Poll: Who starts Saturday?

Poll: Who starts Saturday?

• Total voters
We've yet to get one. I suspect we might hear Friday. Just a guess on my part....

On Monday Heupel said he was hoping to know more about the injured players by "middle of the week" so hoping for an update today. I just hope someone is in his ear about how the fans turned on Pruitt due to sticking with a QB that was obviously not the best option on gameday.

Reactions: Sara Clark
Far too early, and Heupel is in no way the incompetent Slingblade McGump, but if he keeps trotting Milton out there w/o signs of improvement, darned if I'm not going to start to have JG/Slingblade flashbacks.

On Monday Heupel said he was hoping to know more about the injured players by "middle of the week" so hoping for an update today. I just hope someone is in his ear about how the fans turned on Pruitt due to sticking with a QB that was obviously not the best option on gameday.
We'll never know for sure...but my thinking is that Dobbs allowed Jones to hold on to his job a little longer, Pruitt, I think would have had another year if he could have let go of G earlier in the season. Surely Heupel isn't blind and deaf to those debates. I don't care how well someone does in practice, if they can't win games....you better go down the line of QB's and hope you find one that can. No doubt in my mind, Heupel hears the rumbles.......

Reactions: FBtime
Here you go, 247 just released this on today's SEC Coaches Teleconference.
Everything Josh Heupel said Wednesday on SEC Coaches Teleconference
to add to your post, it sounds like Milton is practicing but they still arent sure if he can go. For argument's sake, he said teh same thing about Cooper last week and he ended up not going.

ON JOE MILTON III’S AVAILABILITY

“He was out on the practice field today. I don’t know if he’ll be available on Saturday. Some of those guys that were nicked up after the ballgame are guys that are going continue to progress through the week and we’ll see where we’re at at the end of the week, as we get closer to kickoff.”

Reactions: Sara Clark
Far too early, and Heupel is in no way the incompetent Slingblade McGump, but if he keeps trotting Milton out there w/o signs of improvement, darned if I'm not going to start to have JG/Slingblade flashbacks.
Not to mention the fans that he keeps asking to pack the house will stop showing up. I don’t think our coaches ever get it. Fans will not show up in numbers if you’re not willing to make changes that could help the team.

No one should be booing Anyone! These are kids doing what they love to do and playing to get better! Booing is a Bunch of Childish "So Called" Fans!
Can I play Devils Advocate on this issue.
i believe most fans are booing the Coaching Decision on who should be playing, not the player.
and ticket paying fans have every right to express that displeasure.

Reactions: VolRage
He threw some great deep balls at Michigan and hit a reasonable % of them. He hasn't hit any for UT which is probably more of a surprise for the coaches than any of us. They've apparently watched him hit those same throws in practice regularly.

I have specifically said that you can't keep playing a guy who can't get it done in games.... but your post is ill reasoned.
My post is so ill reasoned he couldn't hold down the starting job at Michigan because of his inability to complete passes.

My post is so ill reasoned he couldn't hold down the starting job at Michigan because of his inability to complete passes.
No. It is ill reasoned because you assume he cannot get better following his experience at Michigan. He wouldn't be the first to fail at one place and explode at another. If he fails at UT then he fails at UT. He won't fail at UT because he failed at Michigan.

If Bailey ends up moving on then his success or failure at the next stop won't be determined by what he did or did not do at UT.

I'm not hung on Milton at all. I've said many times here that he hasn't played well and that Heupel cannot afford to give him a long rope. But they all got a clean slate with Heupel and Milton won the job in practice. That's where they have to start. But as we've seen for 4 years... it cannot end there if practice doesn't translate to games.

Reactions: KptVFL
Drafted? He can’t hit the broadside of a barn. Spoiler Alert: he will not be drafted. It amazes me that so many on here are sticking with the concept that he is fixable.
Wtf are you talking about ? I mever said he is fixable. I am saying if we somehow get a bowl game, I think Milton will declare. He isnt here for school. He sure isnt staying 3 years. I don't even think the dude should start, see my other posts. I think he is horrible but he has NFL size and has a cannon. Someone will likely take a shot if he can show something, anything. They have more time to do that in the League

I have zero confidence in Milton. Those overthrows were horrible. I think he's always trying to impress everyone with his arm strength. Can we please see what Bailey can do?
Milton seems like the scrambling qb who prefers to use the pass to set up his long runs. He doesn't seem comfortable in the passing game. He seem to put too much on short passes at times and his judgement on long passes......wow, i'm not sure you can coach that . You either have it or you don't and he seems to not have it.

Reactions: BigBadVol
OK, let's look at this with open eyes, Milton went out with a supposed high ankle injury. He isn't going to be ready to play and if he does this staff are idiots.

Milton seems like the scrambling qb who prefers to use the pass to set up his long runs. He doesn't seem comfortable in the passing game. He seem to put too much on short passes at times and his judgement on long passes......wow, i'm not sure you can coach that . You either have it or you don't and he seems to not have it.

As I've said before touch you can teach, finesse you can't and Milton has neither. Proof is in the pudding, just watch the kid play.

It is more than just overthrowing deep balls, it is his mechanics that cause those overthrows and he has been doing it for 4 years in high school, many at the college level and what we have is an extremely gifted athlete that never developed the footwork and throwing mechanics, he is raw and so far no one has been able to fix him, if it is even possible at this point. I am not sure he thinks he has a problem, but like everyone else here, I really don't know him or what his issues are, but he needs to either get it together or take a seat on the bench.

Bailey is not getting a fair shake here and if they are not going to give him playing time he should transfer to a school that wants a pro style QB.

Per Milton, he can do it all. It appears he has a huge and unwarranted ego because he can’t do half of what he thinks he can.

No. It is ill reasoned because you assume he cannot get better following his experience at Michigan. He wouldn't be the first to fail at one place and explode at another. If he fails at UT then he fails at UT. He won't fail at UT because he failed at Michigan.
It isn't just at Michigan. He had the same issue in high school. Once again, this isn't something that should come as a surprise to anyone. 4 years into college and it is the same problem.

I'm saying Hooker because I think they're going to be cautious with Milton's ankle and hold him out of the game. This will hopefully allow HB to get some snaps in live game action.

Hate say it hooker at hos point is far better option. We will get run off field at UF with Milton as it currently stands.....i mean run off the field!!!!

Reactions: Volfan1000

VN Store

Back