Potpourri

Give me Emmy Lou, Alison Krause, or the best of the best - Patsy Cline
👏
If you like Alison Krause have you ever heard Nanci Griffith. Fabulous singer/songwriter. Was a big pal with Harlan Howard.
Love at the five and dime is one of my favorites.
Daddy was a sweet romancer and a darn good dancer. They waltzed the aisle at the five and dime. Just amazing voice and storyteller.

👏
If you like Alison Krause have you ever heard Nanci Griffith. Fabulous singer/songwriter. Was a big pal with Harlan Howard.
Love at the five and dime is one of my favorites.
Daddy was a sweet romancer and a darn good dancer. They waltzed the aisle at the five and dime. Just amazing voice and storyteller.

Yep, I like her mighty fine!

Reactions: Lucy
Weird thing to admit but for some reason her songs can bring me to tears. Kind of like Vince Gill singing about his brother Go Rest High Upon That Mountain
They can also make me laugh though Ford Econoline!

Perfect Pitch will do that to a person! Pure pure voice she has.

Weird thing to admit but for some reason her songs can bring me to tears. Kind of like Vince Gill singing about his brother Go Rest High Upon That Mountain
They can also make me laugh though Ford Econoline!
I always assumed it was written about Keith Whitley. So many of the lyrics tie in to Whitley. "You weren't afraid to face the devil, you were no stranger to the rain" mirror the lyrics in I'm No Stranger To The Rain, which include "I'm no stranger to the rain" and "I've fought with the devil, got down on his level."And then the 2nd verse "wish I could see the angels faces when they hear your sweet voice sing" seemed like a reference to a singer.

So I did a little research. He started the song when Keith Whitley died but finished it years later after his older brother died. Evidently both were troubled souls.
Just kills me everytime I hear it!

Reactions: creekdipper
It was the golden age of late night talk shows, and Carson was the only show to be on. Regulars like Don Rickles and Dom DeLoise, Rodney Dangerfield, Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jr always were a must see, so many others and so many great shows, here is one some of you may have seen with Dom and Don….Glen Campbell was also there and it was a fun night, watch it all if you have the time, great memories and big laughs….

Last edited:
The Wilheim scream....
Most of you have heard this scream many times in a movie....It's usually when some secondary guy is falling from a cliff, being eaten by a whatever, or a number of other tragedies...

The owner of that screaming voice is Sheb Wooley....He was a regular on a TV show called Rawhide, and a bunch of movies....He is also remembered as Cletus Summers (the principal) in Hoosiers...

By the way, he also sang "Flying Purple People Eater" some of you old timers will remember that tune...
51Q4eA9umqL.jpg

Reactions: krichunaka
Need a little computer help...

Had my computer cleaned and updated....Only thing is my old sites are gone.....I have found a few, but what is the name of the site we use to watch the games that are streamed, like ESPN2 or SECplus, etc?

It's where you register and give your carrier such as Direct TV, etc. and the games are streamed.

Computer is working great, but I'm a little lost now....

Need a little computer help...

Had my computer cleaned and updated....Only thing is my old sites are gone.....I have found a few, but what is the name of the site we use to watch the games that are streamed, like ESPN2 or SECplus, etc?

It's where you register and give your carrier such as Direct TV, etc. and the games are streamed.

Computer is working great, but I'm a little lost now....
Schedule | Watch ESPN

Reactions: GameTime

VN Store

Back