Poor Casey

LadyinOrange

Trophy Mod
Staff member

Five who hurt themselves

1. QB Casey Clausen, Tennessee: His workout was so poor that two scouts said he probably won't be drafted at all.

2. WR Maurice Brown, Iowa: With an estimated a dozen receivers expected to go in the first two rounds, Brown has 4.47 speed but he dropped way too many passes in the drills.

3. QB Ben Roethlisberger, Miami of Ohio: Most NFLers leaving Indy now have him pegged as the second quarterback after Eli Manning mainly because he missed on too many deep throws. Granted, he might have been pumped up and overly excited about throwing. Manning didn't throw; so he didn't hurt himself.

4. QB John Navarre, Michigan: Threw too many passes across his chest and looked very slow and too deliberate. He might be a fifth-rounder with some teams. Off the board with others.

5. QB Bradlee Van Pelt, Colorado State: Yes, he's the son of five-time Pro Bowl linebacker Brad Van Belt of the New York Giants, a 14-year pro. Coaches were asking him if he'd consider playing safety in the NFL.

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2173592

Wow, that's hard to to believe. I wish we had details of what he did (or didn't do) that was so bad.

I hate that - I always thought Casey got a bad rap here and was unlucky enough to have to play after everyone's favorite QB, Peyton, and the only QB to bring us a NC, Tee Martin. He may just prove some people wrong - I think he's one of these guys that if he gets on the right team and can be a 3rd stringer for a couple of years, may turn into a starter 3-5 years down the road... Regardless, I'm glad we had him for 4 years and wish him the best. Can you imagine if we'd had good ol' A.J. Suggs or Rattay for the last 4 years???

My sources tell me that Casey scored very poorly in the interview part of the combine. Apparently, he answered every question by simply repeating, "Um, ya know," over and over.

Originally posted by Old School Vol@Feb 26, 2004 4:10 PM
My sources tell me that Casey scored very poorly in the interview part of the combine. Apparently, he answered every question by simply repeating, "Um, ya know," over and over.

Geez, is that all it takes to knock someone out of the NFL? How much interviewing skill does a football player actually need?

Originally posted by LadyinOrange+Feb 26, 2004 5:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LadyinOrange &#064; Feb 26, 2004 5:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Old School Vol@Feb 26, 2004 4:10 PM

Geez, is that all it takes to knock someone out of the NFL? How much interviewing skill does a football player actually need? [/quote]
LIO, it&#39;s hard to tell sarcasm on a message board, but I am pretty sure that OSV was being sarcastic. I think the bottom line with Casey is mostly his arm strength. Also, his speed probably doesn&#39;t help. I think he can throw some balls well but struggles with accuracy on certain types of passes.

VN Store

Back