Post game player comments

Wayna Morris was talking about why he chose Tennesse over so many other blue chip offers because he loved the staff and they're vision, and how he still believes that. Nigel Warrior was talking about the bonds that the players are forging, how they are playing for each other and how they are rallying around each other. How they want to help set the foundation for the future. I got that same vibe from everyone. Maybe I was drunk on the win and seeing things through orange colored glasses. But I liked what I was hearing.

My sense is that leadership and brotherhood is emerging. From the seniors to the freshman everyone seemed committed to the future of the program The pretenders are gone. Not sure how many wins this will translate into but it's good to hear and a foundation for future.

They took some positive steps forward. More important than their comments was how they overcame adversity. Maurer going down, and T'ooT'oo getting sent off could have caused them to panic, but they stayed focused in this game. Right now, I don't know if they will step forward more next week, stay about the same, or go to pieces again in the next game. Wait and see, I guess.

My sense is that leadership and brotherhood is emerging. From the seniors to the freshman everyone seemed committed to the future of the program The pretenders are gone. Not sure how many wins this will translate into but it's good to hear and a foundation for future.

But according to some, this team has quit and Pruitt lost the locker room

I agree, good timing to look like a football team, still have a gauntlet to play Mizz and USC looked good.

Reactions: savannahfan

I have a similar read on things. The players seem to have more solidarity, seem to be playing *for each other.

Much obliged.
tumblr_oqy3zfZfdU1qmob6ro1_400.gifv

Not sure who said it but heard 2 players comment about "Communicating on the Field of Play" which said a lot. Improving on both sides of the ball and the reaction by players as the result of it. More proactive and not overthinking.

Post is so spot on. Guess all these posters are on fall break?

They only come out right away after losses. After a win they wait a day or two and then try to pick apart performances, or harp on any breaks that were favorable. Trying to minimize the victory....things like “it was just MSU”....”Pruitt almost cost the game with that decision”....

Reactions: DonDiego
They only come out right away after losses. After a win they wait a day or two and then try to pick apart performances, or harp on any breaks that were favorable. Trying to minimize the victory....things like “it was just MSU”....”Pruitt almost cost the game with that decision”....

Still awaiting several posters who posted early and often the last few weeks.

Go Vols

Reactions: DonDiego
They took some positive steps forward. More important than their comments was how they overcame adversity. Maurer going down, and T'ooT'oo getting sent off could have caused them to panic, but they stayed focused in this game. Right now, I don't know if they will step forward more next week, stay about the same, or go to pieces again in the next game. Wait and see, I guess.
BAMA is not MS, we will NOT be taking any positive steps forward against the Tide, we are going to face the hardest hitting, fastest, every-down, every play, every time- team they'll ever play. BAMA will be playing for a NATY this year.

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back