possibilities next yearmmm

2009 Mock Draft
Updated: 1/26/09 6:27 am

# Team Player H W P School C

1 Oklahoma Cty Blake Griffin 6-10 252 PF Oklahoma So.
2 Washington James Harden 6-5 220 SG Arizona St. So.
3 Sacramento Hasheem Thabeet 7-3 265 C UConn Jr.
4 LA Clippers Jordan Hill 6-10 235 PF Arizona Jr.
5 Memphis Brandon Jennings 6-1 170 PG USA Intl.
6 Golden St. Al-Farouq Aminu 6-9 215 SF Wake Forest Fr.
7 *Minnesota Earl Clark 6-9 230 SF Louisville Jr.
8 Indiana Chase Budinger 6-7 218 SG/SF Arizona Jr.
9 Toronto Gerald Henderson 6-4 210 SG Duke Jr.
10 Chicago Greg Monroe 6-10 234 PF Georgetown Fr.
11 Charlotte DaJuan Summers 6-8 225 SF Georgetown Jr.
12 *New York Damion James 6-7 227 SF Texas Jr.
13 New Jersey Jeff Teague 6-2 175 PG Wake Forest So.
14 *Utah Gani Lawal 6-9 233 PF Georgia Tech So.
15 Milwaukee Demar DeRozan 6-6 210 SG USC Fr.
16 Philadelphia Stephen Curry 6-1 180 PG/SG Davidson Jr.
17 *Minnesota Patrick Patterson 6-8 235 PF Kentucky So.
18 Detroit Eric Maynor 6-3 180 PG VCU Sr.
19 Dallas Omri Casspi 6-8 225 SF Israel Intl.
20 Phoenix Darren Collison 6-0 170 PG UCLA Sr.
21 Atlanta Patrick Mills 5-11 180 PG St. Mary's So.
22 Portland Ty Lawson 6-0 195 PG North Carolina Jr.
23 Sacramento Austin Daye 6-10 200 SF Gonzaga So.
24 New Orleans DeJuan Blair 6-6 287 PF Pittsburgh So.
25 *Oklahoma Cty Sam Young 6-6 220 SF Pittsburgh Sr.
26 *Oklahoma Cty Tyler Smith 6-7 220 SF Tennessee Jr. 27 Orlando Tyler Hansbrough 6-8 245 PF North Carolina Sr.
28 *Minnesota Terrence Williams 6-6 220 SG/SF Louisville Sr.
29 Cleveland Jerome Jordan 7-0 235 C Tulsa Jr.
30 LA Lakers AJ Price 6-2 190 PG UConn Sr.
Loading data...

31 Oklahoma Cty Josh Heytvelt 6-11 238 PF Gonzaga Sr.
32 Washington Curtis Jerrells 6-1 195 PG Baylor Sr.
33 Sacramento Dionte Christmas 6-5 190 SG Temple Sr.
34 LA Clippers Jeff Pendergraph 6-9 230 PF Arizona St. Sr.
35 Memphis Brandon Costner 6-8 230 SF NC State Jr.
36 Golden St. Taj Gibson 6-9 225 PF USC Jr.
37 Minnesota Tyrese Rice 6-0 190 PG Boston College Sr.
38 Indiana Robert Vaden 6-5 205 SG UAB Sr.
39 Toronto Marcus Thornton 6-4 210 SG LSU Sr.
40 Chicago

This is probably the most legit draft seeing as how it is through NBA.com and it was updated just 3 days ago (im sure tyler's stock dropped and marcus thornton and chris johnsons stock both rose)
The NBA prohibits team personnel from discussing prospects, other than seniors. That's just another internet guy's opinion and his list is laughable.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The NBA prohibits team personnel from discussing prospects, other than seniors. That's just another internet guy's opinion and his list is laughable.

So does that mean then that there would probably be more seniors on that list closer to draft day???

So does that mean then that there would probably be more seniors on that list closer to draft day???
No, it means that list is just a guy's opinion. An opinion that guarantee we can look at on draft night and laugh at heartily.

No, it means that list is just a guy's opinion. An opinion that guarantee we can look at on draft night and laugh at heartily.
Obviously the truth. How could any draft speculation be viable halfway through the college season?

im sure that list will look different come draft day but the point of it was to show how tyler smith compared in the draft to other. Hat, do you think if tyler, continued to play the way he has so far this year, and was to go into the draft at the end of the year that he would be a TOP 20 pick???

No it isn't man. Sorry. He was not projected that highly last year. Early in the year there was talks of him being a borderline lottery pick but that was mainly just local media hype.

And when I googled it I looked at 5 sites. 2 had him in the top 25 and 3 had him #26 and #27. And they all (including the ones with him in the top 25) had a bunch of questionable picks in there.

Around the deadline he was told that he would go between 15-25 at the lowest. He said when he chose to come back that he wanted to be a guarantee lottery pick, which he was not. And defenitely wont be again this year, his only hope of that happening would be to come back again next year and bust his butt all summer working on his outside game and ball handling.

Around the deadline he was told that he would go between 15-25 at the lowest. He said when he chose to come back that he wanted to be a guarantee lottery pick, which he was not. And defenitely wont be again this year, his only hope of that happening would be to come back again next year and bust his butt all summer working on his outside game and ball handling.

Show me a link where he was projected by actual NBA scouts as 15-20 at the end of the year.

Last edited:
i looked briefly to see and i can only find mock drafts for theend of last year after everyone had declared, i cant find one thats mid season. i know though that thats what tyler was told was guaranteed top 25, and he said when he came back he wanted to be a guaranteed lottery pick. i showed you the proof of this year where he would go but i really dont feel like trying to find last years link,sorry. your welcome to try though.

# NBA Team ( ) = from Player Name - Ht/Wt - Pos - College/Intl Team
1. Miami BJ Mullens 7'0 260lbs C Ohio St. Fr.
2. Seattle Ricky Rubio 6'4 180lbs PG Spain
3. Minnesota Demar DeRozan 6'6 195lbs SG USC Fr.
4. Memphis Jrue Holiday 6'3 200lbs PG UCLA Fr.
5. New York Blake Griffin 6'9 245lbs PF Oklahoma So.
6. LA Clippers Tyreke Evans 6'5 205lbs PG/G Memphis Fr.
7. Milwaukee Brandon Jennings 6'1 170lbs PG International
8. Charlotte Hasheem Thabeet 7'3 260lbs C Connecticut Jr.
9. Chicago Scotty Hopson 6'5 185lbs SG Tennessee Fr.

Best list ever

im sure that list will look different come draft day but the point of it was to show how tyler smith compared in the draft to other. Hat, do you think if tyler, continued to play the way he has so far this year, and was to go into the draft at the end of the year that he would be a TOP 20 pick???
Tyler wouldn't have been a Top 20 pick last year, he probably has no shot at being one this year. He's a back end of the first round/first couple of picks of the second round guy. Always has been.

i looked briefly to see and i can only find mock drafts for theend of last year after everyone had declared, i cant find one thats mid season. i know though that thats what tyler was told was guaranteed top 25, and he said when he came back he wanted to be a guaranteed lottery pick. i showed you the proof of this year where he would go but i really dont feel like trying to find last years link,sorry. your welcome to try though.

In other words - I was wrong and now I look stupid because I can't find proof - but now I'm trying to cover my arse. I bought into local media hype.

no thats not what it means it means that i couldnt find ANYTHING either way. why dont you go find me a link that shows that he was not projected to go top 25.

no thats not what it means it means that i couldnt find ANYTHING either way. why dont you go find me a link that shows that he was not projected to go top 25.

Your argument is the one that hinges on the fact that if he wasn't projected as high as you say he was - then you were flat out wrong to begin with.

Why would I waste my time when its basically a consensus (besides you of course) that he wouldn't of been drafted that highly lasted year.

um whos consensus? the only person who has said anything is hat and he said he wasnt top 20 last year that he would be late 1st round early 2nd round last year, and would be the same this year. so ummm being the same area in the draft isnt improving your stock, which is your whole arguement so....

um whos consensus? the only person who has said anything is hat and he said he wasnt top 20 last year that he would be late 1st round early 2nd round last year, and would be the same this year. so ummm being the same area in the draft isnt improving your stock, which is your whole arguement so....

Lol - no it isn't. I never said he improved his stock which just shows you don't know what you're talking about and trying to put words in my mouth now. I said he was no worse off last year than he is now. Due to several variables too.

I wasn't really talking about posters on here - but seeing as hatvol believes he wouldn't of being taken nearly as high as your claimed he was projected - doesn't really help your argument.

go to the 1st pageand look at the initial arguement. you clearly stated "tyler wont be picked higher this year?, his stock is higher". i stated "he wont be picked any higher than he would have last year"...hat said he'd be late 1st early 2nd last year or this year which IS THE SAME therefore your statement of he would be picked higher is incorrect.

go to the 1st pageand look at the initial arguement. you clearly stated "tyler wont be picked higher this year?, his stock is higher". i stated "he wont be picked any higher than he would have last year"...hat said he'd be late 1st early 2nd last year or this year which IS THE SAME therefore your statement of he would be picked higher is incorrect.

No - this is what I said.

"His stock wasn't higher last year than it is now."

Good job though.

We're not going to be much better next year, sorry. Tyler is leaving no matter what any experts say about his game or how obvious it is to ALL of his another year could do him good. He's like 5 years removed from high school already - if he can't shoot from the permiter now - why would he get any better?

It's not a matter of what's best for him in the long run - it is the fact he has a good and its all about the $$$ now. You probably can also bet on Wayne Chism leaving considering he filled out the draft papers last year to test the waters (which you can only do once and still return to school) - so read between the lines - Chism wants to come out this year if he can - and he's been playing well.

2009 isn't looking any better.

I gotta think some of the scouts are liking what they see in Chism . If he finishes strong he's gone imo.

please go and read your posts again....you said very clearly that you thought he would be taken in the Top 25 this year. yet you just agreed he would go late 1st early to mid 2nd round. I dont think Top 25 constitutes late first round or early to mid 2nd round.

please go and read your posts again....you said very clearly that you thought he would be taken in the Top 25 this year. yet you just agreed he would go late 1st early to mid 2nd round. I dont think Top 25 constitutes late first round or early to mid 2nd round.

25ish is late first round. I know what I said.

late first round you are saying is best case scenario, your saying late 1st early to mid 2nd. that would mean your saying the best possibility for him is late first round and sorry but top 25 doesnt really fit into that range of late 1st to early or mid 2nd.. a player projected to go top 25 would be very dissapointed to go late 1st or 2nd round.

25ish????You said top 25,so ya 28 29 30 range would constitute late, but you said top 25 that doest mean 25ish that means 25 or lower, which would not be late firs round.

25ish????You said top 25,so ya 28 29 30 range would constitute late, but you said top 25 that doest mean 25ish that means 25 or lower, which would not be late firs round.

You're seriously putting way too much thought into everything I say. You're like one of those people who tries to find a deeper meaning behind everything - are you a poet?

25 is late first round. Tyler's stock hasn't really changed drastically to make a difference for the better or for worse. What has changed is the class coming out last year and this year and the needs of each team - has nothing to do with his 'stock'. Those are just variables.

your putting just as much though into this as i am so i really dont see your point there. But anyways, as you just said he isnt really any better or any worse than last year. His reasoning for not coming out is he wasnt guaranteed to go top 20 or so and that he wants that for financial reason. Im guessing he hasnt hit the lottery so his financial situation is the same and is still probably seeking the same thing. So, it seems if he is predicted to go the same or worse than last year, that he'll live at UT another year for free, have no expenses and hopefully work on his game enough to be a guaranteed Top 20 pick. That's all my point is!

VN Store

Back