Portal Activity (News and Rumors)

I disagree. Fans would forgive and forget immediately because he’s immensely talented. I think the locker room would be the slowest to welcome him back.
Probably need a blind vote. Don't want to upset the apple cart . That's the way to make sure the players welcome him back. They know the real situation sure don't want bad feelings among teammates.

I disagree. Fans would forgive and forget immediately because he’s immensely talented. I think the locker room would be the slowest to welcome him back.

I think fans would forgive and forget until he had a bad outing or 2. A small group would be on him regardless, we still have people bring up Joe Milton running out of bounds against Ole Miss

Not saying it is gonna happen but the key words are supposedly said. If he does come back, he will be the most hated player in UT history from some of you. I just hope he finds what he is needing in life and makes him happy.
I have asked multiple players what he actually said in dugout and most did not hear what many of you are quoting. Not saying he did not say it but that is not what many of the active players actually heard him say.
I don't hate the guy, everything we are hearing is speculation.
However it's really bizarre there's been no announcement on destination.

Not saying it is gonna happen but the key words are supposedly said. If he does come back, he will be the most hated player in UT history from some of you. I just hope he finds what he is needing in life and makes him happy.
I have asked multiple players what he actually said in dugout and most did not hear what many of you are quoting. Not saying he did not say it but that is not what many of the active players actually heard him say.
I’ll love him no matter what. Sure, he was upset about the move to the bullpen but he didn’t quit on his team and actually got better in the face of adversity, especially after he felt like he let the team down against Notre Dame the previous year. The kid is high character imo. He is a huge reason we even got to Omaha this season.

I know you are very connected! Your son is one of my favorites on the team! I dont have a problem with burns personally! I think him leaving is beyond a stupid mistake. He should have just killed the closing spot and still went first in the draft! He was not good at the first of the year and moving him to the pen was great for him! He improved. But I do know Ben and swain are connected also and for both of them to say that that’s most of the stuff that has come out about burns and TCU behind the scenes and all the different agents behind the scenes is true, that sounds like burns is a little bit of a Diva. But I would welcome him back with open arms.. because he would have a point to prove which would make him an even better pitcher.
Ben and Swain need content.....And there are no college sports to cover right now.

Probably need a blind vote. Don't want to upset the apple cart . That's the way to make sure the players welcome him back. They know the real situation sure don't want bad feelings among teammates.
Agreed. Realizing this is all hypothetical and he’s probably gone. However if he wanted to remain, he should address coaches and then the team. If coaches were in agreement, then a blind vote should be conducted.

Throughout the years coaching, umpiring, and being a parent; it is amazing the things that are said in a locker room and dugout that guys can forgive. Now if we were talking girls, a whole different subject.
Guys can say stuff to and about each other and be over it in a split second if their buddy can help them win. Not talking specifics about this but male life in general. I coached girls' softball 3 different times and there was always drama. I had to institute a no crying rule for any reason except you are bleeding because you got hurt physically.

Some fans might dislike him, but most wouldn't. Despite belief, many of us have the common sense to know we have no idea what actually went on. If the coaches and the players accepted him back, the vast majority of fans would go along with it.

JMO, but people put too much stock into posts on an anonymous message board.

I would gladly welcome him back. No one can argue that he didn't give his all even when he knew he wasn't returning.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the team wait for Burns after his 6 inning long relief that was so huge for us in the outfield for him to finish his interview? Think they surrounded him and celebrated. If I'm remembering correctly, that doesn't look like there's chemistry issues. If I'm thinking of someone else, chalk it up to old age and forgive an old dog.

Maybe Chase won’t forgive or forget. I think a lot of “Vol Nation” fans can be major a-holes and they showed how vicious & mean they can be, especially to a 20 yr old.

Reactions: Volllllllls
Burns has all the talent in the world but if he doesn’t think he can be happy here then he needs to move on. I don’t want anyone who doesn’t want to be here in that locker room causing issues.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
We have no idea what his relationship with the other players is like so I wouldn't venture to even say that.

He’s a soft spoken kid when he’s outside of the lines with a cannon of an arm. He’s well respected by what remains from the 2023 team. The ones coming in better respect him, especially when they have only seen Omaha on TV. Plus, last time I looked, the American Athletic Conference & the SoCon weren’t on the same level as the SEC. Aside from that, guys like Burns come wired or get wired to not care what people think. Players want to win, they’d love to have Chase on the team.

Last edited:
Seems far fetched but is there any chance he’s waiting on the draft?

to see what happens with our other 3rd baseball transfer and Denton ?

Doubt it. Everywhere he goes there are question marks about the roster. We’re no different from Florida who just brought in a freshmen All-American 3B transfer.

Seems far fetched but is there any chance he’s waiting on the draft?

to see what happens with our other 3rd baseball transfer and Denton ?
I don’t think there’s anything far-fetched about the possibilities here. I’m starting to wonder about the more time goes by, the more it may be less sure for us. I need a boom in the worst way.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back