Portal Activity (News and Rumors)

Still think Holman is a vol, and don’t think we will have to wait all the way until Thursday to find out (although that remains a possibility)

On Ahuna, i don’t believe they anticipate him back and would be very shocked if he doesn’t sign. So don’t get your hopes up. But these negotiations that get to deadline day can always fall apart, so we will know later today. Vols would gladly welcome him back if that were the case

Still think Holman is a vol, and don’t think we will have to wait all the way until Thursday to find out (although that remains a possibility)

On Ahuna, i don’t believe they anticipate him back and would be very shocked if he doesn’t sign. So don’t get your hopes up. But these negotiations that get to deadline day can always fall apart, so we will know later today. Vols would gladly welcome him back if that were the case
Heard anything on Denton?

Heard anything on Denton?
No I haven’t, I think he’s much more likely to be back than Ahuna is, but I also don’t think it’s someone they’re expecting back at this point. I think the communication remains open and like Ahuna they’d gladly welcome him back, but both of those seem pretty set on starting their pro careers

Should be interesting how it plays out

No I haven’t, I think he’s much more likely to be back than Ahuna is, but I also don’t think it’s someone they’re expecting back at this point. I think the communication remains open and like Ahuna they’d gladly welcome him back, but both of those seem pretty set on starting their pro careers

Should be interesting how it plays out
If Denton is going pro would he have to sign today by 5?

It’s been said multiple times NIL is a secondary consideration here. It’s not a main thing. Both schools can offer good NIL. That won’t be the primary factor.
I don't have my finger on the pulse of recruiting like you do so I'll defer to your opinion . Guess the world we live in has colored my view when it comes to the almighty dollar.

I don't have my finger on the pulse of recruiting like you do so I'll defer to your opinion . Guess the world we live in has colored my view when it comes to the almighty dollar.

I don’t know any more than you do. I just listen to what the people who do this for a living say and assume they wouldn’t lie. So I just don’t know why people would automatically assume that this must now be a bidding war just because the Holman’s are taking time on this big decision.

NIL just feels like too much of a cop out these days. It’s the easy excuse now. AP said as much the other night on VQ. NIL’s impact on recruiting is not as profound as we think it is. It has an effect for sure, but I think people are just assuming that if we lose our on a recruit in any sport, we must have been outbid, which I just don’t think is the case for the majority of recruits.

I don’t understand this line of thinking. Both Ben and Eric has said that NIL is a factor but the relationships and comfort are what is driving his decision, so why would you just assume the families are playing the waiting game to get more money? The Holman family from everything that I can tell the past month has been very intentional and deliberate in this decision-making process. Nothing about this recruitment screams “highest-bidder”.
I don’t claim any insider status or know the family. I do know that lots of people claim they make decisions not based on the money, when in fact it is based on the money. That is my line of thinking

I don’t claim any insider status or know the family. I do know that lots of people claim they make decisions not based on the money, when in fact it is based on the money. That is my line of thinking

Don’t take this personally, but with that line of thinking it just sounds like you’re creating an excuse for if he picks LSU you can just say “Well we didn’t pay enough” when maybe the kid just likes LSU better.

Ahuna likely to play in the independent league if he doesn't sign rather than coming back?

Don’t take this personally, but with that line of thinking it just sounds like you’re creating an excuse for if he picks LSU you can just say “Well we didn’t pay enough” when maybe the kid just likes LSU better.[/QUOTE
He may just like LSU more and pick them but it seems if it was just about what he liked more, he could make that decision easily. If he is seeing how much money he can get it drags out like it seems to be doing.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
It’s interesting the insiders who don’t know the inside information. All of your questions will be answered this week
I had inside information on one football recruit once. It was fun, but I take most "insider" information with the understanding that, unless you are family or connected to the program, its had to get the correct information.

VN Store

Back