Potential Path to Victory

Honestly, I think we’ve got to give Alabama some different looks this game. Bear with me. If we came out shotgun with two running backs and did a triple option type set, would be cool. Put two of our three great running backs in the game for them to think about. When Milton has ran that speed option, we’ve gotten some yards. We’ve GOT to eat some clock which is weird for us but Milton’s lack of abilities gives us too many three and outs.

Bama’s Oline has been terrible; our Dline must get to Milroe early and often. Our offense has to be at least successful to the point of keeping the defense off the field. I think we can win a tight game if Milton has a decent game; doesn’t have to be extraordinary just limit mistakes. A WR has to step up as well; we really have had no one step up and be the solid reliable wr that has chemistry with Milton. Need at least one guy to emerge there. Rbs just have to do what they normally do, that’s one of the best groups in the country right now.

No missed scoring chances, points will be at a premium.
Receivers running crisp routes, catching the football.
Control the line of scrimmage, both sides.
Limit the penalties. They are drive killers/extenders.
I agree, but think both teams will have missed scoring opportunities due to the dominant defenses.

Heupel has adapted at just the right time in my opinion. Teams in the SEC (and across the NCAA) have been gearing up to stop the prolific passing offenses that rely on big play production. Defenses have adjusted their recruitment and schemes around this shift. Yes, Tennessee was a solid running team last year...But, this year has taken a huge leap forward. At the beginning of the year many were frustrated with the WR screen plays. I believed in the preseason this would be a huge part of our offense due to two things. 1) Milton can get it out there faster than Hooker. 2) This will force DB's to play tighter on the outside. Why? This opens up the running game. Milton has improved the running game because of the potential of a quicker ball. Now, as we roll into the Bama game, Kevin Steele has to decide how to defend this aspect of our O. Tennessee can run the ball better than Texas. Texas ran all over Bama. The only question is this...can Milton keep Bama honest on the outside enough to keep the box a man down? I think he can. I think Milton goes for 170 and a TD. I think Bama stacks to stop the run and the outside passing game opens up for 7 yds a screen play. Bama will get stuck in the awful game of trying to even themselves out and not committing fully in one direction. Tennessee takes advantage for 28 pts. Will it be enough...don't know. But I like our chances.
I forgot Steele was their DC so we have a better than expected chance put up points

Reactions: deezvols
Our offense seemed bad last week but I think we've all expected to see last year's offense. IMO, we should embrace the running game completely and let Joe run about 20 times. He rarely gets negative yardage and actually knocks defenders out. We moved the ball pretty well when he started running in the 4th quarter. I'd like to see him throw only 10-15 times.

The path to victory is reading the 7 maxims and doing everything in your power to apply each one.

Stop the freaking penalties! Keep drives alive. Three and out kills us and flips field position too easily. No turnovers. Score TDS when in the red zone. We don’t have to play the greatest game ever, just play clean, smart and kick butt on Defense and Special teams. We can win like that with a decent running attack and RPOs. Joe needs to pull it down and run quicker. Watch Dobbs game film and take off.

VN Store

Back