Campbell
leipold
Napier
Elliot
Chadwell
Fleck
Steele
Dykes

I'm completely ready to be underwhelmed and upset by the hc hire. I was excited about the ad hire, but I don't have enough faith in tennessee athletics to make two good decisions in one year (yet)

I feel like Greg Schiano is a better hire than what we are about to get. I have no confidence in the current admin. I hope they prove me wrong.
??? The current admin just forced out the shi**iest HC in UT hx w/ NO BUYOUT, told Phil to hit the bricks, and hired one of the best AD's in the country, and did it all in less than ONE WEEK. What doesn't give you confidence there?

I still say that Pat Fitzgerald at Northwestern, Josh Heupel at UCF and Dave Clawson at Wake Forest Are my off the radar picks. Heupel obviously already has had a working relationship with White. All good coaches, run clean programs, builders and good recruiters and well respected.
Clawson would be so ironic. The man who got Fulmer fired...

Matt Campbell seems to be a midwest guy who is waiting for Notre Dame or Ohio State to come open. I would think it would be a major long shot to get him to come south.

I am leaning more towards Gus. He doesn't have an exciting personality or bring a lot of energy, but he has proven experience as an SEC HC and has recruited at a high level at an SEC school getting his fair share of wins. He also has beaten Saban which if he can get UT to the level of actually having a prayer of doing that...I will take it. His upside is probably limited somewhat, but you are really rolling the dice with some of these lower tier coaches/coordinators which could work out ( the next Dabo etc...)or leave you with another Dooley, CBJ or CJP.

VN Store

Back