POTS is huge disappointment.

Curiosity, at away games does the opposing band play Rockytop?

The only other place I've been to that has the tradition of welcoming the opponents fans with their fight song was at Notre Dame.

However, our official fight song is "Down The Field," so they thought they were going to get to play Rocky Top, but were given sheet music to Down The Field, lol.

Reactions: 2 people
The only other place I've been to that has the tradition of welcoming the opponents fans with their fight song was at Notre Dame.

However, our official fight song is "Down The Field," so they thought they were going to get to play Rocky Top, but were given sheet music to Down The Field, lol.

I knew the official fight song is "Down the Field" but everyone relates Tennessee to RockyTop. How funny about being given the sheet music to "Down the Field"... I love singing to that.. We are apart of the Pride family and very proud of it.. The Pride is the best ever!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
When you grow up you will realize that these games are not war. The opposing team has fans just like you and me. They love their team just like we do the Vols The opposing team works just as hard as the Volunteers do. The opposing team are a bunch of kids who strive to be successful in either academics or professional sports. They run the risk of a life threatening physical injury for your entertainment.

But when is it that you should question someone's fandom because they do not think the way that you do? Are you really that closed minded? No wonder you boo these hard working kids.

Nobody is booing the other team because they don't like the kids or don't respect them as people....saying otherwise is pretty dramatic. It's just fans being fans. Every fan base does it. It's no big deal. Hell, a lot of players love hearing the boo's at opposing fields...it fires them up.

I knew the official fight song is "Down the Field" but everyone relates Tennessee to RockyTop. How funny about being given the sheet music to "Down the Field"... I love singing to that.. We are apart of the Pride family and very proud of it.. The Pride is the best ever!!!!!

I know most people know it as "Down the Field" because it is a copy of the old Yale fight song, but according to a 1924 program it is titled as "Here's to Old Tennessee." Does anyone know for sure which is correct?

I know most people know it as "Down the Field" because it is a copy of the old Yale fight song, but according to a 1924 program it is titled as "Here's to Old Tennessee." Does anyone know for sure which is correct?

Well, here's why it was called that:

Here's to old Tennessee
Never we'll sever
We pledge our loyalty
Forever and ever
Backing our football team
Faltering never
Cheer and fight with all of your might
For Tennessee.

Would really like to see the fans singing Here's to Old Tennessee. But most people do not know the words.

VN Store

Back