Potential Starting Line up and Rotation 2019-2020

You're dumb if you take that seriously.

Im saying the roster is so weak we better have some players play our of their minds to have a successful season.

Josiah James needs to be a full grown bull for us from day 1 and Turner and Bowden need to be the equivalent of what Chris Lofton and Jajuan Smith were for us.

On top of that you're never gonna find a good team without somebody you can throw it down low to and get a big bucket from so one of our gang of unproven posts have got to show something they havent yet.

You have to assume Fulkerson is better than Kent or Burns because he played over them so he's probably your best returning post.

Then you have a center who's currently ineligible and ORN.

Do you feel confident that Fulkerson can back down a 6'10 5 star from Kentucky and get a bucket?

Do you think ORN could either for that matter?

If you're confident in this gang you better have them playing in the Morristown Rec League.

The only person who looks "dumb" here is you given your sophomoric takes on this team's talent and college basketball in general. The issue is your ignorance in asserting this roster is "weak" when you have no clue who has developed and who is ready to step up because it happens every year in college basketball...guys leave, fans like you wring their hands about how we are doomed and...presto...a player(s) perform at a higher level.

Question who and to what degree we will have players step up all you want (post is definitely a concern) but make declarations at your own risk of looking silly because we have never had talent development or coaching X and O's like we have in Barnes and his staff.

Lmao at “you're never gonna find a good team without somebody you can throw it down low to and get a big bucket from”....this isn’t 1992

Lmao at “you're never gonna find a good team without somebody you can throw it down low to and get a big bucket from”....this isn’t 1992

Hopefully it swings back that way a little bit. The 3-PL needs to be pushed out even farther. Basketball has been turning into a modified game of H-O-R-S-E.

The opposite was a problem before the 3-PL. Having a dominating big man was a huge, unfair advantage.

Maybe if traveling was enforced again offenses wouldn't have such a huge advantage.

Reactions: ClockworkOrange
Devoe wanted to raise the basket to 12 feet. At the time I thought that he was crazy. I'm reconsidering. Nothing but dunks and 3s is boring. Probably don't need a center jump after every score again though.

I don't post much but wanted to throw my opinion out there. I have serious concerns about the coming season:

1) Nobody knows what we are going to get out of Burns, Kent, James or Plavsic considering they have not played yet. We need something out of at least 2 of them.
2) The development of Pons and Johnson. Will they step up? We need at least 1, preferably, both to show development. It is Pons third year and Johnsons fourth (I think, with the redshirt). It is time.
3) With Bone, Admiral and Grant gone Fulkerson is my favorite player, but he needs to come off the bench. If he is a starter then we are likely in trouble.

I just do not know how realistic it is to expect 3 or 4 guys listed in 1 & 2 to start producing. It is likely a rebuilding year. Considering it is Barnes 5th year, and with the the big contract he will not get much slack on this.

Last edited:
Reactions: sport3500
Fulky will be fine. Believe me. It’s the 5th spot and our depth that concerns me
When you consider fulky was playing spot minutes and had to blend into the flo pretty much instantly in his possessions his stats were actually impressive. Third in block shots and only playing 12 minutes is really in mho very impressive. if he doubles his minutes he could actually meet or surpass Alexander's production as a senior. I'm not really concerned about finding points with this team. Who steps up on defense is more of a concern especially in the front court. I remember well Barnes' words to Kent in his early practices as a freshmen, "Zack, You've got to guard somebody." Hope he's found some D in 3 years of practice.
PS I'd trade the addition of 25 more pounds most think Fulky needs for a decent medium range jump shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
When you consider fulky was playing spot minutes and had to blend into the flo pretty much instantly in his possessions his stats were actually impressive. Third in block shots and only playing 12 minutes is really in mho very impressive. if he doubles his minutes he could actually meet or surpass Alexander's production as a senior. I'm not really concerned about finding points with this team. Who steps up on defense is more of a concern especially in the front court. I remember well Barnes' words to Kent in his early practices as a freshmen, "Zack, You've got to guard somebody." Hope he's found some D in 3 years of practice.
PS I'd trade the addition of 25 more pounds most think Fulky needs for a decent medium range jump shot.
He fouled too much and would make some boneheaded plays on occasion. The latter should improve with another year. He’s kind of a pest on defense but concerned w the depth behind him if/when he gets into foul trouble

He fouled too much and would make some boneheaded plays on occasion. The latter should improve with another year. He’s kind of a pest on defense but concerned w the depth behind him if/when he gets into foul trouble
May have been hopeful thinking or my imagination but he seemed to settle down, foul less and make better judgments later in the season. Yep, everything behind him is a question mark right now. Can't wait to see who steps up.

My only criticism of Fulkerson is that many times he seems surprised when someone passes to him in the post. He needs to want the ball more.

I've come to wonder if the speed of the game at this level freaks him out a little. It always seems like he's "rushing" on offense, hurriedly slamming something up there rather than gathering himself and working with some patience. It has made me wonder if he is overreacting -- thinking he simply has to get off a shot as quickly as possible to avoid getting stuffed. I'm hoping things are slowing down for him now and he'll do better this coming season.

I expect there to be some growing pains this season especially early on. Tennessee will lose the close games with a lot of new pieces we found ways to win last year thanks to Grant and Admiral. My hope is by the end of the season we will see how good Bowden and James can be and one of our bigs, probably Plavsic, has shown himself to be a strong force inside going forward. I think getting into the NCAA is possible but probably on the bubble. I think this season will be building towards next year where we will have some nice pieces in place that an outstanding freshman class can push into the elite status again. Unfortunately we will have to hear from folks like Roust and Sweet Daddy about how bad we are and Barnes sucks until they get it all together.

Says a fan of a team who threw it down on the block to Grant Williams on every possession.

Dont feel threatened Big Man.

I dont think you're Dick Vitale.

The only person who looks "dumb" here is you given your sophomoric takes on this team's talent and college basketball in general..

Sophomoric?

Remember first that I havent disrespected anyone in my posts but maybe Fulkerson and Pember and all Ive done is expressed opinions.

I think that's what message boards are for right?

As far as my "sophomoric" takes Ill gladly put my basketball knowledge and resume against yours any day.

Like Ive said before Im not here for a pissing contest or for anyone to think I have special sources.

PG- Turner
SG- Bowden
SF- Pons
PF- Fulkerson
C- Plavsic (if eligible)

Bench

PG- James
SG- Johnson
SF- Gaines
PF- ORN
C- Kent/Burns

Starting 5: James, Turner, Bowden, Fulkerson, Plavsic
6th man: Johnson
Key Reserves: Pons, Burns, Kent

Since when did Kent have a “spot.”

You can click on the "user said" part of the quote to see the message that was being referenced.

But since you seem to be a bit lost, this thread is for speculating potential line-ups, and in my post, I said Kent would be a key reserve.

You can click on the "user said" part of the quote to see the message that was being referenced.

But since you seem to be a bit lost, this thread is for speculating potential line-ups, and in my post, I said Kent would be a key reserve.
Your post didn’t have a quote.

CBD3E290-49AC-4C7C-87B7-75DE3387735C.png

VN Store

Back