Pontiac Game Changing Performance

Are you sure? I find it hard to believe Appy State and Stanford got left out.

my bad tvols. i was in the process of watching espn bowl special show and they did a preview for the PGCP and they showed 4 plays...all of which were SEC teams. I then went to vote and there were all 13 plays from every week.

my bad tvols. i was in the process of watching espn bowl special show and they did a preview for the PGCP and they showed 4 plays...all of which were SEC teams. I then went to vote and there were all 13 plays from every week.
I was wondering that when I saw it, and it didn't seem right. That Alabama play was not better than the 2 I had mentioned, and neither was that field goal. I can't remember the other two right now, but I didn't think they should have won, either.

i would agree that the appy state block and the stanford win were bigger and i was wondering the same when espn showed that commercial.

I personally think the Trinity play wins, just for the sheer jaw-drop factor. Come on...15 laterals? For a touchdown? To win the game in the final seconds? That was ridiculous!

I may be biased, as I was a Div-III, Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference kid in college (although, sad to admit, Trinity spanked us every year in nearly every sport). It would be cool for one of the little schools to get a some love from the media, for once!

I personally think the Trinity play wins, just for the sheer jaw-drop factor. Come on...15 laterals? For a touchdown? To win the game in the final seconds? That was ridiculous!

I may be biased, as I was a Div-III, Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference kid in college (although, sad to admit, Trinity spanked us every year in nearly every sport). It would be cool for one of the little schools to get a some love from the media, for once!

The other team didn't look like they were trying at all. It looked like someone was playing NCAA on Freshman mode.

The other team didn't look like they were trying at all. It looked like someone was playing NCAA on Freshman mode.

Well, that's the SCAC for ya. It probably does look like that to all y'all who are used to watching decent Div I-A football. Remember, these kids don't get scholarships. They're not pursued for their talent like our SEC kids are. They just show up for school and basically if they want to play football, they get to play football.

I think Millsaps (the opposing team in the Trinity game) was actually 2nd in the conference this year, and that game determined who would win the conference. I know it's not the polished ball we're used to seeing at our SEC games (going to games at UT while I was in lawschool was a wonderfully different world), but the fact that the Trinity kids had the presence of mind to pull that stunt off is still pretty amazing.

Although, you're right. The Appalachian State block and the Stanford win over USC were pretty awesome.

Anybody notice how quickly the pundits have forgotten that Stanford win in their rush to slobber and fawn all over USC in the sports shows this weekend? What's up with that?

VN Store

Back