Post NSD Depth Chart?

RowdyTop

Great signing day today!

Just curious as to y’alls predictions for the two deep next with our new recruits?

Reactions: Vol49er
QB- JG, Shrout
RB- Chandler, Gray
WR- Callaway, Murphy
WR- Jennings, Johnson
WR- Palmer, Keyton
TE- Wood-Anderson, Lowe
OT- Morris, Tatum
G- J Johnson, Lane
C- Kennedy, R Johnson
G- Carvin, Lampley
OT- Wright, Niehaus

DE- Mincey, Middleton
N- Gooden, Emerson
DE- Williams, Butler
OLB- Taylor, Johnson
ILB- Bituli, Kirkland
ILB- Peterson, Ignont
OLB- Crouch, To’oto’o
CB- Thompson, Burrell
S- Warrior, McCollough
S- Flowers, Jackson
CB- Taylor, Fields
Star- Buchanan, Shamburger

And I think Solomon is a starter on the D-line if he gets the wavier

Last edited:
QB- JG, Shrout
RB- Chandler, Gray
WR- Callaway, Murphy
WR- Jennings, Johnson
WR- Palmer, Keyton
TE- Wood-Anderson, Lowe
OT- Morris, Tatum
G- Johnson, Lane
C- Kennedy, Johnson
G- Carvin, Lampley
OT- Wright, Niehaus

DE- Mincey, Middleton
N- Gooden, Emerson
DE- Williams, Butler
OLB- Taylor, Johnson
ILB- Bituli, Kirkland
ILB- Peterson, Ignont
OLB- Crouch, To’oto’o
CB- Thompson, Burrell
S- Warrior, McCollough
S- Flowers, Jackson
CB- Taylor, Fields

Is it official that Trey Smith is done for good?

Is it official that Trey Smith is done for good?
Oh I dont have any insider info or anything, but just from what I’ve read on here, seems more likely than not that he is finished. I’m also assuming Richmond transfers

QB- JG, Shrout
RB- Chandler, Gray
WR- Callaway, Murphy
WR- Jennings, Johnson
WR- Palmer, Keyton
TE- Wood-Anderson, Lowe
OT- Morris, Tatum
G- Johnson, Lane
C- Kennedy, Johnson
G- Carvin, Lampley
OT- Wright, Niehaus

DE- Mincey, Middleton
N- Gooden, Emerson
DE- Williams, Butler
OLB- Taylor, Johnson
ILB- Bituli, Kirkland
ILB- Peterson, Ignont
OLB- Crouch, To’oto’o
CB- Thompson, Burrell
S- Warrior, McCollough
S- Flowers, Jackson
CB- Taylor, Fields

Gibbs has the talent to be a two way guy given the right packages.

Solo is a true NT and will eat dudes for lunch

Gibbs has the talent to be a two way guy given the right packages.

Solo is a true NT and will eat dudes for lunch
I’m thinking Gibbs won’t play too much since we’re pretty solid at WR and he’s gotta relearn the position, but we’ll see. And I’m really excited to see Solomon whenever he’s able to play

I’m thinking Gibbs won’t play too much since we’re pretty solid at WR and he’s gotta relearn the position, but we’ll see. And I’m really excited to see Solomon whenever he’s able to play

He’s also got to get his head back on straight. I think he will and he’ll be fine and do well whenever he gets his chance

giphy.gif

You don't see Kirkland sliding off the mic, keeping Peterson 2nd string?

If not he honestly needs to be.
There’s more to life than the game of football. Earn a degree from a prestigious university and put it to use.

Needs to be? I just hope the UT maintains his scholarship so his endeavor at the UT wasn't all for nothing. After all, he did TRY to play for the O&W after his first treatment and it cost him. Least the UT can do is return his loyalty.

Reactions: RollerVol
A LOT of competition was added. So much more depth. I'll give it a crack.

QB Jarret G, JT Shrout
RB Chandler, Jordan
TE D Wood-Anderson
FL Palmer, Keyton
SE Callaway, Murphy
SL Jennings, Byrd
LT Wright, Tatum
LG Morris, Carvin
C R Johnson, Kennedy
RG J Johnson, Locklear
RT Tatum, N Niehlus

DE Emerson, Butler
NT Gooden, Harris
DE Williams, Mincey
OLB Harrison, Allen
ILB Bituli, Kirkland
MLB To'oto'o, Banks
JK D Taylor, Crouch
CB Thompson, Solomon
CB Burrell, Buchanan
ST A Taylor, Thompson
NB Thompson, Fields
SS Warrior, McCullough
FS Flowers, Jackson

5 total Freshman starting with more in the two deep.
JJ Peterson will factor in much more after Kirkland, Bituli and Taylor leave.
Will Ignot will play as well.
QB will be a one of the Freshman by season's end.
That secondary has a lot of new talent. If Anthony Harris comes then look for him to play NB and FS and probably start at either.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolInDayton
Part of me doubts we see Wright start day 1 at LT. Tatum held his own there under weight, if he beefs up this off season I think we see him at LT at least for the first few games and the Wright slides to RT and Morris to a guard position.

Reactions: Nashvol2
Needs to be? I just hope the UT maintains his scholarship so his endeavor at the UT wasn't all for nothing. After all, he did TRY to play for the O&W after his first treatment and it cost him. Least the UT can do is return his loyalty.

hope the administration is not that stupid to take away his scholarship...they would be eaten alive by the media and the fanbase...:D

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

A LOT of competition was added. So much more depth. I'll give it a crack.

QB Jarret G, JT Shrout
RB Chandler, Jordan
TE D Wood-Anderson
FL Palmer, Keyton
SE Callaway, Murphy
SL Jennings, Byrd
LT Wright, Tatum
LG Morris, Carvin
C R Johnson, Kennedy
RG J Johnson, Locklear
RT Tatum, N Niehlus

DE Emerson, Butler
NT Gooden, Harris
DE Williams, Mincey
OLB Harrison, Allen
ILB Bituli, Kirkland
MLB To'oto'o, Banks
JK D Taylor, Crouch
CB Thompson, Solomon
CB Burrell, Buchanan
ST A Taylor, Thompson
NB Thompson, Fields
SS Warrior, McCullough
FS Flowers, Jackson

5 total Freshman starting with more in the two deep.
JJ Peterson will factor in much more after Kirkland, Bituli and Taylor leave.
Will Ignot will play as well.
QB will be a one of the Freshman by season's end.
That secondary has a lot of new talent. If Anthony Harris comes then look for him to play NB and FS and probably start at either.

I don't see how they keep Peterson off the field, he has more upside than any LB we have except for maybe Crouch. With a full year in the system I think he will be starter first game.

I’m not gonna say it has never happened, but in the last 2 decades of TN football UT has not pulled a scholly following medical retirement for football. I don’t recall where the money comes from but they lose their athletic scholarship (technically) so they don’t count against FB numbers, and they pick up another scholarship that’s funds their education.

Tennessee 2019 Football ScholarshipDistribution

Here is who we have on the roster some will have to leave by the beginning of the season. Were at 90 when the other players begin school so 8 players want be back. I can see that being some of the TE as well as OL people. Richmond listed already gone. Couple others listed as well.

Last edited:

He needs to sit down and have that conversation. In no way should the university just give up on the man that would be a cruel injustice but clearing him would be far worse.

QB- JG, Shrout
RB- Chandler, Gray
WR- Callaway, Murphy
WR- Jennings, Johnson
WR- Palmer, Keyton
TE- Wood-Anderson, Lowe
OT- Morris, Tatum
G- Johnson, Lane
C- Kennedy, Johnson
G- Carvin, Lampley
OT- Wright, Niehaus

DE- Mincey, Middleton
N- Gooden, Emerson
DE- Williams, Butler
OLB- Taylor, Johnson
ILB- Bituli, Kirkland
ILB- Peterson, Ignont
OLB- Crouch, To’oto’o
CB- Thompson, Burrell
S- Warrior, McCollough
S- Flowers, Jackson
CB- Taylor, Fields

I don’t think Jordan loses his spot to Gray this year. Honestly I wish we’d give Jordan the ball more

He needs to sit down and have that conversation. In no way should the university just give up on the man that would be a cruel injustice but clearing him would be far worse.
He will not lose his scholarship...They just put 2 football players on medical scholarship this past year. The scholarship doesn't count towards football teams 85 scholarship max.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
Morris will probably figure at guard, next to a veteran Tackle on the Left side. Wright will probably be RT next to an experienced RG. Kennedy in the middle. the rest of the incoming OL will be rotational players at best, and any/all could see the field depending on situation.

Chandler and Jordan will probably get the lion's share of snaps ar RB, but Grey will see the field plenty.

not sure where/how Keyton figures in, still pretty deep right now at WR. could see time in blow out type games.

the TE's....DWA is still the guy, and depending on whehter or not (and i think he will) Sean Brown gets moved to DE, Lowe's playing time will be dictated on how well he picks up all the blocking schemes.

on defense, i think you could see basicaly everyone play on the DL rotaion...lol, so i won't even hazard a guess as to who starts. except to say Gooden is likely on top of whatever depth chart that comes out.

at LB....i'm not sure DKjr is anything more than a depth guy at this point.. he's not the same player anymore. Bituli, JJ Peterson, Taylor, Ignont, To'oto'o, Crouch....i think will all see the field in some capacity.

in the secondary you still have plenty of options at Safety and Nickel...Warrior, Shamburger, Flowers, Buchannon, Osbourne...and at CB you have Taylor and Thompson probably penciled in as the 1's. so i'm not sure where guys like Beasley, Mcolough, Harris, Fields and BUrrell figure in right away....the EE's will have a shot though.

plus, i still think we see some more transfers out, so that will impact this as we go along.

Reactions: FïreBall

VN Store

Back