POLL: TO BENCH OR NOT TO BENCH JG - POST WEEK 2 (merged)

Bench JG vs UTC?

• Yes

Votes: 1,033 93.6%
  • No

Votes: 71 6.4%

• Total voters
I'm tired of all the hate I've been seeing concerning our QG. JG has all the tools to be a top level qb in the SEC, he's just not been able to develop due to the constant coaching and coordinator turnover, combined with an awful offensive line, poor coaching, and awful gameplanning. I believe if we just continue to give him time along with the rest of the team, he will become the QB he has the potential to be.
Weird, the offensive line has gotten better from week one to week two, please explain why JG has not? How long are you gonna make excuses for him and how much time are you willing to give him, an 0-12 season? I am not saying we won't win games with him but if you don't see the flaws than you are of the minority. Not sure what game you were watching Saturday but the game planning and offensive calls were good to go.

I'm tired of all the hate I've been seeing concerning our QG. JG has all the tools to be a top level qb in the SEC, he's just not been able to develop due to the constant coaching and coordinator turnover, combined with an awful offensive line, poor coaching, and awful gameplanning. I believe if we just continue to give him time along with the rest of the team, he will become the QB he has the potential to be.
I don't buy all those excuses. He should know how to go through his progressions and he doesn't see the field.
He's not gonna get any better and UT is about to run the gauntlet of fire in a few weeks. How much more time do we have to give this guy that we could actually be developing someone else.
Let him go to Rutgers or where ever next year

You love him so much; at least spell his name correctly. 🙄

If I'm being honest I truly believe it's Chris Weinkie that has regressed JG in many ways. As rough as JG may have been last year, his reads weren't as sub-optimal as they have been this year. CW is a poison to QB's

I don't buy all those excuses. He should know how to go through his progressions and he doesn't see the field.
He's not gonna get any better and UT is about to run the gauntlet of fire in a few weeks. How much more time do we have to give this guy that we could actually be developing someone else.
Let him go to Rutgers or where ever next year

Weinke has taught him to stare at receivers as they run their routes rather than having JG know what routes his receivers are running and where they're supposed to end up... And watching for those spaces that are designed for the receivers to be open in. Weinke is teaching what worked for him because he wasn't that great

VN Store

Back