Possible win loss for vols

Hey Zippy, you like Mullen tried the first play flea flicker like a "revenge" play from the year before when he had ALL THAT FIRST ROUND TALENT at MSU? UGA started with a flea flicker and continued to destroy Grantham's defense with all those first rounders on it. Then Mullen tries to get revenge with Franks running the same play to open the game and he sails it 10 yards over his WRs head .... classic.

Here we go with the projection scores; you lost to UK therefore... Well you got skull-drug by LSU and Florida beat them, therefore... None of that matters. Mullen took a 4-7 team with Jim McElwain recruits and gave UGA all they could handle for 3.5 quarters. Any honest UGA fan will tell you that game was way too uncomfortable for them and ending up breathing a huge sigh of relief at the end.

Florida lost a lot on the o-line, and that is it.

Georgia lost numerous key players; Nauta, Hardman, Ridley, Holloman, Holyfield, Godwin, Baker, Walker, Ledbetter, Fields/Ford to transfers and others to graduation.

As has been pointed out, they’ve got unproven “potential guys” at WR and “potential” guys on the d-line. If Georgia fans can say “trust us, we’ll be good at WR and DL,” then Florida can say the same about the O-Line.

If Florida is as woefully talentless as you’d like others to believe, how did they a) finish ranked higher/tied with Georgia after 2018 and b) start out this year in the top 6 or 7 only a few spots behind Georgia? You’re in denial.
Again, the DL is FAR from a weakness of the team and anyone out there saying otherwise has no idea what they are talking about but have at it. Yes, the receiving corp and TEs are thinned out but I would MUCH rather be thin there than at OL. But to help you out since you obviously went and just pulled a list somewhere of players who "were there last year but not this year", Ford almost never played for UGA, Fields wasn't supplanting Fromm this year because we saw he couldn't last year, Baker .. seriously dude?!?! Ledbetter was an undersized Richt player who probably wouldn't start this year with the depth they have on the DL (not saying he wasn't a good player, just far better players now with more experience in games). Holyfield is a RB .. if there is a position group at UGA you don't worry about outside of the OL, it's the RBs. Moving on. And no, they didn't give UGA all they could handle for 3.5 quarters as they barely moved the most of the second half .. maybe like 2.15 quarters

And quit throwing out the excuse of "McElwain recruits" since they recruited about the same level .. last year's UF class finished 9th but that is including Steele and Black, both 4 stars who won't be there.

UF replaced nearly and entire starting OL, a large portion of the front 7 and still has Chinchilla Franks.

Regarding the front seven, what “large portion” is UF missing? Did you mean “large” as in about 23%? UF lost 3 guys who started or played significantly. They return 13 guys who started or played significantly. So they return 77% of their front seven production, but I see what you mean by the other 23% being a “large portion.” 😂

On the o-line, UF replaces 3 starters, and a sometimes starter. They return the Center, Nick Buchanan, that started every game last year and they return the LG, Brett Heggie who started several games over last two years, played entire game last year v LSU and is very experienced. The other three on the o-line have a hand full of games they’ve played in here and there. They’re all big, strong and have been in the program long enough to be solid, and I trust Hevesy and Mullen to coach them up.

Nothing wrong with Franks, he’ll be ready to go. But if he isn’t, Kyle Trask and Emory Jones are there waiting. Meanwhile, nobody even knows who the hell Georgia has backing up Fromm. But let me guess, he’s the best backup QB ever, with the most potential ever, that nobody ever heard of, he’s a five-star potential guy, one of 23 just like him that the Great Kirby recruited, but because Kirby blessed him, he’ll be a Heisman contender if Saint Kirby calls on him. 😂

Baker .. seriously dude?!?!.

You lost me here. Yes, seriously. You don’t even know your own team. Yes, Baker. Deandre Baker, you know, first round NFL draft pick and your best CB from last year, Baker.

So either you are so out of touch that you think replacing a first round caliber CB from your team is a snap, or you didn’t realize he was a 1st round corner on your team.

Learn your own team dude, then come try again.

The talent and effort gulf between the two teams last year was reminiscent of some of the times Spurrier waltzed into Knoxville and lead by 20 at the half. Gonna have to fix that one of these decades. But but but it was so close except for the turnovers. No it wasn't.
The Gators were faster, bigger, stronger, deeper, and they executed better. We out-gained them. But, their staff had enough common sense to see that our offense would provide them with enough cushion to win, going away.

Dude, put your son’s high school language book away and start posting like a normal person. Nobody here cares about binary and probabilistic, we care about 3rd and 6 playcalling, uniforms and recruiting.

Sorry if words like binary and probabilistic are alien to the lifeforms of Florida. Good god. "Please, sir, dumb down all football talk for us folk" lmfao gtfo here.

I’m not sure what it is but for some reason, we play better against GA than FL (UT that is). Our team could just absolutely pee all over themselves against FL and then, that same team will play out of their minds against GA. I’ve seen it before and it’s a head scratcher for sure.

Reactions: Sara Clark
Another late season swoon could well include a road loss to a program that will consider this game its bowl game. If TN's players are out to lunch again, this is a dangerous contest.

At least 8-4. I think Vols are the surprise team in the SEC this year.

Fire away.

Wins: GA State, Chattanooga,UK
Toss Ups: BYU,Miss St. UAB,South Carolina, Mizzou, Vanderbilt
Losses: Florida, UGA, Bama

3-9 and 9-3 are our floor/ceiling.

So last year, one of the worst teams in Tennessee history beat the best team in UK history with ease. UK lost the majority of that team and you expect me to believe they're going to beat Tennessee this year? Don't get me wrong Tennessee is bad but UK will be worse.
I think Kentucky mimics the 2016-2017 UT teams. A huge drop off with all the talent UK lost, in my opinion.

VN Store

Back