POLL: TO BENCH OR NOT TO BENCH JG - POST WEEK 2 (merged)

Bench JG vs UTC?

• Yes

Votes: 1,033 93.6%
  • No

Votes: 71 6.4%

• Total voters
Jarrod Gaurantinemo or whomever, needs to eats some cornbread or asparagus or something... to get him playing better.

He plays up to higher level talent normally. We can only hope that's the case this year, and that he starts working more with Coach Chaney and less with Weinke.

Weinke has taught him to stare at receivers as they run their routes rather than having JG know what routes his receivers are running and where they're supposed to end up... And watching for those spaces that are designed for the receivers to be open in. Weinke is teaching what worked for him because he wasn't that great
Chris Weinke won the Heisman Trophy in 2000 so he was quite a good quarterback;)

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Look we would be 2-0 by a country mile of it wasn't for JGs inability to read a defense

Freshman are playing all over the country and doing very good. South Carolina qb a freshman, put in the game because of injury and SC put up 70 points with him in there. Freshman are doing it in many places, why not give one of ours a chance to see what they can do. If we continue to go with jg, Sat. may be the only game we win. And I am not hating on jg, I am sure he is a very good young man. He just doesn't have it mentally to be a good qb

Freshman are playing all over the country and doing very good. South Carolina qb a freshman, put in the game because of injury and SC put up 70 points with him in there. Freshman are doing it in many places, why not give one of ours a chance to see what they can do. If we continue to go with jg, Sat. may be the only game we win. And I am not hating on jg, I am sure he is a very good young man. He just doesn't have it mentally to be a good qb

Put up 70 pionts vs an FCS school. Let's see how the kid does against bammer. :eek:

1-1. JG wasn't the reason they lost the Georgia St game.

I'm still not on the hate JG bandwagon, but it is fair to pin that BYU loss on him.
JG wasn't the reason we lost to GA State ?
He was the main reason we were not even close. 6 points in the second half except for a lay down TD that GA State gave him as time ran out. How is that even possible when UT had the superior talent on offense minus our QB. Good night even Furman hung 42 points on them. JG was a significant reason we lost that game. I put that loss on him as much as anybody. The talent on that offense should have hung 50 on them if we had any QB play what so ever.

He needs Kiffen like Crompton did. Eerily the same scenario. Not necessarily a big Kiffen fan but he def needs a horse whisperer in his life right now.

All of you Kiffin lovers are ignorant as well. If you love him so much, learn to spell his name, GEEZ!!! Kiffin wasn't Crompton's savior, Chaney was. He said as much already. What happened to FAU's offense when they lost Briles? It went to the crapper, just like UT's O did when Cut left twice. Some people are always rambling with no knowledge or facts. You sir, would be one of those people!

1-1. JG wasn't the reason they lost the Georgia St game.

I'm still not on the hate JG bandwagon, but it is fair to pin that BYU loss on him.

Yet, another poster who claims the fans hate JG. No one or very few hate the guy. All fans are tired of LOSING and DON'T SEE JG AS THE SOLUTION AT QB, PERIOD!!!

If I'm being honest I truly believe it's Chris Weinkie that has regressed JG in many ways. As rough as JG may have been last year, his reads weren't as sub-optimal as they have been this year. CW is a poison to QB's
It’s a known fact that that no matter what a player is being taught in practice most will resort back to what comes natural when the bullets start flying on game day. To suggest that a coach can somehow withdrawal skills is not only wrong but impossible. Can you be untought your ABCs? I think what you’re seeing is the same problems he’s always had that a lot of people were complaining about last year. The difference this year is the line is giving him more time than they did so now his flaws are now deemed “undeniable”.

JG wasn't the reason we lost to GA State ?
He was the main reason we were not even close. 6 points in the second half except for a lay down TD that GA State gave him as time ran out. How is that even possible when UT had the superior talent on offense minus our QB. Good night even Furman hung 42 points on them. JG was a significant reason we lost that game. I put that loss on him as much as anybody. The talent on that offense should have hung 50 on them if we had any QB play what so ever.
No. He wasn't. We gave up 38 points to Georgia freaking State.

Reactions: k-town_king
No. He wasn't. We gave up 38 points to Georgia freaking State.
I don't care about the 38 points we knew the defense was going to be really young. Did you not read that FURMAN put 42 points up against that team ? Did UT lose after they put 42 points on the board against GAST ? No because JG could not lead this team to the endzone enough to matter. By the way if UT even matches Furmans out put they win 42-38. It takes offense to win games and UT will not have it with JG playing QB. Just another thought. If UT is driving the ball and scoring touchdowns against GAST they are also eating up more clock and limiting the time that GAST has to run their offense.

All of you Kiffin lovers are ignorant as well. If you love him so much, learn to spell his name, GEEZ!!! Kiffin wasn't Crompton's savior, Chaney was. He said as much already. What happened to FAU's offense when they lost Briles? It went to the crapper, just like UT's O did when Cut left twice. Some people are always rambling with no knowledge or facts. You sir, would be one of those people!

Hey there drama queen big time tough guy. General rule of thumb on etiquette. If you wouldn’t say it to someone’s face, which trust me, you wouldn’t talk like that to me in person, then don’t bow up on a message board. You look like a loud mouth clown.

For some reason autocorrect wanted to spell his name that way and honestly I don’t care enough about, or respect the guy enough to care try to fix it but once.

I don't care about the 38 points we knew the defense was going to be really young. Did you not read that FURMAN put 42 points up against that team ? Did UT lose after they put 42 points on the board against GAST ? No because JG could not lead this team to the endzone enough to matter. By the way if UT even matches Furmans out put they win 42-38. It takes offense to win games and UT will not have it with JG playing QB. Just another thought. If UT is driving the ball and scoring touchdowns against GAST they are also eating up more clock and limiting the time that GAST has to run their offense.
Bingo

Reactions: Woke
Whoever voted NO to benching JG what’s wrong with you people?? It should be 100% YES!!!!! At one point it was 95% now that to back to 93.5 or something. Oh well

VN Store

Back