Postponed Texas A&M game is set for February 14

I don't know what to believe about those Aggies. When I've seen them play, they were not impressive. Saw them several times this season to base my opinion but the thing is.....they continue to win. Championship teams always find a way to win so this game will be a great barometer of where we are at present. We didn't beat #3 on our home court but are we better now than we were then?

REVISED FEB. 14 SEC WOMEN'S BASKETBALL SCHEDULE
LSU at South Carolina (Noon ET / SEC Network)
Georgia at Missouri (2 p.m. ET / SEC Network)
Tennessee at Texas A&M (3 p.m. ET / ESPN)
Mississippi State at Ole Miss (4 p.m. ET / SEC Network)
Alabama at Auburn (6 p.m. ET / SEC Network)

The telling game will be the Mississippi rivals. Should Old Miss win!

Let`s be clear Old Miss has some very talented players and ever since the coach moved 6-1 fr guard Silentianna Collins into the lineup they played much better and she is very athletic to. Yes we won the game but look for this team to make a lot of noise next season.

I don't know what to believe about those Aggies. When I've seen them play, they were not impressive. Saw them several times this season to base my opinion but the thing is.....they continue to win. Championship teams always find a way to win so this game will be a great barometer of where we are at present. We didn't beat #3 on our home court but are we better now than we were then?

Their biggest advantage is their depth. With all their high profile transfers they go very deep on the perimeter. If someone is having an off night he has Pitts, Zaay Green and Alexis Morris ready to go. Jordan Nixon won both games for them against Arkansas. Those are all players they didn’t have a season ago. In the post they don’t have as much depth. Jones and Johnson are formidable but if you can get one of them in foul trouble they have no backup in the post.

Driemane and Perry have been non-factors and haven’t even entered every game. They got beat on the boards by LSU both times they played. If we rebound the basketball we can beat them I believe. I think Johnson and Jones will have a hard time scoring.

Their offense has been stagnate at times. If we can defend them well I say we win 70-62. Will be a slow paced game very likely.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Their biggest advantage is their depth. With all their high profile transfers they go very deep on the perimeter. If someone is having an off night he has Pitts, Zaay Green and Alexis Morris ready to go. Jordan Nixon won both games for them against Arkansas. Those are all players they didn’t have a season ago. In the post they don’t have as much depth. Jones and Johnson are formidable but if you can get one of them in foul trouble they have no backup in the post.

Driemane and Perry have been non-factors and haven’t even entered every game. They got beat on the boards by LSU both times they played. If we rebound the basketball we can beat them I believe. I think Johnson and Jones will have a hard time scoring.

Their offense has been stagnate at times. If we can defend them well I say we win 70-62. Will be a slow paced game very likely.

I forgot her name, but the main backup post can provide serviceable minutes against most teams. She's big and takes up a lot of space. But she's a big drop off from Ciera in offensive production.

They do have great perimeter players, and Kayla Wells has been playing better as of late. If the three perimeter players on the court are aggressive and scoring...which they are all highly capable of doing...that opens things up for the inside. I don't think Johnson will able to physically assert herself against Key, but I think she can against KK. Key to the game is...well...keeping Key in the game and out of foul trouble.

I forgot her name, but the main backup post can provide serviceable minutes against most teams. She's big and takes up a lot of space. But she's a big drop off from Ciera in offensive production.

They do have great perimeter players, and Kayla Wells has been playing better as of late. If the three perimeter players on the court are aggressive and scoring...which they are all highly capable of doing...that opens things up for the inside. I don't think Johnson will able to physically assert herself against Key, but I think she can against KK. Key to the game is...well...keeping Key in the game and out of foul trouble.

They don’t have a backup post. I think you’re thinking of Tofaeono but she averages only about 4 minutes a game. Plays a similar role to Emily. Would not call Emily a true backup either. More of an emergency.

Usually if Johnson or Jones have to come out for some reason they go small and move to a 4 guard lineup. Have seen them do that a few times and suspect we will see that Thursday.

Unless Marta’s back KK will be guarding the 4 again. He will try to force her to guard on the perimeter.

Last edited:
I was more than surprised A&Ms lack of recruiting freshmen and the emphasis on getting second changers from other universities. probably saves a lot on recruiting budget, although they have much donar money.

I was more than surprised A&Ms lack of recruiting freshmen and the emphasis on getting second changers from other universities. probably saves a lot on recruiting budget, although they have much donar money.

I think he is trying to field a team that is capable of winning today and sees a faster path to improve the teams talent.

REVISED FEB. 14 SEC WOMEN'S BASKETBALL SCHEDULE
LSU at South Carolina (Noon ET / SEC Network)
Georgia at Missouri (2 p.m. ET / SEC Network)
Tennessee at Texas A&M (3 p.m. ET / ESPN)
Mississippi State at Ole Miss (4 p.m. ET / SEC Network)
Alabama at Auburn (6 p.m. ET / SEC Network)

A Valentine's Day Treat For SEC Fanatics.

VN Store

Back