Possible win loss for vols

I’m hoping we get to 7-5 or better this year but will expect to have loftier hopes for 2020 and beyond... if there is anything I’ve learned through the dark days of UT football it’s to temper expectations or I will almost inevitably be disappointed.

If we show improvement on the field this year and turn some of our 3 star recruits into 4 stars while getting more elite guys (5 stars) in, the sky’s the limit.

I thought when we came close to beating USC and then beat KY last year that we might win 7 games. BUT we ran out of gas down the stretch and fell short of what we should have done. I think this year there are more contributors and our strength and conditioning are better. We should not fade down the stretch. I think we win 8 games this year and lose to AL, GA, FL and Mizzou. I might even get Mizzou depending on injuries to both teams.
I don't think conditioning or injuries is what may Tennessee fade down the stretch last year. That team just flat-out quit. I don't know what it was. You don't get beat that bad by Missouri and Vanderbilt unless you quit. I don't know if these guys just didn't want to go through more practice to go to a bowl or if they got ticked off by some of the things Pruitt said during the season. I guess we'll find out this year if the mentality is different.

Reactions: chrismc1000
There are 25 5 stars in the SEC East. 23 play for UGA. Zero, nada, zilch play for UF.

All those 5 stars with nothing to show for it. The 2017 SEC title was dominated by really, really good Mark Richt players.

All those 5 stars lost three games last year. And poor, poor pitiful Florida was leading midway through the 3rd quarter, and down by one score with 8 minutes left in the game.

The SEC East is there for Florida and Tennessee to reclaim. Stop being so enamored by them.

All those 5 stars with nothing to show for it. The 2017 SEC title was dominated by really, really good Mark Richt players.

All those 5 stars lost three games last year. And poor, poor pitiful Florida was leading midway through the 3rd quarter, and down by one score with 8 minutes left in the game.

The SEC East is there for Florida and Tennessee to reclaim. Stop being so enamored by them.
Lol..

th

Reactions: Atlanta917
I just hope we play better and keep it close(r) against FLA this year instead of looking like the Keystone Cops. If any of you didn't notice, Bama took pity on us last year and was desperately trying NOT to score late in the game deep in our territory. That was sad. I'll be happy if we win our non-con games and take care of UK, SC, VU. I'll take a split with Mizzou and Miss St.

Hell if this team pulls off 10 wins this year or next that means recruiting is really going strong and QB play is on fire!! JG winning 10 games this season?? Nah not seeing it. Best he will do is 7-8 if he’s lucky...
I'm not sold on Pruitt yet. I don't like him or dislike him, I've just not seen enough. However, the staff around him is first class and the talent on this team is a lot better than most are giving credit for.

These boys are gonna bust heads a little harder than people expect this year. I think we can get to 9 wins, realistically. 10 wins would be something else, they start rolling and get some luck here and there, they can do 10, imo.

Long time listener first time caller. When I look at last years schedule the biggest thing I notice is that, for how rough it was, we didn't drop 3 games in a row. So when I look at 2019 and the stretch with UF, UGA, Miss St, Bama & USc- if we can stay healthy and grab W's at home with Miss St and USc we could realistically be looking at 7-8 win season, pick up a win in the bowl game and win 8-9 games would be a HUGE year. I've asked my UGA buddies what to expect with Chaney: an efficient, complimentary offense that will help take pressure off the D. We rank #2 in the country in terms of returning production so marrying that with a defensive minded head coach with an OC whose been around the block, expect to squeak an extra game. Name of the game for '19 is to stay healthy, get some solid freshman contributions and to be make UF, UGA & Bama play all 4 Q's.
GSU-W
BYU-W
Chatt-W
UF-L
UGA-L
Miss St- 50/50 they get a big bye week before this game after we play a tough physical UGA squad. This game should tell us a lot about this team
Bama-L
USc- 50/50 I'll put my money on a W here. They will have played UGA and UF back to back weeks before coming into Neyland
UAB- W
Kentucky-W losing so much production, don't recruit well enough to not expect significant drop off
Mizz-50/50 They will also be coming off UF and UGA back to back weeks, will they have the depth?
Vandy-W last time they won 4 in a row was the 1920's, Pruitt ain't gonna let it happen

Even if we only win 1 of the 50/50 games: we have a 7 win season with a chance of 8 in the bowl. Same scenario even if we win 2 50/50 games but drop one to say BYU early or Kentucky. 6 should be the expectation, 7 is the goal while 8 and above is just being ahead of schedule at this point.

I never understood the Richt's players argument. If Kirby wasn't recruiting well it would make sense, but Kirby's recruiting better than Richt. Congrats on that 19 point loss though, UF. Glad to see y'all at least got a moral victory out of it.

Do 42-7 and 36-17 ring a bell? Do want a participation trophy for only losing by 19? Oh and let's not forget Mullet's fine performance in Athens when UGA smoked MSU 31-3. You probably aren't that bright, based upon your posts, so I will do the math for you.

Smart - 109, Mullet - 27.

7-5, but I have no idea who we beat other than the cupcakes on the schedule. A few upsets maybe and a few disappointments like last year. 8-4 is the max in my opinion.

Do 42-7 and 36-17 ring a bell? Do want a participation trophy for only losing by 19? Oh and let's not forget Mullet's fine performance in Athens when UGA smoked MSU 31-3. You probably aren't that bright, based upon your posts, so I will do the math for you.

Smart - 109, Mullet - 27.

Does 21 of the last 28 ring a bell? UF has dominated Georgia for 3 decades. 42-7 was with a fired-in-the-pregame locker room lame duck coach and 36-17 had Georgia fans shaking in their boots deep into the 4th quarter. Does 24-10 ring a bell? That’s Jim freaking McEalwain shark-humping Kirby’s backside in 2016. Georgia fans want participation trophies for being the best 3-loss team in history, so why not? Nobody revises history quite like Georgia fan. All the sudden they’re the “Bama of the east” because they’re enjoying a couple seasons where Florida and Tennessee haven’t quite been right. The “Bama of the east” minus all the championships of course. Georgia hasn’t won a national title in almost 40 years, 40!

Here’s a news flash, that ain’t ever going to change. Georgia missed their window. Now they’re stuck with a younger, louder, more annoying, defensive version of Mark Richt, only much less likable. It’s over for Georgia.

In the words of many a Florida fan, congrats on your moral victory .. especially since they still ended up losing by three scores. Why? Because depth matters and MOST of all those 5 stars you keep pointing out freshman last year .. and your UF team lost more than it added in the most critical spot, the OL. And that's from a team that lost to UK IN THE SWAMP!

Reactions: ZippyMorocco
In the words of many a Florida fan, congrats on your moral victory .. especially since they still ended up losing by three scores. Why? Because depth matters and MOST of all those 5 stars you keep pointing out freshman last year .. and your UF team lost more than it added in the most critical spot, the OL. And that's from a team that lost to UK IN THE SWAMP!
ROTFLMAO

Does 21 of the last 28 ring a bell? UF has dominated Georgia for 3 decades. 42-7 was with a fired-in-the-pregame locker room lame duck coach and 36-17 had Georgia fans shaking in their boots deep into the 4th quarter. Does 24-10 ring a bell? That’s Jim freaking McEalwain shark-humping Kirby’s backside in 2016. Georgia fans want participation trophies for being the best 3-loss team in history, so why not? Nobody revises history quite like Georgia fan. All the sudden they’re the “Bama of the east” because they’re enjoying a couple seasons where Florida and Tennessee haven’t quite been right. The “Bama of the east” minus all the championships of course. Georgia hasn’t won a national title in almost 40 years, 40!

Here’s a news flash, that ain’t ever going to change. Georgia missed their window. Now they’re stuck with a younger, louder, more annoying, defensive version of Mark Richt, only much less likable. It’s over for Georgia.
Florida vs. Georgia - Play-By-Play - October 27, 2018 - ESPN

And just to help you not be a revisionist of history yourself (you know, we want to make an honest man out of you), the "shaking in our boots" must have come from the fact that after Florida's early TD in the second half (came at the 13:35 mark in the 3rd) the rest of the vaunted UF offensive drives were punt, fumble, FG, punt, turnover on downs. All UGA did was TD, punt, FG, TD, TD so yeah, we were terrified. And since you're a fan of way way back history, let's keep it more recent shall we. UGA has split with UF 5/5 the last 10 years. UGA hasn't lost to an SEC East team at all the last two years and hasn't had a game get inside of 14 points against the East. And the young talent got a lot more experience .. but wait, there's more! UF replaced nearly and entire starting OL, a large portion of the front 7 and still has Chinchilla Franks.

Here we go with the projection scores; you lost to UK therefore... Well you got skull-drug by LSU and Florida beat them, therefore... None of that matters. Mullen took a 4-7 team with Jim McElwain recruits and gave UGA all they could handle for 3.5 quarters. Any honest UGA fan will tell you that game was way too uncomfortable for them and ending up breathing a huge sigh of relief at the end.

Florida lost a lot on the o-line, and that is it.

Georgia lost numerous key players; Nauta, Hardman, Ridley, Holloman, Holyfield, Godwin, Baker, Walker, Ledbetter, Fields/Ford to transfers and others to graduation.

As has been pointed out, they’ve got unproven “potential guys” at WR and “potential” guys on the d-line. If Georgia fans can say “trust us, we’ll be good at WR and DL,” then Florida can say the same about the O-Line.

If Florida is as woefully talentless as you’d like others to believe, how did they a) finish ranked higher/tied with Georgia after 2018 and b) start out this year in the top 6 or 7 only a few spots behind Georgia? You’re in denial.

VN Store

Back