Power T

mytenn

Some posted that Lady Vols preferred vs Power T on T-Shirt of one of UT Women's Staff at a HS BB game. At this time in the cycle, Power T may be a better choice, as the identity of
moving back to a powerful program is emphasized. Warwick, like Pruitt was never a head coach before thrust into a historically great program, nor ever developed the demeanor
of a strong leader needed in such a situation. But, a very good & loyal assistant.

Some posted that Lady Vols preferred vs Power T on T-Shirt of one of UT Women's Staff at a HS BB game. At this time in the cycle, Power T may be a better choice, as the identity of
moving back to a powerful program is emphasized. Warwick, like Pruitt was never a head coach before thrust into a historically great program, nor ever developed the demeanor
of a strong leader needed in such a situation. But, a very good & loyal assistant.

There are 8 National Championship trophies, and more than that for SEC season championshios, SEC tourney and other tournament championship trophies displayed in the Lady Vol Basketball cases at UT. If not all, then nearly, every single one of them were won under the Lady Vols logo.

Sorry, but I honestly don't think the Power T has done anything to deserve being coupled with the strong tradition of women’s basketball at Tennessee. Sure, the program has been struggling, but by the evidence of it having remained a hot topic of conversation throughout, it is still hanging in there and will soon (I believe) be challenging for championships again.

That battle was fought, and the Lady Vol logo won — at least for basketball.

One more thing.

There have been several occasions over the course of my life when I have been traveling and, at various points, wearing shirts with either a simple Power T or a Lady Vol logo on them.

On at least three occasions while wearing the Power T, I’ve had strangers make comments like, “You must be a Texas fan!,” or, “How ‘bout them Horns!,” or even once in Puerto Rico, “I’ve got friends who live in Texas!”

Has anyone EVER, even ONCE, mistaken the Lady Vol logo for anything else? Nope. In fact, that logo has started many a pleasant conversation about Pat Summitt and the Lady Vols no matter how far from Tennessee I am when some talkative stranger notices it. Noone wonders what program the logo represents. Ever.

Good points in replies; however, I am talking what may help now not history. Maybe Lady Vols on front & Power T on the back of their shirts. : )

One more thing.

There have been several occasions over the course of my life when I have been traveling and, at various points, wearing shirts with either a simple Power T or a Lady Vol logo on them.

On at least three occasions while wearing the Power T, I’ve had strangers make comments like, “You must be a Texas fan!,” or, “How ‘bout them Horns!,” or even once in Puerto Rico, “I’ve got friends who live in Texas!”

Has anyone EVER, even ONCE, mistaken the Lady Vol logo for anything else? Nope. In fact, that logo has started many a pleasant conversation about Pat Summitt and the Lady Vols no matter how far from Tennessee I am when some talkative stranger notices it. Noone wonders what program the logo represents. Ever.

Truth. Always recognized in the States and frequently in the Islands and in Europe. Amazes me still🧡🧡🧡.

I have wondered since the beginning of following the LVs why the athletic department staff did not appreciate the value received from the unique LV branding. Not only not appreciate but being almost openly hostile.

We've had this discussion about the Power T and Lady Vol basketball before. Also had the discussion Lady Vol vs Vol and the answer is Lady Vol and no power T for the Lady Vols.

Reactions: tbwhhs
I have wondered since the beginning of following the LVs why the athletic department staff did not appreciate the value received from the unique LV branding. Not only not appreciate but being almost openly hostile.

I'm not sure how long you have been following the Lady Vols, but during Pat's tenure with the program, the Lady Vols logo was proudly supported by the teams and the school. But Pat built that following and that logo. And, the marketing department, during that time recognized the strength and international appeal of tthe Lady Vol logo! When Dave Hart came in there was some initial talk of changing/eliminating the lady Vols logo, but with Pat in charge, that went exactly nowhere! It was only after Pat announced her diagnosis and began to show obvious signs of the deterioration that followed that Hart felt comfortable in pursuing his objective. When he hired Brian Pensky, he got an active supporter of the change. And even now, after the Lady Vols logo has been adopted for all teams, subject to coach/team approval, the soccer team still displays only the power T and the Vols logo.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Good points in replies; however, I am talking what may help now not history. Maybe Lady Vols on front & Power T on the back of their shirts. : )

I am truly puzzled as to what you think the advantage would be in using the “T” logo instead of the “Lady Vols” logo. Are you somehow under the impression that there has been waaaaay more recent success for programs that competed under the “T” than under the “LV” logo? If that’s the case, then all you have to do is research UT athletics championships to discover that more recent championships have been won by the women at Tennessee than were won by the men.

Considering the facts of recent history, it seems to me like maybe the football team would be better off competing under the more recently-successful Lady Vols logo.

I am truly puzzled as to what you think the advantage would be in using the “T” logo instead of the “Lady Vols” logo. Are you somehow under the impression that there has been waaaaay more recent success for programs that competed under the “T” than under the “LV” logo? If that’s the case, then all you have to do is research UT athletics championships to discover that more recent championships have been won by the women at Tennessee than were won by the men.

Considering the facts of recent history, it seems to me like maybe the football team would be better off competing under the more recently-successful Lady Vols logo.
LOL!

I've heard some of our football fans say they already are.

VN Store

Back