Posted without comment

All I can say about this is how Butch Jones is the biggest talker we have had as head coach in my lifetime (which began when Neyland was still coach. Then after the FL game he got hissy when people started doubting his rap. Now we have threads like this trying to make a man who quite literally teaches his players to be "prideful" into some kind of a saint. He is a football coach, and his job is to coach the team to wins, not to give up 9-0 leads in the fourth quarter. Enough of the Saint Butch crap.

Talk vs. results. Process vs. outcomes. It's time alright.

Come on, man. Old as you claim to be, you should know good and well that literally every coach of any sport ever has told his players to be proud of their team, proud of their teammates, and proud of what they represent. You can safely assume that includes the General.

I don't think it's the team prayer as much as it is the fact that you can see it's not just part of a pregame ritual and that CBJ is sincere in the action. That matters to some people... Me being one of those.

i'm pretty sure it is a pregame ritual

Agree. But he prays, so he gets a pass.

Short-bus.jpg

We all love football, however in the end when we are ready to face our time.. what they are doing in that picture.... is what matters to each person on this earth, whether you believe or not. I like the comment I have heard concerning non-believers.. if you were in a foxhole .. no matter who you are... we all become religious, it is natural, it is what each individuals life comes down to, making a choice.

Awesome pic....... Go Vols!

VNooga, sadly, you would never understand or get it....

I'll admit it...I laughed a little. I'm sure I'll regret asking, but if you happen to jump back in this thread, I'd love it if you would humor me with what it is I'll "never understand or get it".

It's a nice picture, but please don't kid yourself in thinking that hundreds upon hundreds of coaches do not do this every weekend. Dropping to a knee and hold hands during the team prayer is customary. This isn't a CBJ original.

Reactions: 1 person
I'll admit it...I laughed a little. I'm sure I'll regret asking, but if you happen to jump back in this thread, I'd love it if you would humor me with what it is I'll "never understand or get it".

It's a nice picture, but please don't kid yourself in thinking that hundreds upon hundreds of coaches do not do this every weekend. Dropping to a knee and hold hands during the team prayer is customary. This isn't a CBJ original.

You're dramatically overcomplicating this topic. It's just a cool behind-the-scenes picture. If you don't care for it, don't look at it.

Ahh c'mon it is October - where are the Satan worshippers or at least the witches & wiccans? If you want to quickly increase your LIKES on a sports forum, simply reference religion. It's GOLD Jerry - Gold....

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back