Potential Mississippi State Women Players??

Spook1

Ancient Vol
With the Mississippi State coach going to Texas is there any chance that the Lady Vols can pick up some of the Mississippi State players? We need a couple more good ones to go with the one just obtained from Liberty University. With the Lady Vols potentially losing two players it might not be all that bad. One of them is the "queen" of turnovers.

Reactions: FormerLadyVolFan
I will take R. Jackson or a point guard. A few may follow Vic.
If the transfer portal stays open who knows when the transfers end

I will take R. Jackson or a point guard. A few may follow Vic.
If the transfer portal stays open who knows when the transfers end
Other than Chloe Bibby, Myah Taylor and the incoming freshman Gaston, I would be shocked if any of the other players followed him. They do not sound too happy with him, and some sound downright bitter.

But if the store was open for shopping...Jackson, Cooks, Carter, Mingo Young, Matharu, Espinoza Hunter, Taylor, Wiggins, Morris would be my draft order.

Other than Chloe Bibby, Myah Taylor and the incoming freshman Gaston, I would be shocked if any of the other players followed him. They do not sound too happy with him, and some sound downright bitter.

But if the store was open for shopping...Jackson, Cooks, Carter, Mingo Young, Matharu, Espinoza Hunter, Taylor, Wiggins, Morris would be my draft order.
I don’t see Myah following him. She has an ideal situation being close to home. If McCray does keep everyone intact, it’ll be interesting to see who starts.

The only players who have said they are for sure staying are Cooks, Espinoza-Hunter, and Myah Taylor. I have no clue about the others.

Horston , Cooke , and Jackson took their visits together! Some talked like they would go to the same schools and play together?
However, we got Horston and SC got Cooke and Jackson to Miss. St.

Jackson would be a big get but I don’t think she would want to sit out a year just to play with Jordan ..... Please don’t go to South Carolina !

Instagram

Well I wish Nikki best... I also hope she is able to keep the majority of the team together.

Any inside scoop on how people are feeling about the hire? Were they hyped when they heard Walz name or were they thinking this was another move for him to get more money from UL.

Horston , Cooke , and Jackson took their visits together! Some talked like they would go to the same schools and play together?
However, we got Horston and SC got Cooke and Jackson to Miss. St.

Jackson would be a big get but I don’t think she would want to sit out a year just to play with Jordan ..... Please don’t go to South Carolina !

I still remember Jackson's words..." I want to be the best basketball player in college basketball. Period " .....As a coach, those words are music to my ears

Come one down, Rickea

With the Lady Vols potentially losing two players it might not be all that bad. One of them is the "queen" of turnovers.
Don't mean to be harsh, but let's be real. The "queen of turnovers" is staying, she's our new point guard of the future. Unless you mean queen of turnovers in a good way, as in tops in the league in assist/to ratio, and she's leaving. We are looking at a starting backcourt of by far the 3 most prolific turnover makers on the team, responsible for well over half the team's many many tos last season. We just have to hope and pray the queen and her court will abdicate the t.o. throne over the summer.

Well I wish Nikki best... I also hope she is able to keep the majority of the team together.

Any inside scoop on how people are feeling about the hire? Were they hyped when they heard Walz name or were they thinking this was another move for him to get more money from UL.

Absolutely. Always pull for a Vol. Go Nikki! That makes 3 former Lady Vols HC's in the SEC. Tribute to Pat.

Has anyone heard if and when the new 1 free transfer may be in effect?

My memory is a little hazy, but I think I read that the NCAA will vote on the issue in May 2020.

Based on the NCAA’s proposal, four criteria would need to be satisfied for transfers to play immediately: They must receive a release from their previous school, leave the school academically eligible, maintain academic progress after transferring and leave in good disciplinary standing.

Last edited:
Don't mean to be harsh, but let's be real. The "queen of turnovers" is staying, she's our new point guard of the future. Unless you mean queen of turnovers in a good way, as in tops in the league in assist/to ratio, and she's leaving. We are looking at a starting backcourt of by far the 3 most prolific turnover makers on the team, responsible for well over half the team's many many tos last season. We just have to hope and pray the queen and her court will abdicate the t.o. throne over the summer.
Oh you most definitely mean to be harsh...

With the Lady Vols potentially losing two players it might not be all that bad. One of them is the "queen" of turnovers.
Oh you most definitely mean to be harsh...
I should have quoted that first post in my "harsh" response. The one looking on the bright side of the departures because in the posters confused mind, it ridded us of "the queen of turnovers." If you watched the LVs even casually last season, you know how whacked that statement is.

Sounds like all of the MSST players outside of the two that previously announced their transfers have doubled down on their commitment to the Bulldogs...most recently Jessika Carter and Rickea Jackson, which were the two biggest prizes. Incoming freshmen Madison Hayes and Deyonna Gaston are still on the table, and both of them would look real nice in orange, I think...

I would really like to see a strong push for Chloe Bibby, though...

VN Store

Back