POLL: Who is THE WRU? GO VOTE: We DO NOT LOSE Polls!

It's a ridiculous argument. Let's break it down into periods. First will be 2011-present, then 2005-10, then 2000-2004, and finally, 1980-1999 (the importance of precision matters less once we are that far in the past.

2011-Present: (the first number is the round, the second is the overall number (not round number)
Tennessee / Clemson
Patterson: 1-29 / M. Bryant: 4-118
Hunter: 2-34 / S. Watkins: 1-4
D. Moore: 5-148 / D. Hopkins: 1-27

Same number of players chosen. Clemson's average pick was 50th, UT's was 70th. Edge Clemson, but not a massive one.

2005-2010
Tennessee / Clemson
Meachem: 1-27 / J. Ford: 4-108
/ C. Stuckey: 7-235
/ A. Currie: 5:140

Clemson has three picks to our one, but ours was a first round pick, and their average pick was 161st overall. Edge: UT

2000-2004
Tennessee / Clemson
M. Jones: 7-206 / R. Gardner: 1-15
K. Washington: 3-65 / D. Hamilton: 3-77
D. Stallworth: 1-13
C. Wilson: 6-169

Clear winner: UT. In terms of where they were drafted, Stallworth and Washington each beat Gardner and Hamilton, and then we have an extra two draft picks. Stalwart and Washington were also much more productive.

1990-1999
Tennessee / Clemson
Peerless Price: 2-53 / G. Cooper: 10-160
M. Nash: 1-30 / D. Thomas: 2-51
A. McCullough: 7-204 / J. Trapp: 3-72
N. Silvan: 6-180
B. Williams: 7-212
C. Fleming: 3-87
C. Pickens: 2-31
A. Harper: 1-12
A. Morgan: 5-134
V. Moore: 11-279
T. Woods: 8-205

Huge winner: UT. We had 11 WR's drafted, they had 3. We had 4 WR's drafted in the 1st 2 rounds, they had 3 total drafted, 1 in the 1st two rounds. Not even close.

It is also worth mentioning that while WRU isn't about TE's, they are pretty relevant, and we have had 4 drafted since 2000, and 3 since 2008. Clemson has has 1 drafted since 2000. So that pushes it further in our favor.

Clemson has a slight edge since 2011 (if we leave out TE's). We have a slight edge in the 6 years prior. And then we have massive, insurmountable edges in the two periods beforehand.

And, in the 2016 draft, we have the 5th and 25th best WR's according to walterfootball.com, Clemson has 6th and 22nd. Near enough as to make no difference, though they have a *slight* edge there.

16922808-standard.jpg

Is it me or is the D Rogers catch vs ole miss not in that video? Or the North vs usc? Also would've put the VP running over the ky defender for a TD. Just saying it should've been better since we are calling ourselves wru.

Go herd a turd. I thought it was good.

Reactions: 2 people
Nice Video! I love the responses at the bottom. All the same ole' "that's the past, this is the present". I'm sure it hurts to not have any idea about tradiTion.

I like the one comment where the guy claims Baylor is WRU. Haha!! Nobody even responded to him.

I did not see their Banner until just now: "Can't live in the Past" I almost Puked!

Voted!

Go Vols!

Spending YEARS in the military I've met a lot of college football fans from every SEC school pac 12 big 10 big 12 and I can NOT recall every meeting a Clemson fan....

Its not far from where I live in Georgia to Clemson. There are a few, but not many here.

Just took 10 minutes to vote about 50 times. I challenge the rest of you to top that.

Clemson-Tennessee war for 'WRU' title

I am NOT about to let us lose to Clemson! I'm doing my part, what about YOU?

Please Incognito page this link as many times as you can and vote for THE WRU, Your Tennessee VOLUNTEERS!

Go Big Damn ORANGE!

:shaking2:

Take THAT Clemson!

The beautiful thing about this whole situation:

Clemson shot themselves in the foot! IF we really are in a war with Clemson for Diondre Overton, we just won that war!

Think about it... He knows by now that his face is on this article and his name was mentioned.. Naturally, he has looked at the poll results. He has seen by now that we are CRUSHING Clemson in the poll... Now if he thought it was close before, not anymore. He is impressed and completely believes that TN is WRU!!!

Reactions: 1 person
UT: 80%
CU: 18%
Other: 2%

Yeah, these people should know better than to mess with VolNation when it comes to polls.

I just wonder who the crap the 66 votes for "OTHER" are talking about. lol

That was me because WRU is actually The Welsh Rugby Union.

And a couple of schools in the USA fighting over who is the Welsh Rugby Union just makes no sense.. let Clemson have it. I mean just think of how hard it is going to be on them when they show up for a game dressed for Rugby and the other team comes in full pads and ready for some football..

Reactions: 1 person
Voted once with Google Chrome, once with Internet Explorer and once with Firefox. Only 3 browsers I have installed.

Voted once with Google Chrome, once with Internet Explorer and once with Firefox.

If you right-click on the link and choose Open Link in Incognito Window, you can vote over and over and over again. This is in Chrome. :hi:

Thanks for helping WRU! Go Big Orange!

VN Store

Back