Potpourri

Nothing has helped Tess. She's had a bad start. Not sure how that relates to Justine.
simple for me...I'd kept Justine
give her those 57 shots taken by Tess at 39% instead of 28% and those extra 21 points may be the difference in the 1 pt loss or the 5 point loss

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo

Hey Gametime, do ya want the "told ya so" version or the truth before you board that train? JP is only shooting 39% on 3 bc she had an out of her mind first half and went 5-5 fm 3 the other day against a truly horrible Davidson team who didn't guard her. Before that, she was about 32% fm both fg and 3 pt range, and had zero games in which she hit more than 1 three. Also, she's only averaging 1.5 rebounds per game, 6.5 pts per game.

Vandy is only 11-1 bc they've played a Kim Mulkey type laughable schedule. "4th in the SEC" bc SEC play hasn't started.

But if that's "told ya so" material for you, go for it.
Yes, Vandy is playing a soft OOC schedule this year. For years, Vandy has been at the bottom of the SEC, hence a coaching change a few years ago. Shea Ralph is trying to build a winning team, but to do that the players have to have confidence, learn what it feels like to win, and to be hungry every time they take the court. Ralph isn't interested in a quick fix, but is relying on her experience from her previous gig on how to do it. Would you prefer that they play a OOC schedule like Tennessee or UConn which would not help the help them confidence wise.? Baby steps, that is how you build a program, not a team. Ralph is a good coach, and I believe she is on the right track on her mission to make Vandy a contender in the next few years.

Reactions: Coach Jumper
Yes, Vandy is playing a soft OOC schedule this year. For years, Vandy has been at the bottom of the SEC, hence a coaching change a few years ago. Shea Ralph is trying to build a winning team, but to do that the players have to have confidence, learn what it feels like to win, and to be hungry every time they take the court. Ralph isn't interested in a quick fix, but is relying on her experience from her previous gig on how to do it. Would you prefer that they play a OOC schedule like Tennessee or UConn which would not help the help them confidence wise.? Baby steps, that is how you build a program, not a team. Ralph is a good coach, and I believe she is on the right track on her mission to make Vandy a contender in the next few years.
I don't care what kind of schedule Vandy plays. All I said was that team or any individual stats don't mean very much since they've played no one. It's getting thrown around that Vandy is !11-1! and on the rise. Truthfully, we know nothing until they play an actual team.

It's an ancient coaching debate whether to "build confidence" by playing the local blind school or "test your team" and "prepare them for March" by stepping thru a minefield in non-conf. Ralph is probably making the right decision for her team by scheduling cupcakes. But I'm not going to get excited about the results yet.

I don't care what kind of schedule Vandy plays. All I said was that team or any individual stats don't mean very much since they've played no one. It's getting thrown around that Vandy is !11-1! and on the rise. Truthfully, we know nothing until they play an actual team.

It's an ancient coaching debate whether to "build confidence" by playing the local blind school or "test your team" and "prepare them for March" by stepping thru a minefield in non-conf. Ralph is probably making the right decision for her team by scheduling cupcakes. But I'm not going to get excited about the results yet.
I actually agree with you completely. They have been playing cupcakes since the talent on that roster cannot compete with mid D1 teams at this point. Just saying that Ralphs scheduling those teams is meant to build the players confidence and give them a winning attitude, unlike another coach that just wants to pad her resume. When the conference schedule starts it will be a different story, but if the players think they have a chance to win when they take the court, they may be able to knock off some of the lower SEC teams which would be an accomplishment based on their previous year's results. Her motives and Kims motives to play these teams are completely different.

I actually agree with you completely. They have been playing cupcakes since the talent on that roster cannot compete with mid D1 teams at this point. Just saying that Ralphs scheduling those teams is meant to build the players confidence and give them a winning attitude, unlike another coach that just wants to pad her resume. When the conference schedule starts it will be a different story, but if the players think they have a chance to win when they take the court, they may be able to knock off some of the lower SEC teams which would be an accomplishment based on their previous year's results. Her motives and Kims motives to play these teams are completely different.
Not sure how fair or centered this is…

Reactions: brittannica

I am all about building confidence first.
We have seen the negative impact too strong an OOC schedule brings, first hand
and it isn't pretty.

Marta
172-100-50-0134321154
fouled out and only 4 points in 17 minutes
Interesting with all she went through last season, “stepping away” during the season and finishing school online. That she chose to be further away to play at Cal with her mom battling cancer.

Marta
172-100-50-0134321154
fouled out and only 4 points in 17 minutes
She guard CB Stanford all American. She h,ad better against Gonzaga.. Watch Secord half she Carmen blink score easier when Marta not in the game. CB Stanford hurt her thumb on her hand. She came back in but Stanford did need her to play lot minutes. They where bunch of pl,Ayers helping to row the boat ahead of California boat.

Interesting with all she went through last season, “stepping away” during the season and finishing school online. That she chose to be further away to play at Cal with her mom battling cancer.
Not really why but up with all the want be coaches / athletics directors commits about she slow to be a guard. Which she played against Gonzaga and was the leading scorer. She played in the post guarding CB Stanford one on one defense. She getting to be guard on offense that the Best position for Marta. She got enough on her plate with her mother cancer. If people don't think players family/ their self reed fan boards and social media their fooling their self's.

She guard CB Stanford all American. She h,ad better against Gonzaga.. Watch Secord half she Carmen blink score easier when Marta not in the game. CB Stanford hurt her thumb on her hand. She came back in but Stanford did need her to play lot minutes. They where bunch of pl,Ayers helping to row the boat ahead of California boat.
Stanford did NOT need Brink to "play a lot of minutes". Stanford was up 21 points after 3 quarters. In fact, Brink only played 21 minutes for the entire game.

I'm not a football watcher
usually only watch one or two games a year
I just watched Ala v Michigan
I won't be a spoiler, but if you're only going to watch one NCAA game this year
Watch this one

VN Store

Back