Power 5 talking about no fall football

Wow. Okay. Have at it. Even though there is plenty of documented evidence to the contrary. It is a fact that anyone who dies with Covid is assumed to have died from Covid. Regardless if they were on hospice before contracting the virus - regardless of the fact some died from a gunshot wound etc. believe what you want...be a sheep. Anytime government entities are paid additional money for a certain type of death - there will be massive corruption. But hey... whatever you want to believe - don’t let facts get in the way.
Sheep, I've seen combat 3 times with the USMC, I'm not you FFFFFN sheep

Reactions: IndyVol46
Claiming that 165,000 have actually died from Covid is not an assumption of truth. That number is so inflated it’s ridiculous. It will be quite interesting to see how many fewer cancer, heart related, etc type deaths end up being reported in 2020 vs 2019.....
The truth is there have been a 200,000 Increase in deaths over last year. So maybe covid is underreported.

Reactions: Devo182
I hope we play just as much as anyone. That said.

There is more to this than just covid. Covid is and was the catalyst. The current climate however has instilled a thought into the heads of the players that they have an opportunity to organize, make demands and attempt to change the dynamic of the game away from that of student athlete and more towards paid university representative.

The powers that be fear the repurcussions of the players joining the current tantrum du jour far more than they fear covid.

Covid is a singular event that will eventually go away and would allow us to once again have the college game we love as it has been. An organized radical group of BLM inspired players would possibly ruin the game forever.

Football players (the VAST MAJORITY of whom would have zero chance of attending a major university ) are provided with scholarships, room and board, free food, free tutors and ofter the adoration of a student body and fanbase. These packages are worth often hunderds of thousands of dollars. If that isn't enough then tough ****.
modify_inline.gif

Last edited:
Wow. Okay. Have at it. Even though there is plenty of documented evidence to the contrary. It is a fact that anyone who dies with Covid is assumed to have died from Covid. Regardless if they were on hospice before contracting the virus - regardless of the fact some died from a gunshot wound etc. believe what you want...be a sheep. Anytime government entities are paid additional money for a certain type of death - there will be massive corruption. But hey... whatever you want to believe - don’t let facts get in the way.

What are the real facts?

Reactions: swampfoxfan
The truth is there have been a 200,000 Increase in deaths over last year. So maybe covid is underreported.
It certainly has been and waa even admitted as much in NYC.

The wild thing is there were even fewer regular life deaths (driving, travel, gun, criminal, etc) during the lockdown!

I hope we play just as much as anyone. That said.

There is more to this than just covid. Covid is and was the catalyst. The current climate however has instilled a thought into the heads of the players that they have an opportunity to organize, make demands and attempt to change the dynamic of the game away from that of student athlete and more towards paid university representative.

The powers that be fear the repurcussions of the players joining the current tantrum du jour far more than they fear covid.

Covid is a singular event that will eventually go away and would allow us to once again have the college game we love as it has been. An organized radical group of BLM inspired players would possibly ruin the game forever.

Football players (the VAST MAJORITY of whom would have zero chance of attending a major university ) are provided with scholarships, room and board, free food, free tutors and ofter the adoration of a student body and fanbase. These packages are worth often hunderds of thousands of dollars. If that isn't enough then tough ****.
modify_inline.gif
Sorry if you aren't a capitslist, but it is below their average market value, plain and simple.

Otherwise you have to explain how Butch was worth 100x Reeves-Maybin or how Dobbs was worth a fraction as a starter in college vs a benchwarmer in the NFL. Can't.

Sorry if you aren't a capitslist, but it is below their average market value, plain and simple.

Otherwise you have to explain how Butch was worth 100x Reeves-Maybin or how Dobbs was worth a fraction as a starter in college vs a benchwarmer in the NFL. Can't.
I dont "have" to explain anything having to do with employee compensation. This topic has nothing to do with employees. The scholarship system is the means of reward/reimbursement that colleges and universities have chosen to use. If the potential student athletes do not feel that compensation is up to par no one is twisting their arms.

I know how you feel.

How about this to add onto that.

I went to opry mills out in Nashville yesterday where there were THOUSANDS of freakin people.

I'm like "we can do this but not football?"
Yea i know. Went to KY Kingdom 4 weeks ago when it was in high 90’s. We all sweated over everything but that was ok. We never got sick at all. Church bad. Amusement park good. Barber shop bad. Wally good. Funeral bad. George floyd funeral good. Sturgis bad. Riots good. Irony is a Mother right now.

Claiming that 165,000 have actually died from Covid is not an assumption of truth. That number is so inflated it’s ridiculous. It will be quite interesting to see how many fewer cancer, heart related, etc type deaths end up being reported in 2020 vs 2019.....

There should be a drop in 2020 due to the fact that many many people have avoided seeking medical attention to avoid the virus. Plus in 2021 you should see a larger than normal spike due to the fact that many people are walking around with undetected cancer and heart issues today but they dont have a diagnosis because they haven't been to see a physician.

Someone who has a treatable form of cancer today may have out of control cancer next year and die as a result of not seeking treatment fast enough.

How many people do you claim have died from COVID? What's the "real" number in your mind?

I agree 100% with you that more people will die in the next few years because the country was unnecessarily locked down and prevented people from getting diagnosed early for various illnesses that would have saved lives.

The lockdowns and forced closings of businesses will have a far worse impact on this country than COVID.

And there was no basis for the shutdowns. Liquor store - essential. Church - not. Home Depot - essential. Mom and pop stores - not. Etc etc.

There should be a drop in 2020 due to the fact that many many people have avoided seeking medical attention to avoid the virus. Plus in 2021 you should see a larger than normal spike due to the fact that many people are walking around with undetected cancer and heart issues today but they dont have a diagnosis because they haven't been to see a physician.

Someone who has a treatable form of cancer today may have out of control cancer next year and die as a result of not seeking treatment fast enough.

How many people do you claim have died from COVID? What's the "real" number in your mind?

In March, the guidance was that we shouldn’t buy up all of the masks so that healthcare workers had enough. It wasn’t a secret or a lie, it was everywhere

We were told it would hurt us more than help us to wear a mask. He could have said reusable cloth mask is good enough, that it was not needed for us to have n95 mask which the medical field uses; and you use one time and discard. People could have made their own; or know someone who could; which is where I got my first ones, a friend made them. But not only were we told we don't need them, but it could harm us more than help us.

Reactions: Doberman
Because everyone is acting irrationally?

Election will be over and we will play.

I personally don't give a damn what the Big 10 (I use the term loosely) or the Pac 12 or any other conference does. This is the SEC and we have decided to play an in-conference schedule. It will have no effect on any other conference. If after the start it becomes necessary to stop, then so be it. But until then,,, PLAY SPORTS!!!

And play if we are the only conference playing.

Heart issue linked to virus drives Power 5 concern

I hope they play, but please stop saying it’s harmless to athletes like many of you have beat your chest over. Is this condition common or likely? No, but it’s a concern and I wouldn’t want to be the person making the decision to play knowing this is a risk.

I see where you are coming from and don't disagree with you, however, with so much different info coming from even the experts who knows the risk? At this point as you said it's a concern because of what some of the so called experts have said. We simply don't know.

Good. You have to know the real number to make that claim so what is the real number then? We await.

I think that was his point, we don't know the real number but we do know the deaths are skewed. We won't know till sometime later, when the total deaths are totaled and if you see a large decrease in heart, pneumonia, flu, etc. If there are a large amount of decrease in these you will know a lot of them were counted as covid, and should be subtracted from the covid death total.

Reactions: Kas232323
And play if we are the only conference playing.

SEC football: Greg Sankey offers hope for fall season

It looks like Sankey disagrees with you. SEC being the only major conference playing if ACC and Big 12 had backed out? It's not happening and this is coming from someone wants to football to be played and has a different viewpoint from you when it comes to al ot things it seems.

Reactions: feathersax

I dont "have" to explain anything having to do with employee compensation. This topic has nothing to do with employees. The scholarship system is the means of reward/reimbursement that colleges and universities have chosen to use. If the potential student athletes do not feel that compensation is up to par no one is twisting their arms.

And players can choose to fight for better compensation.

This is like any owner/labor struggle.

VN Store

Back