ll have to see but Kellie tends to play many players esp early so all I’ll say is she’ll definitely get a chance to earn some from anyone (esp if she’s shooting like she did today)

Last edited:
Will give a full breakdown of what I saw later when I’m back home

So first note from practice…. This team goes hard!! They have the energy. Non stop go in everything they do. Also very productive in their drill sessions and pretty much all the girls were hitting shots during this. I don’t think I saw a single missed open layup which even in practice is impressive.

As for the two skills groups. The guards can shoot! Lights out. Tess Jewel Ace Edie Destinee Jasmine (big guard Rickea) were phenomenal. And honestly on set shots Kaiya shot well too

The forwards were great too. Big energy, knocking down open middys, and finishing well on their end. It was Tamari Karo Sara and Jill

The scrimmages were phenomenal very high level competition they played 4 5 min controlled games. Teams were “team Orange”JP Ace Kaiya Rickea Sara and TK vs “team gray” Destinee Jewell Tess Karo Jill Edie

Team Orange won the first 3 games relatively easily and team Gray won the last game by 1 on a Jillian steal and score at the last sec.

Huge note is Rickea is a different monster. TK was nearly automatic but did have limited time on floor didn’t play every game. Jill was a monster today to she can really get up and down the floor.

Rickea Ace and TK carried the scoring load for Orange and Karo Jewell and Jill for Gray

JP and Destinee both played their roles well JP probably scored more and was a rebounding animal. You can tell Des is still getting comfortable with the offense.

Jewell was an absolute beast too energy driving energy… complete package can literally create off a screen as good as anyone. Her step back is unstoppable. She was really good on the drive and dish/kick too could really get defenders on their toes and blow by.

Ace really knocked down the catch and shoot threes some from pretty deep and scored well in transition. And could get off her mid range so easily hit a few of them. Also had a DIRTY step back middy on Tess and Jill from a pass up the court from Rickea.

Last edited:
The scrimmages were phenomenal very high level competition they played 4 5 min controlled games. Teams were “team Orange”JP Ace Kaiya Rickea Sara and TK vs “team gray” Destinee Jewell Tess Karo Jill Edie

Team Orange won the first 3 games relatively easily and team Gray won the last game by 1 on a Jillian steal and score at the last sec.

Huge note is Rickea is a different monster. TK was nearly automatic but did have limited time on floor didn’t play every game. Jill was a monster today to she can really get up and down the floor.

Rickea Ace and TK carried the scoring load for Orange and Karo Jewell and Jill for Gray

JP and Destinee both played their roles well JP probably scored more and was a rebounding animal. You can tell Des is still getting comfortable with the offense.

Jewell was an absolute beast too energy driving energy… complete package can literally create off a screen as good as anyone. Her step back is unstoppable. She was really good on the drive and dish/kick too could really get defenders on their toes and blow by.

Ace really knocked down the catch and shoot threes some from pretty deep and scored well in transition. And could get off her mid range so easily hit a few of them. Also had a DIRTY step back middy on Tess and Jill from a pass up the court from Rickea.
Honestly tho both teams played great was high level 12-8 type games in 5 mins. So good scoring production

Jill was running and scoring in transition mostly had a few steals and finished thru contact a lot! She shot a lot and scored a lot!

Karo started a bit slow in the first 2 games but really took off and was hitting transition 3s hit probably the next most to Jewell and Ace also finished at the rim and rebounded well ran well too she’s in such good shape

Sara struggled on her shot a bit was a a monster in D and was a rebounding machine really helped her team get extra possessions and many kick out to the 3 point shooters from them. She did finish well in the paint tho when she got it and ran very well in transition had some of the easiest baskets just by cutting hard and running

Jill was running and scoring in transition mostly had a few steals and finished thru contact a lot! She shot a lot and scored a lot!

Karo started a bit slow in the first 2 games but really took off and was hitting transition 3s hit probably the next most to Jewell and Ace also finished at the rim and rebounded well ran well too she’s in such good shape

Sara struggled on her shot a bit was a a monster in D and was a rebounding machine really helped her team get extra possessions and many kick out to the 3 point shooters from them. She did finish well in the paint tho when she got it and ran very well in transition had some of the easiest baskets just by cutting hard and running
Team Orange won more of the games simply bc they dominated the boards

VN Store

Back