Post your Miami Scores

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
It's officially Miami week and the Vols have a lot to play for. Are they capable of winning this one if they pull it all together?

Post your scores.

Capable? Yes. I have approximated their chances to be 1 in a million.

STAT YOU ASKED FOR:

Coach Fulmer versus the top ten 11-14

Vol-Star I knew I could count on you.

That's actually better than I thought it would be.

Buerlin may not be the best, but he's yet to play the Vols. We are going to make a superstar out of him. Whoever is running the ball will also see a boost in his stats as our offensive line once again clears the way for big numbers.

Vol fans, watch the first 5 minutes of the game closely. After that, you'll be uninterested because of the pounding Miami will be dishing out.

Really, this game means nothing for UT except to salvage a little respect. Not going to happen. Miami wants to start a new streak and is still steaming from the poor performance they had last week. Lots of extra running in practice and bed checks will insure that the Canes are ready.

Final score:

Miami - 52
UT - 10

Blowout city.

Tennessee vs Miami - the un-Cola (read, the biggest non-big-game big game)

Here is the way I see it....

Tennessee is famous for looking like bafoons in large national games against teams with equal or better talent, aka Havana Hurricanes. This game will be laughable. We can't yet know the reason or the process, but oh yes, laughable.

Here is the RULE for watching UT play in a game such as this: We will make several predictable, unpredictable bad plays - that is to say, we can't be sure what form the "Bad News Bears" will take, but take the form they will. Be it a fumbled punt return, interception return for a TD, fumbled snap that goes for a TD, players think the whistle blew on a live ball, too many players on the field on 4th down, yada yada yada. You heard it here first (think GA this year, GA 2001, FLA forever, BAMA through the mid-90's, etc.)

Oh yeah, what do any of the above scenarios have to do with talent? Nada - zilch. I for one believe our talent is down - who could really argue with that? The MAJOR mistakes we make to lose games are borne out of LEADERSHIP, or lack thereof. The tendencies of human performance and personal development generally show that, under extreme conditions, those that are MENTALLY prepared and operating under a FRAMEWORK of SUCCESSFUL HABITS outperform the "average" that is unique to them. The opposite is true when looking at the inverse of those personal characteristics - they exhibit a penchant for performing in a "predictable unpredictably" poor fashion.

Dr Vol-Phil says this:

Miami 34
TN 13

We will suck, no doubt. When it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...it's probably a duck. The only thing keeping me from predicting something along the lines of armegeddon is the fact that Miami is not exactly clicking like a great team (and that is not jumping all over them for the VA Tech game). Their offense has its own unique inefficiencies, for whatever reason (QB play is average, RB is just OK, and WR's are a lot like ours - they look pretty talented, but they don't always do a whole lot).

Volileo-Star

Are you guys done yet?

Allright guys and gals open up the flame gates. I am ready for the namecalling to come my way. Step right up and take your shot. Regardless I am picking the Vols to cover the.............to win the game. I know you think I have lost it right? Maybe so, but I am predicting a win in this game. The only one so far to do so. Old School Vol mentioned us playing well as dogs and I think he is right. It's not just us playing as underdogs but the fact that no one is giving us any kind of a chance to win the game. Those are the best kind of games for our Vols to win. Wait, there is more...my weird logic continues. I think this team has had their chances this year to do something special twice: follow up the Florida game with a win against Auburn and then a chance to take the SEC lead with a win over Georgia. They failed twice in a row. They won't fail three times.

This team has talent and this team (regarless of what some might say) has capable coaches. They have both won big games before and they can win a big game again. These players have been through a lot this year. They have read their press clippings and heard the fans rumblings. This Saturday they can walk out on that field and if they can muster up enough pride and enough determination they can make it all go away.

I am hoping that the Vols have played enough bad football this year to get it all out of their system. I think the staff and the players come into this game loose with nothing to lose. Believe it or not, I even have faith that our coaches will call this game with an all or nothing attiude. I am even predicting a trick play.....a good trick play. This play will open the flood gates and give our team the confidence that they need to win this game. Most will be suprised that we even had this play in our arsenal. My only concern here is that we use it too late in the game. When and if you see this happen you too will start to believe. And rightfully so because we will finish it and then my friends UT will have another classic Volunteer upset that could only be topped if John Ward was announcing the game. Just Believe!

Vols 30
Canes 23

It's why they play the games. To the Canes I say BRING IT!

Wake up Freak. Time to go to work. Wake up!

I see this: All the UT players are excited about the chance to be in the SEC championship game thanks to Florida. BUT, each and every player on the team also realizes we have no shot at a national title. We can only hope for the SEC championship. All players on UT also realize that Miami isn't in the SEC. Sure, they want to win. But if they get down a TD or 2, that little thought in the back of their mind reminds them that this game doesn't really matter. They are playing for the SEC championship and this game doesn't matter. Sure, it'd be great to win, but if we loose it isn't the end of the world. We can still get a BCS bid. It's that little tought that will destroy our chances (like we had any).

Freak I would love to agree with you but that hornet's nest took a great thumping last week and they are ready to let go of some pain.

Tennessee is going to be taken to the Wood Shead.

Miami- 45
Tennessee 13

I'm going to say we take a beating too...woodshed style:

UT 9 (3 stinking field goals)

Miami 31

This score is closer than game seemed:

Fulmer gets cornered at halftime and gets asked what can UT do in the second half to keep themselves in the game (score is 14 to 3 at halftime). Full Pilmer says, "...well we're fortunate to just be down 11 after 5 fumbles and 2 interceptions. Miami's a very good team and we knew coming in here we'd have our hands full. I think we'll see if we can open up the offense a bit more by having our offensive line block in the second half so we can run."

No suprise here, all 5 at cbssportsline.com pick Canes.

CBS

:finger:

I remember when we were 18 point underdogs in the Swamp.

Vols 24

Canes 20

GO VOLS!!!! Make me look SANE!!

Lady:

I love your optimism. If I had my rathers, I would just as soon look for ANY plausible scenario where the Vols would win. Unfortunately, I just don't see it.

There don't seem to be any similarities between this game and the '01 Florida game. The reason, in my view, that we were such big underdogs going into the FL game were: 1) We have historically laid an egg against them, 2) It was in the Swamp, and 3) Florida had a very explosive offense.

HOWEVER, we had a VERY talented team that year that played decently most of the time, even if not great; but we had the guns to get it done. So, Florida didn't have a talent edge over us like Miami does now, so we had a good shot.

This version of the Vols is much less talented, and has shown a penchant for stale performance. They don't play EVEN to level they are capable of, whatever that is. Having said that, I don't think Miami executes all that well either.

Now, if we had the '01 team going down there, I would feel much better. THAT team was MORE talented than THIS Miami team.

Dad-gummit, I just don't think we have it in us. But what the heck, we get chance tomorrow at 12:00 est to play it out.

Vol-Star

Berlin is beatable. It's the defense we have to worry about. But something in my gut tells me the Vols WANT this game. The whole team oughtta kill themselves trying just for the seniors' sakes. If the Vols score first, mark it down -we win. If we lose I will come back for my plate of crow. :wassup:

LadyinOrange we are glad to have "the real you" back. I seem to rember a preditction by you in another thread after the Duke game. I like this pick better ;)

Looks like LadyinOrange just edged me out in picking the score. Congrats! I will take my comfort in being 1 of only 2 to have any faith in this team.

Originally posted by TitanVol@Nov 8 2003, 02:42 PM
LadyinOrange we are glad to have "the real you" back. I seem to rember a preditction by you in another thread after the Duke game. I like this pick better ;)

:( I know and I regret that, too. :( But you can mark this down, I may be down on the Vols on Monday, but I'll screaming my head off and pulling for them come Saturday!!! Always!!

Ah yes, the ups and downs of being a football fan.

If my Titans can just beat Miami tomorrow I will have the sweep. Everything will be great....until next week when we can start complaining again.

Strange and cruel for Miami fans. I hate that they will have to lose to Tennessee again tomorrow. Must be like a bad dream.

VN Store

Back