Potpourri

Rooster my man, I can definitely relate....
Beauty walks a razor's edge...Her beauty is timeless...
41-hottest-susanna-hoffs-big-butt-pictures-are-simply-excessively-enigmatic-best-of-comic-books-38.png

I go and get in my car at 5:31 AM this morning, to pick up my niece at work, and on the radio playing is "Manic Monday" by the Bangles....I actually thought I was dreaming...

If "Walk like an Egyptian" is playing the next time I get in the car, it will call for a serious investigation...

OK Rooster, here is a nice bit of trivia, that can only be appreciated by us women loving men....

The girl that was/is the inspiration for Jessica Rabbit, is a girl named Vikki Duggan, alias "The back"...
50926dcdb26b6b9e535617f70ad56510.jpg
3-54.jpg

So I’m a product of the 80’s in some ways, graduated college in 85, anyway, during that time the young ladies up in NY loved to dance to the fun music, and I have always had a thing for this song as a memory, not just for the song but also the lead singer, Susanna Huff….you will remember her well when you revisit the video below…she captured the minds of young men in those 80’s..

Just in the interest of music history, her name is Susanna Hoffs.

She has released 4 solo albums. The most recent, Bright Light (2021) is an all-covers album. From 2006-2013, she also released three albums of nice cover versions with Matthew Sweet (Under the Covers, vol. 1, 2, and 3). They duet well together and have similar tastes (Nick Drake, Richard Thompson, Big Star, Badfinger, Go-Gos, Beatles, Rod Stewart, Yes, Neil Young, Fleetwood Mac, Little Feat, Left Banke, Stone Poneys, R.E.M., Bee Gees, etc.).

If I were on the desktop, I'd post a clip of Susanna age 50 with her timeless beauty nearly three decades after her Bangles heyday doing a killer live duet with Sweet covering Young's classic "Cinnamon Girl."

Also just now found several tracks from her 2021 release. Voice still beautiful (as is she in her early sixties). I'll try to post her stunning duet with another ageless 80's icon, Aimee Mann ('Til Tuesday). Their extraordinary, gorgeous cover of "The Name of the Game" by the tragically-doomed Pete Hamm of Badfinger is just haunting. Neither woman has missed a beat; their voices just transport you back to an earlier age of pop music.

Last edited:
Just in the interest of music history, her name is Susanna Hoffs.

She has released 4 solo albums. The most recent, Bright Light (2021) is an all-covers album. From 2006-2013, she also released three albums of nice cover versions with Matthew Sweet (Under the Covers, vol. 1, 2, and 3). They duet well together and have similar tastes (Nick Drake, Richard Thompson, Big Star, Badfinger, Go-Gos, Beatles, Rod Stewart, Yes, Neil Young, Fleetwood Mac, Little Feat, Left Banke, Stone Poneys, R.E.M., Bee Gees, etc.).

If I were on the desktop, I'd post a clip of Susanna age 50 with her timeless beauty nearly three decades after her Bangles heyday doing a killer live duet with Sweet covering Young's classic "Cinnamon Girl."

Also just now found several tracks from her 2021 release. Voice still beautiful (as is she in her early sixties). I'll try to post her stunning duet with another ageless 80's icon, Aimee Mann ('Til Tuesday). Their extraordinary, gorgeous cover of "The Name of the Game" by the tragically-doomed Pete Hamm of Badfinger is just haunting. Neither woman has missed a beat; their voices just transport you back to an earlier age of pop music.
Here you go:

(Dup post)

Well, rather than waste the space, might as well mention that Name of the Game (above, not the ABBA song) is classic Pete Ham. Badfinger wasn't the first or last band to be totally screwed over by bad management, naivety, and bad timing (including the breakup of Apple Records), but they probably hold the unfortunate distinction of being the only band to have two members die of suicide by hanging.

Last edited:
OK Rooster, here is a nice bit of trivia, that can only be appreciated by us women loving men....

The girl that was/is the inspiration for Jessica Rabbit, is a girl named Vikki Duggan, alias "The back"...
50926dcdb26b6b9e535617f70ad56510.jpg
3-54.jpg
yeah GT, the small of the back is so underrated, esp when accentuated from just below

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
Well, it is beginning to look like 2023 is going to be a really horrible year in Gulesville. Father Time is kicking our arses. A Xmas time houseguest (family member) brought some kind of bug/cold/flu here and every one of us got very sick from it. That lead into the MIL falling and suffering a type of fracture common to elderly women in her back. At 93 years old, she was already weak and a constant fall risk so long story short I have been her full-time care giver for about 3 weeks now. I'm plumb worn the hell out. Wifey can't lift her because her back is shot too. :( MIL is able to stand and walk a little bit, but someone must be near to assist her up and down and to the bathroom every couple of hours. Add in Biden's economy kicking our retirement funds into the toilet, and it is just a s""t show around here. Can't even count on the Lady vols to kick ass to bring us some cheer! Dammit 2023.

Well, it is beginning to look like 2023 is going to be a really horrible year in Gulesville. Father Time is kicking our arses. A Xmas time houseguest (family member) brought some kind of bug/cold/flu here and every one of us got very sick from it. That lead into the MIL falling and suffering a type of fracture common to elderly women in her back. At 93 years old, she was already weak and a constant fall risk so long story short I have been her full-time care giver for about 3 weeks now. I'm plumb worn the hell out. Wifey can't lift her because her back is shot too. :( MIL is able to stand and walk a little bit, but someone must be near to assist her up and down and to the bathroom every couple of hours. Add in Biden's economy kicking our retirement funds into the toilet, and it is just a s""t show around here. Can't even count on the Lady vols to kick ass to bring us some cheer! Dammit 2023.

Hang in there Gule. You are a good man. :)

VN Store

Back