Post-game dining options

If you cant get into the Calhouns on the River try the one in Bearden or Turkey Creek. Those have the beer muffins which are next level!

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Hi all - Pitt fan here, pressing issue on my mind regarding the game this week - where am I going to eat after the game?

A friend suggested Calhoun's on the River and the menu looks good. But realistically, will I be able to get seated there after a game? I don't mind waiting a bit for a table, but with 80-100k people roaming the streets, is this one of those "forget about it" places?

If not there, any suggestion where to go after the game for a fairly quick bite that is not fast food? I am willing to wait 30-40 minutes or so to be seated, but it is a long drive back to PA. I am parking at Locust St garage (if that helps knowing my foot path) and then heading on I40 East in car if there a suggestion no too far out of town on the driving route.

Thanks for any info and good luck this week & this season!

Knoxville Restaurants | Find Award-Winning Dining & Breweries (visitknoxville.com)

If your goal is atmosphere, Calhoun's is fine. If you want better food go to market square and go to whichever spot you're feeling...or sweet Ps.

Dead end has been appropriately named the couple times I had it. Very meh.

Reactions: 1 in 102 455
Hi all - Pitt fan here, pressing issue on my mind regarding the game this week - where am I going to eat after the game?

A friend suggested Calhoun's on the River and the menu looks good. But realistically, will I be able to get seated there after a game? I don't mind waiting a bit for a table, but with 80-100k people roaming the streets, is this one of those "forget about it" places?

If not there, any suggestion where to go after the game for a fairly quick bite that is not fast food? I am willing to wait 30-40 minutes or so to be seated, but it is a long drive back to PA. I am parking at Locust St garage (if that helps knowing my foot path) and then heading on I40 East in car if there a suggestion no too far out of town on the driving route.

Sweet Ps bbq in old city. Best in town. Good beer selection also, game day food specials. Trust me on this one.

I know what you mean but Applebee's might be a bit unfair.

My wife used to work for a commercial kitchen design company and said the Applebee's they did always had something like 8 microwaves compared to every other restaurant that had maybe 2 or 3 at most.
@PittBoss (great handle by the way)
Calhoun's is more like Chili's with a great location. And I like Chili's, not hating on Chili's at all (not a food snob) but it is what it is. You don't go there expecting gourmet or "craft" food and drink.

If you're anything like a foodie or want somewhat "elevated" food/drink, yeah, one of the places at Market Square is where you want to go.

el-burro-flojo-mexican.jpg

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Balter brewpub on Jackson is a good alternative. Has a nice patio and is off the square and Gay St so it gets more locals than tourists.

Definitely go to “the ball” on Alcoa highway. 🤫
GBO!!

Reactions: PEPPERJAX

It will likely be a mad house at Calhouns. Unfortunately, East is the least when it comes to Knoxville. Maybe stop at the Sevierville (exit 407) exit as there is a Chop House, which is usually very good. This is on your way and about 30 minutes from downtown.

I’m joking with my last reply. DO NOT go to the ball, on Alcoa highway!
Seriously, plenty of options on market square and you are just a few miles(traffic may make it seem farther) from west Knoxville, where there are plenty of places. Calhoun’s, firebirds, copper cellar, Balter beer works, stock and barrel, JC Holdway, wicked chicken, chivo taqueria, Gus’s, sunspot, Barleys, central flats and taps, walk ons, Emilia, Cafe4, Union place, Aubrey’s...
GBO!!

In game definitely get a Petros.

VN Store

Back